• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

So Redds ship stop in for me...but all four art pieces are fakes. Least from what I can tell..anyone else had this happen? I thought one of them always had to be real.

there is so much time traveller hate out there but this game trolls you so much and waste your whole time, time travel fixes these evil shits

Yes Redd is Redd you might find all fakes one day he visits pretty shitty
I was thinking at least just one too I have not run into all fakes yet but other people are saying it

nah you are supposed to play the game little by little(like a few mins) every other day instead of time travel cheating. don't ruin the game

don't make this your religion there are many ways to enjoy the game you paid for it enjoy it your way don't make rules for others

I'm over 400 hours on one account running 2 others little by little do your thing

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

there is so much time traveller hate out there but this game trolls you so much and waste your whole time, time travel fixes these evil shits

Yes Redd is Redd you might find all fakes one day he visits pretty shitty
I was thinking at least just one too I have not run into all fakes yet but other people are saying it

thank you for information!

I am not looking forward to the time when I have a few paintings left for the Gallery because it will take ages to hunt down the last piece of art

make friends with your villagers and send them post cards with presents. I got sent real art by one of my villagers

alf717

Bunnie, Bree, Lucky, Merry, and Wade because they are most amusing and adorable

Wade is great. Although I woke him the other day and it made me sad because he sounded like he was talking to his deceased grandmother. I never bother him now when he is sleeping.

Rock-Head is too hard

Its the lips

BTW if I haven't said it yet thanks for all the help you posted earlier. Your knowledge helped me learn more about how certain mechanics worked in this game. I'm working hard to setup hybrid flowers to get that 5 star rating.

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
I had 2 vacant spots and didn’t bother to hop islands in search for new animals, now my island is pestered by horses, first Savannah now Roscoe, in addition to Cleo.

They didn’t even go by the camping first ffs. Also got 2 squirrels, Blaire and Hazel. So 5 out of 9 are horses and squirrels. I hate this.

At least got Roald and Hamlet.

Something about the Villagers checking out the paintings make the space even better now I can't stop grinding for more paintings for them but this is taking a long long time.

I had 2 vacant spots and didn’t bother to hop islands in search for new animals, now my island is pestered by horses, first Savannah now Roscoe, in addition to Cleo.

They didn’t even go by the camping first ffs. Also got 2 squirrels, Blaire and Hazel. So 5 out of 9 are horses and squirrels. I hate this.

At least got Roald and Hamlet.

I heard when they skip the campsite they come from your friends list or people you visited in the past that those creatures moved out from.

Reactions: jts

gela94

Have you played a AC game before, if so are there any villagers that you liked in the previous games?

If you have not played a AC game before are there any certain animals you like?
I played new leaf a bit but not enough that I got favorites. I like cats and hamsters :messenger_beaming:

Damn. Makes sense, no one likes horses.

I just think the horses are poorly designed out of all quadrupeds the horses look the silliest on 2 legs. Or maybe we are not use to seeing horses on 2 legs in cartoons like the other animals. The nose and heads are not cute at all.

I don't like Apes, Monkeys, Lions, Rhinos, Hippos, Gators, Cows, I'm very limited right now to who I can have on my island. One space just opened up after grinding for art too tired to island hop and ran out of Nook Miles anyway. I did not like hearing that those that sneak in come from your friend's rejects lol.

I just recently made an exception for Marina a pink octopus she is just alien looking enough not to piss me off she is not as cute as THE Marina in Splatoon 2 but not much can be done there.

I can't just have cats, dogs, hamsters, and squirrels, I want to have the pocka dot twin rabbits, I have the blue one I need the pink one next.

-Jing-

Neo Member
Gotta say, the upgraded nooks cranny is awesome. First day they're open they got a cool couch and this LCD TV. The couch was over 4 grand, but that tv was almost 100! The bells I spent could've been towards my loan or the ramp I'm trying to build, but that tv was just too cool to pass up.
Bruh lemme get that tv I'll pay you for it. I'm stuck with the boring apple tv.

got rid of all my unwanted animals but my end game is 4-6 favorites I want to live on the island I'll need to give Xenoblade all my attention soon so only have a few weeks to find them

Moogle11

Banned
nah you are supposed to play the game little by little(like a few mins) every other day instead of time travel cheating. don't ruin the game

Nah, people can play however they enjoy it most. This isn’t some competitive game we’re cheating ruins it for others.

That said, I’m with you on how I enjoy the game. I like playing AC games an hour or so several days a week for a year or more. It’s a relaxing break most days and I don’t care about min maxing expanding my house etc. Hell, I rarely bother with turnips as I don’t like hassling with checking prices twice a day, using the sites to predict trend, or going online and waiting in queues to get into others’ islands with a high price.

But again, I have zero issues with people who want to min max, time travel etc. Some just enjoy the customizing of the house and island/town part of the game and not the slow grind. And that’s fine by me.

rykomatsu

JLeGAfU.jpg

This video fucked me up. Just spent like an hour redoing my main room layout. It looks much better now.

I need more actual "stuff" before I can start kitting out my house. That video was great though, the idea behind using rugs as "dividers" is a neat one and one I have certainly now incorporated into my home design!

Thank you for the video

jts

...hate me...
Ok so there’s someone at my campsite (haven’t checked who yet). My island has 9 houses, all taken.

If I like the camping villager, is there anyway I can mess this up and it will say it can’t move because there’s no space? Should I go buy the 10th lot from Nook first?

I honestly don’t 100% understand these mechanics yet.

this seems like it should be a SPOILER about paintings. I don't like this kind of stuff I am an artist but I am not into creepy stuff

Ok so there’s someone at my campsite (haven’t checked who yet). My island has 9 houses, all taken.

If I like the camping villager, is there anyway I can mess this up and it will say it can’t move because there’s no space? Should I go buy the 10th lot from Nook first?

did you watch the campsite video I shared above on this page?

to answer your question sure you could go spend the money on your final space or the campsite visitor might ask to move out one of you current 9 to replace them

there are many tricks to the campsite that is why I shared the video about it but they are rare visits so unless you are into kicking out villagers not a big deal if you miss out on a visitor

Gorki247

No, you don't. If you the villager agrees to move in, they will go check with Residential Service and if there is no plot available, they will say so. You can then build the plot, and basically ask the villager to check again, and they will now be able to move in.

Impotaku

The remaining missing animal forest amiibo cards arrived today, now have a totally complete collection. 406 cards for the main happy home designer series (plus promos) and then these. This set is all the new leaf welcome+ amiibo plus the 7-11 sanrio set plus the stickers.
aVhaAdy.jpg

Can't wait to get Ketchup summoned into my town, need to decide who to boot out.

Anyone have any fridges or stoves they wouldn't mind selling? Paying a lot of Bells since I cant find them at all.

Fridge and Stoves have been limited for me as well found a double door Fridge in black I could use but I have a single door white that also comes in pink

my stove in Red everything in not where I want it does it have to take a year to find matching items lol

75osXn1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom