• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Fans Are Celebrating Isabelle's Birthday, Even Though Nintendo Isn't

Bullet Club

Animal Crossing Fans Are Celebrating Isabelle's Birthday, Even Though Nintendo Isn't

Everyone in Animal Crossing: New Horizons has an in-game birthday, and December marks the occasion for Isabelle, one of the most beloved characters from the Nintendo Switch title. The Animal Crossing franchise has been around since 2001, but Isabelle wouldn't make her first appearance until 2012's Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Over the last eight years, the character has quickly becoming something of a mascot for the series, which even led to her appearing in other Nintendo games, such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Mario Kart 8. Unfortunately, Animal Crossing: New Horizons doesn't really have anything going on for the character's birthday today, and the game doesn't allow players to give the character any gifts. That hasn't sat well with some Animal Crossing fans, who took to social media to share their love for Isabelle!

Keep reading to see what fans are saying about Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Isabelle!

You'd think she'd at least get the day off!

This is Nintendo's biggest crime...

...but Animal Crossing fans still came together to celebrate!

Just look at all that love!

Some celebrated the occasion with art.

A rare picture of Isabelle outside the office.

Well, sometimes she participates in a race, or two.

We don't suggest doing that with your Switch, though.

Source: Comic Book

It's a shame, given all your residents get their special day. They should have implemented birthday's for everyone like Tom Nook, Mabel and Sable, etc.

Could have events around the birthdays or something and that'd be fun.

Meesh

To be honest... I didn't know Nintendo was this abusive.

I can forgive the Snes online catalog (a little)
I can forgive the scant details around BotW2 and Metroid. (Not really)
And I can even forgive the joy con issues.(lol puleeze I was super annoyed)

But to not give Isabel the day off so she can celebrate her birthday????? That is some shameful ass shit lol😆

DESTROYA

I don’t even celebrate my own birthday why the fuck should I care about a fictional characters made up birthday that was never alive to begin with.....the whole premise is retarded even for me a Nintendo guy

Fake

6f6.jpg

ExpandKong

Banned
This is the worst thing Nintendo’s done since they threw out all the invitations to K. Rool’s bar mitzvah or whatever

Isabelle is useless in New Horizons.

The game is good and is already my 2nd most played, but I have to imagine what this game would be if Isao Moro, then the director, didn't jump ship.

I like Kyogoku, but she wasn't supposed to direct this games. I think that because of this that the game is still incomplete.

Last edited:
Top Bottom