• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

Impotaku

finally playing without time travel and almost slept through bunny day not waking up until afternoon I was building up my island

NReZMNF.jpg

animals don't hop these but at least they do fish a lot here
tkzJP0s.jpg

making mountain shrines and hot spring baths
7gaEpFq.jpg

I did not think I would get one of these
Nehbioy.jpg

I don't really have time to collect eggs today I have the west side of my town to build up today

That town looks awesome i have yet to try terraforming besides a few cliff tweaks to add ramps, funnily enough it wont be long before thats the retail cost of a real switch with the covid scalpers ruining the switch hardware market the prices at the moment are shocking.

MastAndo

Gold Member
So I purchased this on a whim a couple of days ago, looking to get lost in something to help pass the time, despite not being sure if it's my type of game...and yep, I'm having a pretty good time with it. It's so damn charming, and stress-free - it's just so perfect for right now.

That said, I was just starting to get hooked on the insect/fish collecting part of it to build up my museum, only to find that all I'm catching right now are eggs. Admittedly, I only played for 20 minutes or so just now but I have to say, I don't...care for all this bunny stuff? Do I have to wait until the event is over to get back to the flow that I was enjoying?

Impotaku

So I purchased this on a whim a couple of days ago, looking to get lost in something to help pass the time, despite not being sure if it's my type of game...and yep, I'm having a pretty good time with it. It's so damn charming, and stress-free - it's just so perfect for right now.

That said, I was just starting to get hooked on the insect/fish collecting part of it to build up my museum, only to find that all I'm catching right now are eggs. Admittedly, I only played for 20 minutes or so just now but I have to say, I don't...care for all this bunny stuff? Do I have to wait until the event is over to get back to the flow that I was enjoying?

Pretty much, so there's 2 options you can just wait it out till after the 12th ends or you can jump forward by changing your switches system clock to after the 12th and then keep playing and then when the 12th in the real world has come & gone resync it back to the correct date.

Thurible

Still haven't obtained anything. Will let you know if I got something
Thank you! It's just a little annoying that I'm not finding non-dess clothes :(

I'm liking the "bunny day" easter stuff so far, but I do not like the high presence of water eggs while fishing, it becomes harder to find normal fish at times.

Also I find Zipper to be kind of creepy. He looks more like a five nights at Freddy's character than an animal crossing one. I also realized that he has a zipper on his back (hence the name) and he is sensitive on the issue of costumes. He is not a rabbit, but someone (or something) in a rabbit costume. What the heck is he, where does he come from, and why does he do what he does (hide eggs everywhere)?!? I think he could be some kind of monster.
dNma2e9.jpg

On a lighter note, I found Dory on my friend's island while he found Nemo, which I thought was pretty cool!
45IdmrV.jpg

DeaDPo0L84

Is there a community board for post concerning what each others shops are selling in order to find items? I try to ask the friends I play with personally but they end up getting busy, not responding, so then I potentially miss out on some cool items.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Only 6 fish & bugs to complete the museum with those available.

This event definitely makes farming for bugs and fish annoying.

Linius

I can see why people do it. Some people don't really enjoy the grind and the constant waiting on things to unlock. They know the potential of the game and they wanna build their town and house the best way they can without waiting several months for all the tools to unlock. Even if that's just your thing you can still put in a shitton of hours.

As someone who doesn't time travel at all (like most in this thread I'm assuming) I'm sure I'm gonna bump into 'problems' once I got more tools to make my town. I fear I'm gonna have to pay a lot of bells to move a lot of building to the right spots later on. But it's something to look forward to. Today Marshal moved to my island, really happy with that. And I also unlocked the town rating with Isabelle. So now I can actually start working towards that 5 star rating. For now the goal is to attract more villagers so I'm doing a lot of island hopping just for villagers.

Collete

Happy birthday, Mista!

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between small spike and large spike on turnip selling? I have a turnip price at the moment of 280(? have to check later for exact number but its around that) but I can't tell if this is a small spike or large that I should wait till tomorrow.

Linius

Happy birthday, Mista!

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between small spike and large spike on turnip selling? I have a turnip price at the moment of 280(? have to check later for exact number but its around that) but I can't tell if this is a small spike or large that I should wait till tomorrow.

In New Leaf the difference was that a big spike occured after three increases of the price. A small spike occured after four increases of the price. So basically if you had an increase twice in a row and the third one wasn't that good you might be on to a big spike. But it's always a bit of a gamble of course.

As far as I know there aren't any definite theories to New Horizons yet when it comes to patterns.

Collete

Hm, I see, I think I'll sell 1/3 of my turnip stock today and wait for the rest tomorrow and see how it goes.

But yeah, I don't mind if any of you guys come to town if y'all want to sell!

Turnip Price: 290

PM and we'll exchange friend codes!

Tipping is optional, but I would appreciate some Nook Mile Tickets if anyone is willing to give :)

Collete

Also, does anyone have a bamboo shelf? Dang Nook Miles phone made me sell a hot item, and I don't have the recipe for the shelf. I'm willing to pay 10k to get rid of this dumb shelf miles

Mista

Banned
Happy Bday Mista Mista !!.. Wishing you a day filled with Animal happiness and a year filled with Joy-Cons...XD
Cool Happy Birtday
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday, Mista!

Happy Birthday our turnip king Mista Mista !
Happy birthday Mista! God bless ya and may you have fun and good health!
Hey hey heeeey! Thank you my animal crossing family. I appreciate you, thank you all :messenger_heart:

Collete

Two things I want for my end game

Roses to plant. And little cub Judy

they need to create an amiibo card for Judy.

I've been island hopping a lot, if I find her, I'll let you know

If you spot Julian, Reneigh, Kabuki to name a few, give me a shout :D

Edit: This gave me an idea, since a lot of us are probably going to be looking for villagers, how about we have a spread sheet for who wants what so we don't accidentally pass a potential dreamie of someone's?

Last edited:

Collete

I feel dead inside....

I'm so stressed about the empty plot being filled by a rando, that I've been literal island hopping for 7 hours. For a game that's supposed to be relaxing and choosing who your villagers are, why can't we decide WHEN someone moves in rather than an RNG chance that some rando might fill a plot tomorrow?

...In the end I went with Tipper (because I already have two cows on my island by chance)
I don't know what compelled me to skip Merengue and Marina in the beginning of my day

Impotaku

I feel dead inside....

I'm so stressed about the empty plot being filled by a rando, that I've been literal island hopping for 7 hours. For a game that's supposed to be relaxing and choosing who your villagers are, why can't we decide WHEN someone moves in rather than an RNG chance that some rando might fill a plot tomorrow?

...In the end I went with Tipper (because I already have two cows on my island by chance)
I don't know what compelled me to skip Merengue and Marina in the beginning of my day

i waited till i filled my whole town with 10 then broke out the happy home designer amiibo cards and started evicting the unwanteds one at a time plus i was sick of seeing pietro the dumb ass clown sheep, i wanted marina,zucker,beardo,kabuki & coco. I'm so glad they used these cards in this game as they were a hell of a costly thing just for happy home designer. if you really want certain characters have a look on ebay for the villagers you want and just buy a few cards that way you can add in your faves.

Kacho

Gold Member
That lizard guy who buys bugs - how long does he stick around? I was hoping to sell more bugs for a high price but he ghosted. :messenger_weary:

I've been island hopping a lot, if I find her, I'll let you know

If you spot Julian, Reneigh, Kabuki to name a few, give me a shout :D

Edit: This gave me an idea, since a lot of us are probably going to be looking for villagers, how about we have a spread sheet for who wants what so we don't accidentally pass a potential dreamie of someone's?

I am willing to pass him over to your island he has been here a long time during my 180 hours

K10G6Ee.jpg

Top Bottom