• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

mcjmetroid

I'm really enjoying my time with this game and haven't time traveled and don't plan to...but man...nintendo really dropped the ball with some quality of life stuff, just to name a few off the top of my head:

-Allow us to craft using items in our storage in our house
-Let us pick up multiple items at once, especially wood
-Include some sort of life bar for the tools so we know when they're about to break
-Let us craft multiple of the same items at once
-Automatically use the ladder/pole vault instead of having to take it out each time

I feel like those 5 alone would be complete game changers
Biggest one there is the ladder and pole vault. I wouldn't mind but the 3 item menus aren't great.

I don't understand the dpad left and right one at all. It seems to cycle through all your unable items instead of the ones you have selected as favourites.

I never need the slingshot as a quick item for instance.

I would have the right direction to cycle through your items and the left to select your previous item held.
So for instance if you needed the ladder and pole vault I can go between both without having to bring up the wheel.

Mista

Banned
I think what I am doing is obvious :messenger_sunglasses:

EUEvrtj-UUAIjyn-M.jpg

Mista

Banned
What is the importance of fruit?
I see so many posts about it! I know you can eat it but what does collecting different kinds do?
Nothing much other than having them all. Also they sell higher than your native fruits and of course you can help your mates by giving them what they don’t have

Last edited:

Meesh

I think this is by far my favourite Animal Crossing, I enjoy how the game progresses and it doesn't feel like too much of a chore thanks in part to the little Nook point achievements.

We got crafting, customizing and creating. It's just about perfection! 👍 Well worth the wait.

tylerf

I wouldn't be so annoyed at never finding a Blue Marlin if the process of collecting clams and crafting bait wasn't so painful.

Linius

On the other hand you can also think the other way around, in previous entries in the series there was no fish bait. And you still had to find all these fish. If you're up to it they brought you a new tool to speed up the fishing process but it needs some prep work.

8yCp2KE.jpg

First hybrid I was able to breed in New Horizons.

m9Ec8ru.jpg

Just calling out how lazy Gulliver is, he was basically standing on this part. Get a grip Gulliver, stop drinking.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I've got $150k in bells sitting in my inventory until residents services comes back online.

I've only got the golden trout left to get for fish this month. I did get the 100 fish caught in a row award.
How are you ahead? Just today got the word from Nook about the residential constructions

Linius

He's not ahead man, he's behind if anything. I'm in Europe and bought the game digitally. So I booted it up the first time at midnight when it released. So in my game thursday was day 1. I managed to pay Nook his 5000 miles well before 5am (that's when a new day starts) so I would have the house the next day. So basically release day was day 2 for me already. And if you keep doing everything that's possible on each day Residential Services would have been opened yesterday. I'm basically on day 9 right now. Oh and an interesting side fact. I know over here in The Netherlands one gamestore started selling New Horizons on wednesday already (physical copies) because they were gonna close their stores on the day before release day due to Corona. So some people are already on day 10 without messing with time.

But then again, there's no ahead or behind in this game. Everyone should play it as they please at their own pace. I've seen some people rocking their tent on day 5. Whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

Kacho

I forgot how much I love the slow unraveling of new stuff. Each day you’re greeted with something different and it helps keep the game interesting over a long period of time.

Last edited:

drganon

I developed a new way to catch fish. I throw the rod, close my eyes, and wait to hear the *blop* sound

Made it much easier for me since I tend to get outplayed by the fish

xBnzlmnrLcJZqBgzQD3Emu7G3XTG3D_NrZp7mQRgQ8M.jpg
That's the same technique I use. Started with new leaf when I was having a hard time catching rare fish on the island.

Terce

Does anyone have a real list of what fish and bugs are going to be gone at the end of the month? I've looked through the links in this thread along with some of the images posted but I'm stuck trying to figure out what I'm actually missing.

Mista

Banned
Does anyone have a real list of what fish and bugs are going to be gone at the end of the month? I've looked through the links in this thread along with some of the images posted but I'm stuck trying to figure out what I'm actually missing.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
How are you ahead? Just today got the word from Nook about the residential constructions

I forget exactly what prompted it, but I recall you being 1 day behind on getting the 3 residents build request from me. I think that was the only thing that separated us. No clue on what the triggers for it were. I paid off my mortgages each day until this most recent one.

So I am a switch noob. Switch Lite specifically. Is there an easy way to upload my screenshots without facebook or twitter?

You should be able to connect the USB-C slot to your PC and browse that way, IIRC.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I forget exactly what prompted it, but I recall you being 1 day behind on getting the 3 residents build request from me. I think that was the only thing that separated us. No clue on what the triggers for it were. I paid off my mortgages each day until this most recent one.
Thank you. Did you catch the damn Gold Trout?

Shantae

Banned
EUI3l6_U8AAwqlP

I know I've seen this character before in previous games at some point, but man lol I never noticed that this Octopus is made up just like some takoyaki. That's kinda messed up, haha.

I haven't had takoyaki in years, I really want some...Sorry Zucker, gonna have to eat you up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom