• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

Moogle11

Banned
Feb 7, 2020
I had K.K. Slider visit and got the credits the other day. Was surprised as I hadn't talked to Isabelle in a while and thought you had to hit 5 star island to get that, not 3 star so figured I was a ways away.

So I have all the terraforming stuff unlocked now, but haven't messed with it yet. I'm mostly just still doing the daily "chores" to relax and make some bells and trying to sell an inventory of turnips each week to accrue bells for decorating my house (focused on paying off all the upgrades first, which I finished the other day as well). Turnips.exchange has been great for me for that. I'm not min-maxing so I usually ignore the 500-600 bell people as they tend to have super long waits, but I can usually sell for 400 something pretty quickly. Last week I had 485 on my Island and just sold there and then hosted for a couple hours and got another 2 million in donations.

It's just such a relaxing, chill game to play a bit daily during these crazy times. I can see myself still playing this next year as I'm being pretty casual about the fish and bugs for the museum. I'll probably just keep doing that and then next year see what I'm missing each season/month and focus on filling it out then.

Reactions: -Arcadia-

carlosrox

May 19, 2020
How easy is it to cheat in this game?

What's the most bells someone has?

I got a really good nip turnout yesterday. I was at 560 bells per nip and made a couple million bucks!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Oregon
How easy is it to cheat in this game?

What's the most bells someone has?

I got a really good nip turnout yesterday. I was at 560 bells per nip and made a couple million bucks!
If you have a homebrew enabled Switch it's incredibly easy to cheat - you can literally just edit the number of bells in your bank account or give yourself an inventory full of crowns.

I've personally not done this though - the most I've "cheated" was installing the turnip app that tells you what the prices are going to be on your island throughout the week.

carlosrox

May 19, 2020
i have almost 30 millions bells, hunting tarantulas and selling turnips on the market.... without time traveling of course...
That's the largest number I've heard yet! Someone I know on discord/here has 20 million and I'm currently at 6.

Huge jump for me though as previously I had only a million, and before that I spent tons of money only to get spoiled turnips.
So it feels good to finally have a few million in the bank.

Uusis

Neo Member
May 7, 2020
I paid my loan last month, so im debt free! Only have 1 million bells but that's more than enough for couple of months. Also I finally received my Rasher amiibo-card from ebay couple of weeks ago and loving having him on my island once more (Had him from day 1 on 3DS AC). Rasher is my favourite pal. Also I didn't remember that I had 3 amiibo cards from Wii U game (with 3 amiibos too) and one of those cards was Stitches. Lovely baby bear and awesome character too.

My island still evolves with my mood. Going with natural feeling and just having fun with new desinger app. I can see myself playing this years!

Lrnex

Dec 24, 2019
I wanna return to my island after over a month away but I’m sorta afraid of what I’ll find. Does anyone know if villagers will leave without warning after long periods of inactivity like in New Leaf?

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
Finally paid off the loan for my houses third room expansion. Will be getting the final first floor expansion tomorrow.

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Picked up a copy for the Mrs - managed to get a physical copy below RRP which I class as an actual modern day miracle. We'll see if she likes it.

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
So I got it for my wife but ended up playing it quite a bit myself, only to find out that as we share a save, I don't get to actually progress the game at all. That's some absolute bullshit right there. Not happy.

Reactions: hrab

Halo is Dead

May 20, 2018
So I got it for my wife but ended up playing it quite a bit myself, only to find out that as we share a save, I don't get to actually progress the game at all. That's some absolute bullshit right there. Not happy.
What do you mean you don't get to progress? Did you make your own account on the switch? You can have more then one house on the island

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
What do you mean you don't get to progress? Did you make your own account on the switch? You can have more then one house on the island
Yep, I have my own house, but all of the story stuff is unavailable to me, I couldn't get an axe til my wife had got the museum in place, etc. It's a pain in the arse. And yes we have separate accounts on the switch etc.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Halo is Dead