• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

alf717

Jan 11, 2010
Pennsylvania
Animal Crossing isn't made for us hard core 80's and 90's gamers. It was made for the casual normies of the new era who would find the idea of a fun and challenging event to be a choir to complete. I love Animal Crossing but it doesn't take me a long time to start feeling like I wish I could do more things. I want to be able to fly to an island where CJ and Flick are and I could commission either a fish or bug figure once a day or how about an island that is similar to the city in City Folk or the upper area of New Leaf. I am sitting on 10,000+ Nook Miles and have no use for them. Rando island gets boring fast and I only use them now to complete bug and fish lists. Harv is useless! Oh goody a wedding event is on the horizon. 💤 Even with all of these set backs the game is still fun to come back to each day but I'm not in the camp that feels like this should be a fifteen minute daily game. Maybe it is just the way I play the game but I feel rushed even with all of these minimal mechanics because if you miss something its gone sometimes for up to a year. Sure I could time travel but the norm towards that is usually viewed as cheating. If there was only more to do and less to wait on maybe people would do that less often if at all.

Anyway in AC news I got Iggly's photo today that made me very happy. 😄

TNT Sheep

Neo Member
May 8, 2020
Animal Crossing isn't made for us hard core 80's and 90's gamers. It was made for the casual normies of the new era who would find the idea of a fun and challenging event to be a choir to complete. I love Animal Crossing but it doesn't take me a long time to start feeling like I wish I could do more things. I want to be able to fly to an island where CJ and Flick are and I could commission either a fish or bug figure once a day or how about an island that is similar to the city in City Folk or the upper area of New Leaf. I am sitting on 10,000+ Nook Miles and have no use for them. Rando island gets boring fast and I only use them now to complete bug and fish lists. Harv is useless! Oh goody a wedding event is on the horizon. 💤 Even with all of these set backs the game is still fun to come back to each day but I'm not in the camp that feels like this should be a fifteen minute daily game. Maybe it is just the way I play the game but I feel rushed even with all of these minimal mechanics because if you miss something its gone sometimes for up to a year. Sure I could time travel but the norm towards that is usually viewed as cheating. If there was only more to do and less to wait on maybe people would do that less often if at all.

Anyway in AC news I got Iggly's photo today that made me very happy. 😄
Certainly. Over the last few weeks it sadly did become a 15 min lunch break game for me. But I am happy with the amount of fun and hours I can squeeze out of it, and I still have a lot of work to do on the island itself, since I only have 4 stars. In terms of feeling rushed, you can also look at it in another way. If you miss something, you have a reason to come back later.

I have yet to obtain a photo, but I am aiming for Stella's photo. Who would have thought, a sheep villager being my best friend :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

Reactions: alf717

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Last edited:
Reactions: alf717

Eevee86

Jan 15, 2020
Certainly. Over the last few weeks it sadly did become a 15 min lunch break game for me. But I am happy with the amount of fun and hours I can squeeze out of it, and I still have a lot of work to do on the island itself, since I only have 4 stars. In terms of feeling rushed, you can also look at it in another way. If you miss something, you have a reason to come back later.

I have yet to obtain a photo, but I am aiming for Stella's photo. Who would have thought, a sheep villager being my best friend :messenger_tears_of_joy:.
I got my first photo today from Aurora, right after she decided to leave. She was like my 7th villager and I haven't seen any of the others. It's only a 10% chance at max friendship level, supposedly.

TNT Sheep

Neo Member
May 8, 2020
I got my first photo today from Aurora, right after she decided to leave. She was like my 7th villager and I haven't seen any of the others. It's only a 10% chance at max friendship level, supposedly.
Interesting. So even with max friendship villagers might want to leave? Or is it still possible to obtain a photo at lower friendship levels, but with a reduced chance.

Sp3eD

Jun 6, 2004
Closed at 9:15. Nobody really wanted to come. I felt like that nerdy fat kid that gets no friends at thier birthday party, you know the ones like where mom and dad try their best to make sure everything is ok by giving you more ice cream to eat alone But you know deep down that you will eventually turn to alcohol and drugs in your 20’s to make the childhood pain and memories go away...

Yeah, That feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: womp

Sp3eD

Jun 6, 2004
You were the first person to come in almost an hour.

Is this Game dead here or something?

Last edited:

njean777

Mar 12, 2009

I don't think so, but it is a weeknight and maybe people have already made their money? IDK I see the thread on the front page regularly.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Sp3eD

womp

Jun 3, 2006

I already sold my turnips for the week but thanks for allowing me to grab a DIY from Celeste.

You are quite the musician too! 😀

• Love
Reactions: Sp3eD

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Oct 25, 2017

I would have jumped at your offer but I sold mine a couple of hours before you posted. Typical. Appreciate the offer though.

alf717

Jan 11, 2010
Pennsylvania
I'm always amazed at how well people have crafted their islands. I've been to two islands now that have just wowed me and make me feel like my island stinks. :messenger_tears_of_joy: I wish I could get these creative juices flowing.

Mozza

Jun 1, 2018
Finally got my town evaluation up to 3 stars.
I think the more variety of flowers and trees you have help your status, my sister had a 5 star island in no time at all, loads of flowers on her Island, I am stuck at 4 stars, but just do not wan't to ad more flowers, happy with my Island though.

Impotaku

Jul 26, 2014
Leeds / UK
My secret beach area is at least 90% done i now have a path that cuts through the cliffs with steps leading to houses and the hidden museum.

How do you hide the museum you might wonder? well i had a great idea to make it so the musueum sits in the bottom of a crater and the cliffs are built up around it to hide it from view you get access to it by the entrance from the secret beach path. Waterfalls and flowers everywhere, one of my better ideas if i say so myself and the hyacinth lamps make it look wonderful at night.

Reactions: BorntoPlay

kevm3

Jun 12, 2004
I bought the game and am trying to like it, but I really wonder if this wasn't made by Nintendo, would it be hyped as it is?
Dragon Quest Builders 2 is 20 times as fun to me, but maybe I'm not doing something right.

njean777

Mar 12, 2009
Anybody have any turnip prices that are above 100 today? I took a chance and didn't sell mine at 201 and now they are down to 37 per turnip /cry

bender

Apr 12, 2010
Anybody have any turnip prices that are above 100 today? I took a chance and didn't sell mine at 201 and now they are down to 37 per turnip /cry
40 bells here. Have you tried turnip exchange?

Finished the fossil section of my Museum today. K.K. Slider is coming tomorrow (hello terraforming).

Also, Stamp Rally!

• LOL
  • Triggered
Reactions: zombrex and Stitch

BouncyFrag

Feb 10, 2014
I’m down to needing only one remaining fossil piece. I embrace my rng overlords tho as it keeps me coming back to AC if only for a brief session each day.

Last edited:

Impotaku

Jul 26, 2014
Leeds / UK
Finally the wedding day event is here i have a month of making them both endure inappropriate warped photo shoots LOOL

Wedding day squits

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019
Back to this after a mega-burnout at launch (when you put fifty hours into a game in 10 days...).

Lovely to walk under the night sky, enjoy the atmosphere, and just take care of a bunch of outstanding things at my own pace. : )

As a result, I finally have the place and furnish two houses quest done, and I think they should be here tomorrow? Likewise, I get to see the new Nook Store, which will be awesome.

jigglet

May 18, 2020
Hi, are we allowed to trade here? I went to the Reddit sub but they are all demanding NMT's. Screw that, I just want to do straight up trading, item for item. Keep things simple.

boo

Jun 8, 2004
Oslo, Norway
I saw an article here in Norway about Animal Crossing and the Norwegian National Museum today.

You can download QR-codes and get free paintings and other artworks, many world famous.

Here is a link to the Norwegian National Museum.

They will update with more later on. The plan is to make available 44000 artworks.

Last edited: