• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Official Sanrio Trailer (Hello Kitty, Keroppi, Cinnamoroll)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Nearly a year after its initial launch, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is about to welcome six new residents into the game -- and they're all themed around Hello Kitty and her Sanrio pals.

Impotaku

I wasn't expecting this.

Is hello kitty a big thing in Japan?
lol err just a bit, there's even a damn theme park for sanrio characters.

Will be fun to try the cards out properly as at the moment they only unlocked posters, will be nice for them to unlock everything they were meant to do. Now if only we could get the 7-11 stuff.

sn0man

3745774.jpg

carlosrox

Banned
Love when Japan is proud.

Nintendo is damn good at that.

Mario at the closing ceremony of the Olympics was crazy/cool as hell.

Hello Kitty was there and Doraemon as well!

Goemon plz!!!

One of the best soundtracks of all time. It's unheard of. Goemon playable in Smash needs to happen.

Goemon 4k on Switch k thanks Nintendo!!!

Last edited:

Bluecondor

Ya - it is pretty sparse in Animal Crossing in April. Given that this is 1.9, I'm holding out hope that the 2.0 version will have some gameplay additions. I would just like to see some new milestones added to fishing, bug-catching and deep sea critters, and maybe some new and interesting things to build with the millions of bells that we have sitting in our bank accounts.

I have always wondered why we get so many different types of flooring and wall papers when our only option for using them is a 6 room house. It would be nice to see some sort of new building that we could customize with all of these wall papers and floors.

And, the data mining that shows that farming and cooking might be in the game also sounds promising. Being able to invite our villagers to our houses and cook for them would be pretty fun. I would definitely take that through its paces a few times.

The game has gotten absolutely stale by now (IMO). By now we should've had The Roost, Gardening, Cooking, Gyroids and tons of new furniture series to make the experience better. Working from home really hit Nintendo hard, didn't it?

I have no idea how my mum manages to play over 1 hour everyday without fail (and she claims she's far from bored from it yet!)

Bluecondor

The game has gotten absolutely stale by now (IMO). By now we should've had The Roost, Gardening, Cooking, Gyroids and tons of new furniture series to make the experience better. Working from home really hit Nintendo hard, didn't it?

I have no idea how my mum manages to play over 1 hour everyday without fail (and she claims she's far from bored from it yet!)

Ya today was unfortunately the best example of your point. It is Bunny Day today, and it is literally the exact same event as last year's Bunny Day - with the exception being that we only had to endure 7 days of eggs instead of 12 like last year. It is going to be underwhelming if every holiday and event is the exact same as last year. The April fishing tournament is next Saturday and I am not holding out any hope that there will be anything new or interesting (why not add an event or two - like making it a big deal if you catch an oarfish or something like that?).

I love the game and still have some optimism about it because they are at least still making regular cosmetic updates, and maybe a more substantive 2.0 update?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
hello kitty is chinese propaganda to turn your daughters into sluts the second they turn 18

don't drink tapwater!

Last edited:
Top Bottom