• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Horizons is out March 20th, 2020

Bullet Club

Tm9ZJKk.jpg

08T31BF.jpg

tpL5Gms.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great. Fine with delay as this year is very crowded. Though next spring is too.

Zog

Banned
I would maybe be annoyed by it if it didn’t fit Animal Crossing. But it feels like a good addition. Animal Crossing has always been a game about collecting. Adding crafting feels like a natural next step in the gameplay. I’m excited.

Animal Crossing has been just fine without crafting.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The Minecraft style axe crafting is really scaring me. This isn’t what I play AC to do.

Just make a pretty version of new leaf with some extras. You missed the Minecraft boat half a decade ago Nintendo.

Manus

Ya'll crazy. I gladly welcome some crafting to AC, it's been needing it. One big reason why I vastly prefer Stardew Valley to it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Can't wait to get ripped off again by Tom Nook.

Next year is crazy. Animal crossing, watch dogs, and cyberpunk within a month of each other!!

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Really looking forward to this. Animal Crossing GC is a classic game imo, this looks to be similar.

iconmaster

Banned
The road-plotting makes me think you're going to have a remarkable amount of control over the town as it develops. Perhaps even laying out plots for neighbor's houses? Town amenities? Is this Animal Crossing SimCity??

The road-plotting makes me think you're going to have a remarkable amount of control over the town as it develops. Perhaps even laying out plots for neighbor's houses? Town amenities? Is this Animal Crossing SimCity??
Animal Crossing in many ways is a sim. While it wouldn't be popular with a lot of people, I've been wanting Animal Crossing to be more open world with the need to leave your town and explore a larger world map for resources, bugs, animals, fossils, etc. I think it'd be kind of cool to be able to have multiple towns on a large map. Maybe have a little bit of danger in the open world as well. Though, I know Nintendo is probably never going to take Animal Crossing in the direction, I think it would be cool personally.

Animal Crossing in many ways is a sim. While it wouldn't be popular with a lot of people, I've been wanting Animal Crossing to be more open world with the need to leave your town and explore a larger world map for resources, bugs, animals, fossils, etc. I think it'd be kind of cool to be able to have multiple towns on a large map. Maybe have a little bit of danger in the open world as well. Though, I know Nintendo is probably never going to take Animal Crossing in the direction, I think it would be cool personally.

Big no to danger in Animal Crossing.

Animal Crossing is so comfy that even Lego games seem like a Souls game in comparison. If you look up the word "relaxing" in the dictionary there is a picture of someone playing Animal Crossing. One time a guy was walking down an alley with his parents after a show, and a thug shot both of his parents. When commissioner Gordon arrived, he gave the kid his DS with New Leaf to play. Within seconds the kid was smiling. That kid's name? Luke Skywalker. If it wasn't for Animal Crossing he would have grown up to be Darth Vader, ruler of the iron throne and mother of dragons.

Throw danger into animal crossing and it's not animal crossing, it's something else.

Big no to danger in Animal Crossing.

Animal Crossing is so comfy that even Lego games seem like a Souls game in comparison. If you look up the word "relaxing" in the dictionary there is a picture of someone playing Animal Crossing. One time a guy was walking down an alley with his parents after a show, and a thug shot both of his parents. When commissioner Gordon arrived, he gave the kid his DS with New Leaf to play. Within seconds the kid was smiling. That kid's name? Luke Skywalker. If it wasn't for Animal Crossing he would have grown up to be Darth Vader, ruler of the iron throne and mother of dragons.

Throw danger into animal crossing and it's not animal crossing, it's something else.
Ha well i mean danger similar to the kind that is already in the game, mostly. You shake a tree and an angry bee chases you. Stuff like that. If you get stung by a bee or say attacked by a cute bear, you wake up back at your home lol.

Dontero

Banned
What is Animal Crossing even about? Like what kind of game is it? I literally have done zero research. 🤔

Imagine for a second that you play Harvest Moon talk to everyone in city once, manage your crops for a day and then you need to wait for real world next day because game does not allow you to sleep or skip to next day.
So after about 10-15 minutes you run out of worthwhile things to do and that is it.

Always liked concept of it but not allowing people to play game is pure wankery that brings nothing to game.
IMHO it is deliberate thing to sparse out content which every Animal Crossing lacks.

Essentially it is Tamaguchi but with small city instead of some animal.

Which is why i will be playing it on Emuator instead of real hardware. On Emulator you can easily use cheat that will allow you to skip days without issue and actually play damn game.

Last edited:

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
For Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I was a part of a Skype-based NeoGAF community. Does one still exist as I'll happily join to make new friends and reconnect with the OGs? :D

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I am a bit underwhelmed by this iteration of the game.

It feels like the series is having a console spinoff more than a new main line entry. They are adding some new features and a fresh coat of paint, but I expected something to be a much bigger and deeper evolution of Animal Crossing on GCN and 3DS... now we have one focused on camping and another on camping but in a remote island... feels like missing on houses, decoration and furniture, museums, etc... then again you see some of that in the trailer and I think “on a remote island?”... :/...

Last edited:

McCheese

Hope they back down and give it cloud save support. I pour so much time into these sort of games and I really don't give a shit if people save scum for extra bells.

Mozza

I think Nintendo are teasing us a bit here, and I have seen houses on both the reveal and yesterday's direct, I think at the beginning of the game everything will be tents, then as the game goes on we will get houses/buildings, and even Islands could have houses/buildings, they may go with more wooden type structures.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I think Nintendo are teasing us a bit here, and I have seen houses on both the reveal and yesterday's direct, I think at the beginning of the game everything will be tents, then as the game goes on we will get houses/buildings, and even Islands remote or nor, could have houses/buildings, they may go with more wooden type buildings.

The first reveal of the game made it look like an expansion. I expected a bigger and deeper AC, but it felt a bit closer to the mobile game instead. Glad to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom