• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Karkador

Banned
Lp0wbCz.png

Karkador said:
Hey, Traveler! Was that a one-way ticket you just handed the conductor? Oh, you're moving to a new village! Looks like you've finally chosen a place to settle down, huh?

Thanks to the ongoing neighborhood efforts of the Happy Home Academy, your new village prides itself in calling itself the perfect place to live. Sounds really promising, doesn't it? Doesn't sound scummy like some other Villages, does it? Maybe almost a little too good to be true?

No! Wipe that worried look off your face!

Trust me, I've met a lot of people on this train going the same way as you; but come to think of it, I've never met anyone moving OUT of that village. Weird, huh? I guess people must like it there that much...

Certainly, if something weird was happening, the Happy Home Academy would fix it, right? I mean, if I wasn't banished to this train as your humble, haunting guide, I'd probably still be happily residing in-

*the train whistle whines to a whisper as it pulls into the station*

Ah, but that's another story - yours starts here! Enjoy your new life in the village, and remember: mind your neighbors!

FIeLVgS.png

Day 1 Map
Day 2 Map

Day Start/End summaries
Day 1 Begins
Day 1 Ends

Day 2 Begins
Day 2 Ends

Day 3 Begins
Day 3 Ends

Day 4 Begins
Day 4 Ends

* Player List *

A1 - Haly
A2 - Kalor
A3 - Kingkitty
A4 - salvapot - Evicted Day4
A5 - Darryl

B1 - RobotNinjaHornets
B3 - Mazre
B4 - Hobohodo
B5 - Razmos

C1 - Tomakasatnav
C2 - Tucah - Evicted Night 1
C3 - freakzilla149 - Evicted Day 3
C5 - Timeaisis

D1 - Ourobolus
D2 - RetroGamer42
D4 - franconp & ultron87
D5 - squidyj

E1 - EzekelRAGE
E2 - nin1000
E3 - Coppanuva - Evicted Night 2
E4 - LaunchpadMcQ - Evicted Night 4
E5 - Hippiehobo - Evicted Day 2

Karkador

Banned
* How to Play - Special Rules for this game *

The standard Mafia structure applies; however, there is a unique mechanic being added for this game - neighboring players.

As a player, you occupy a space on the 5 x 5 grid (see the Town Map above). Similar to a live game, where players sit to your left and right, always consider your space on the map, and who might be surrounding you. In this game, who your 'neighbors' are will mean a great deal.

Additionally, the space D4 has a house with two players - the housemates. They have each been assigned roles at random, like all other players, and don't necessarily know each other's roles or alignments - but any action carried out on that space (whether by Day or Night) must be carried out on both players.

* Voting and Eviction *

1. During the Day Phase, all players will be allowed to vote for a player to be Evicted (similar to Lynched) by the end of the Phase. That player will be eliminated from the game, and their space will become vacant.
2. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format:

VOTE: Karkador

via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text, as above.
3. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format:

UNVOTE: Karkador

via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text, as above.
4. It is not necessary to UNVOTE before casting new VOTE for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.
5. I will accept within reason misspelt names; although if I am unsure, I will notify you as such and in the meanwhile discount the vote. Votes in broken tags will not count.
6. Once someone has received a strict majority (50% +1) of the available votes, they are considered Evicted. Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that phase will not be counted, and I will end that day phase and proceed to the next night phase as soon as possible. Someone who has the majority of the votes will not be considered Evicted until the end of that day phase proper.
7. Players may bring a day phase to an end immediately without lynching by voting for

VOTE: No Evict

As with voting, please put the command in a separate line.
8. Once you're out, you are out; you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Evicted players may PM me one last message for the other players, which I will post on their behalf in this thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My life is ruined" is allowed, "My partner was Stitches!" is not.

* Fundamental Rules *
9. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not bring this community into disrepute.
10. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game must be strictly confined to this thread.
11. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. This is to prevent players using screenshots of material I sent them as proof. You are allowed, however, to lie about any mechanics or things I may have told you (within reasonable bounds).
12. Please be courteous to your fellow players. Mafia can be a game of high tension, and occasionally aggressive play can be useful; but keep in mind that this all takes place within the context of a game, and one that is there to be enjoyed.

* Activity and Deadlines *
13. In general, treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' enjoyment of this game is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.
14. If you do not post in this thread at least once in a 72 hour (3 day) period without prior permission, I will issue a PM notifying you that your absence has been noted (a "prod"). If you receive 3 such prods over the course of a game, I will immediately seek a replacement.
15. If you do not respond to a prod within a 48 (2 day) hour period, I will immediately seek replacement.
16. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify me by PM in advance. I can grant leave of up to 120 hours (5 days).
17. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of over 120 hours (5 days), please notify me by PM that you do not expect to be able to continue playing.
18. Each day phase will last 96 hours, and officially begins and starts when I notify the players as such in this thread.
19. Each night phase will last 72 hours, and officially begins and starts when I notify the players as such in this thread.
20. In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody evicted ("no-evict").
21. In the event of a phase ending with me not having received an action PM from a given player with a relevant action, then the game will proceed to the next phase with no action having been taken ("no-action").

* Other *
22. Outside of the VOTE and UNVOTE commands, the use of the highlight tag is strictly my prerogative. Do not use it.
23. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, I will seek a replacement.
24. I will attempt to provide a list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") as frequently as possible. If you feel I have forgotten to do so recently, please just ask and I will do so at the first opportunity.
25. I reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, I will inform all players when I have done so.
26. In general, do not try and exploit loop-holes in the rules.

* The Golden Rule *
Have fun!

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells chime a Final Countdown in the distance

An eviction-torn Village stands on the brink of collapse.

Today is the final day.

Who will prevail?

Razmos, the Town Gossip, is gone for good.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are the Town Gossip!

You are aligned with the Town.

You win when only Town-aligned players remain.

Each Day Phase, you may recruit one neighboring player (up/down/left/right, if present) into your clique by PMing me with the command RECRUIT: <name>. That player will be sent a link to your private chat (redacted). Do not share this link with anyone - I'll PM the link to the targeted players before the Night Phase starts.

Players in your clique are only allowed to talk in your private chat during the Night Phase; The rules of the public game thread also apply in your chat.

Recruited players are shown nothing about about each other's roles or alignments. No copy/pasting PMs sent by me is allowed, but any other claims are fair game, the same as you would expect of the public game thread.

Your chat will remain open for the remainder of the game, even if you are eliminated. However, eliminated players are not allowed to post in the chat anymore.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

With only 3 players left, today cannot be ended by a majority. As a result, today will only last 48 hours, and will be decided by plurality as usual.

NdhH3up.gif

THE FINAL DAY BEGINS

Yc8nAkT.png

t1436729400z1.png

Razmos

You mispelt my name as Razmus in the town map, FYI ;P

Unless Razmus is an imposter who stole my house and I've just given a huge twist away.

Sweet, a lakehouse!

Do Kalor and Tucah count as my neighbours? Or is it strict horizontal/vertical? Or will I find out in due course?

PS Hey sorry anyone who I may have killed in a past life I'm a good guy now I swear

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I feel like all is not what it seems with this town.

Coppanuva

Sweet, a lakehouse!

Do Kalor and Tucah count as my neighbours? Or is it strict horizontal/vertical? Or will I find out in due course?

PS Hey sorry anyone who I may have killed in a past life I'm a good guy now I swear

Lakehouse bros! Also combination lake and beach house is by far the best possible combination.

Karkador

Banned
Phew!

Okay, all Role PMs have been sent, and Razmuses have been Razmosed.

We should wait a day to let everyone get settled in, so I think I will set the start of the game to....

May 12, approx. 3:30PM EST

ultron87

Stupid expensive rent. Making me have a roommate.

Does that mean voting for one of us during the day is essentially voting for both of us?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Neighbors!

It has come to my attention that our town lacks a name.

Frankly, I don't even know how we managed to collectively miss this because we all must've given the moving companies some sort of address.

So, apropos of the above, I open the floor for suggestions.

Karkador

Banned
Wow that's a lot of rules @_@

Don't be intimidated! Most of it is common sense stuff. Have you played a Mafia game before? I could add some basic Mafia rules, if anyone is unfamiliar.

Also, someone has asked me via PM to explain how the roles and house placements were chosen, and I thought I'd just address it in the thread -

Roles were assigned randomly.

However, the placement of everyone on the map was by design, because it's such a big part of the game. It's also the reason there are lakes in some spots, instead of houses. Consider the water spaces on the map as empty spots.

kiri

Don't be intimidated! Most of it is common sense stuff. Have you played a Mafia game before? I could add some basic Mafia rules, if anyone is unfamiliar.

Also, someone has asked me via PM to explain how the roles and house placements were chosen, and I thought I'd just address it in the thread -

However, the placement of everyone on the map was by design, because it's such a big part of the game. It's also the reason there are lakes in some spots, instead of houses. Consider the water spaces on the map as empty spots.
I've played a lot of Werewolf but after reading and re-reading everything through, I think I'm good to go.

Kudos on all the effort you've put in - I am very impressed!

Neighbors!

It has come to my attention that our town lacks a name.

So, apropos of the above, I open the floor for suggestions.
I suggest Greater Gaffington!

This is awesome. Are you a professional game dev?

Pau

This is awesome. Are you a professional game dev?
He should be! Look at those cute houses he drew. :3

Participating in the game would have been unfair since my role would be "Seducer of the Moderator" so I'm just gonna watch and embarrass Kark when I can. And steal credit for the theme.

Timeaisis

Evict: Barryl--oh, he's not in this game. Nevermind.

You guys seem nice. I hope Razmos and 21GunShow are nice people, what with being my neighbors.

SalvaPot

My neighbors are a king and a hobo, does this mean I am in the rich or the poor side of the village?

Oh, and Daryll.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I suggest Devillage ass our merry name.

Ah, the town of "Devillage Ass"; a tourist location for all the family.

As a heads up, if Karkador ever can't make a session for some reason, I'll drop by quickly to sort things out. Otherwise, I shall be watching from the distance and gloating at your confusion. Have a good game!

Karkador

Banned
Alright, everyone, we've had a player substitution that's been resolved now -

kiri, we hardly knew you, but everyone say hello to Ourobolus, your newest neighbor in D1.

-------------

With that out of the way, let's begin.

A sunny new day begins in your new village - Devillage Ass might be one of the dankest-sounding mailing addresses you've ever asked your relatives to put to paper, but the warm breeze outside is anything but foul.

Speaking of brown notes, you found a letter in your mailbox -

]
dwGybBZ.jpg

You've heard of the Happy Home Academy before - they're sort of like Baby's First Big Brother. Not exactly local government, not exactly a friendly face - they spy on the community and make people leave in the name of "a perfect place to live", but who were they, anyway?

You start to wonder if it might be better to find out who they are - and maybe kick them out for good.

The First Day Begins - 96 Hours Left

t1431804900z1.png

Top Bottom