• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

T-Square

Very productive morning so far.I’ve played less than 20 minutes today.
The Museum opened.
Paid off my house.
Donated the final 2 iron nuggets to complete the residents service area expansion.
Found 15,000 bells in a rock.
Found 15,000 bells in the ground.
Shot 25,000 bells out of the sky.
Went to a mystery island picked all the fruit and met Nate.
Invited Nate to live on my island.We also discussed pasgetti.
Sold the mystery island fruit for 30,000 bells.
So you got something different than your native fruit?

pulga

Banned
Turnips are going for 103 at my town right now, anyone got better prices?

Bought a bunch of turnips for 94 bells each. I'll be happy to make any profit off them.

Also, there's a lot more to do on day 3 than the first couple of days. Now I can access more of my island and I'm also crafting stuff to furnish homes.
Can I come over? E ebevan91

Last edited:

Onikaan

Uhhhh. Help.

I was on a friend's island, hit a rock with my shovel and the rock exploded...

I feel awful. Since when did that happen?? Have I damned her ability to collect ore etc?

Uhhhh. Help.

I was on a friend's island, hit a rock with my shovel and the rock exploded...

I feel awful. Since when did that happen?? Have I damned her ability to collect ore etc?
Rocks spawn occasionally. I don’t know the rules behind it, but I broke all my rocks and they’re slowing popping back up. Also, when you eat fruit, you can break rocks and dig up whole trees. The number of fruit you eat determines how many times you can smash a rock or pick up and move a whole tree.

Last edited:

Onikaan

Rocks spawn occasionally. I don’t know the rules behind it, but I broke all my rocks and they’re slowing popping back up. Also, when you eat fruit, you can break rocks and dig up whole trees. The number of fruit you eat determines how many times you can smash a rock or pick up and move a whole tree.

Thank you!

Thurible

Blathers finally arrived and took some of my stuff, but unfortunately he won't take everything till he opens the museum (which I assume is tommorrow). Mista Mista 's tip on inventory expansion really helped as well, I am a bit of a hoarder and collector who doesn't like getting rid of stuff when I don't know what it can be used for. I also now have coconuts and apples after the package from the mail and taking a mystery island trip.

Biggest hurdle right now probably is getting enough iron nuggets for the shop. I only have 12 but they need 30 to get it to work. Most of my island is open except for the area above the cliff face and I used all the resources in my rocks and destroyed them. Does anyone know how you can get a recipe for a ladder or where to find more iron nuggets?

pulga

Banned
Blathers finally arrived and took some of my stuff, but unfortunately he won't take everything till he opens the museum (which I assume is tommorrow). Mista Mista 's tip on inventory expansion really helped as well, I am a bit of a hoarder and collector who doesn't like getting rid of stuff when I don't know what it can be used for. I also now have coconuts and apples after the package from the mail and taking a mystery island trip.

Biggest hurdle right now probably is getting enough iron nuggets for the shop. I only have 12 but they need 30 to get it to work. Most of my island is open except for the area above the cliff face and I used all the resources in my rocks and destroyed them. Does anyone know how you can get a recipe for a ladder or where to find more iron nuggets?

Take a trip to one of the mystery islands or whatever theyre called. First trip is free, then on you'll need NookTickets from the ATM. Make sure to bring your tools along and as empty an inventory as you can!

Shantae

Banned
Has anyone had trouble with local play? I finally got a chance to play with my mom a bit, and since we were in the same room, we were doing local play. For some reason though, it kept disconnecting us. It didn't happen like nonstop, but it happened at least 3 times, where it just booted one of us from the other town because it lost connection, and we both lost some progress because of it. Really annoying, especially since we're in the same damn room.

cormack12

Gold Member
Has anyone had trouble with local play? I finally got a chance to play with my mom a bit, and since we were in the same room, we were doing local play. For some reason though, it kept disconnecting us. It didn't happen like nonstop, but it happened at least 3 times, where it just booted one of us from the other town because it lost connection, and we both lost some progress because of it. Really annoying, especially since we're in the same damn room.

Have you tried online play with a dodo code? Might be less flimsy

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Had to run few errands today. I seriously love being able to play on the TV or on the go.

I managed to get the next tier upgrade on my house (adding a back room, it sounds like). I had a request to build 3 homes and give each 6 DIY items. Got that taken care of. Met Harvey. I did meet the turnip lady but apparently she leaves during the day... I'm thinking like noon? So, I missed out on the turnips while they were 97 bells each.

Mista

Banned
Had to run few errands today. I seriously love being able to play on the TV or on the go.

I managed to get the next tier upgrade on my house (adding a back room, it sounds like). I had a request to build 3 homes and give each 6 DIY items. Got that taken care of. Met Harvey. I did meet the turnip lady but apparently she leaves during the day... I'm thinking like noon? So, I missed out on the turnips while they were 97 bells each.
I did the back room upgrade too and it’ll finish tomorrow. Didn’t get any request to build 3 houses though and no wonder why I missed the turnip lady

Well, see her next Sunday then...

cormack12

Gold Member
You're killing it Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage - might try and get the resources for the shop done tonight then thats this day gone.

I have cherries, peaches, coconuts, apples, oranges and pears. Is that the complete set? Or do bananas exist as well?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I did the back room upgrade too and it’ll finish tomorrow. Didn’t get any request to build 3 houses though and no wonder why I missed the turnip lady

Well, see her next Sunday then...

I met 3 people yesterday on the random islands you buy tickets for. I asked each if they wanted to move to my island so I presume it's housing for them.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
You're killing it Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage - might try and get the resources for the shop done tonight then thats this day gone.

I have cherries, peaches, coconuts, apples, oranges and pears. Is that the complete set? Or do bananas exist as well?

I have: apples, cherries, bamboo, coconut. From previous games I am aware of the oranges and peaches. I don't remember pears, so that's cool.

I did invite them too but didn’t read anywhere that I should do anything for them

Mine triggered a cutscene in the resident services tent w/ Tom Nook. Maybe it did not occur because the nook's cranny shop is not open? It also triggered building a bridge and unlocking the ladder.

Mista

Banned
Mine triggered a cutscene in the resident services tent w/ Tom Nook. Maybe it did not occur because the nook's cranny shop is not open? It also triggered building a bridge and unlocking the ladder.
Ah maybe thats why then. My Nook shop opens tomorrow

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I can't wait for it get dark in game. That's when you rake in the cash.

Though, after unlocking the ladder, I have been getting Orchid Mantises spawning like crazy on white mum flowers. They go 2,400 each. I've been keeping the Gamespot price lists open and just dump the low value bugs & fish.

ebevan91

Though, after unlocking the ladder, I have been getting Orchid Mantises spawning like crazy on white mum flowers. They go 2,400 each. I've been keeping the Gamespot price lists open and just dump the low value bugs & fish.

That’s what I do. Like with fish, I’ll fill my inventory, then toss the lowest value fish every time until I’m ready to head back. Eventually my lowest was 1000 bells.

Mista

Banned

Thank you for this!

cormack12

Gold Member
Well calling it a night now. A couple of evening pictures to see off the night fellow gaffers.

Hex177O.jpg

cm8zNFT.jpg

Shouta

I paid off my loan and now I just need to get more Iron Nuggets. I need to visit some of your islands. Can that be done via Dodo Code?

mcjmetroid

What a unique and fun experience this game getting it on launch. Almost everyone is at the same level here because you can't rush this game. It creates a very social experience.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
If you can get on an island that has a high spawn rate of a high value insect, you're golden. Just take laps around to get them to respawn.
Thank you for this!

No problem. If the guide is accurate the wife and have to get 7 fish types and 6 bug types for the current available species.
Fish we're missing: Stringfish, Ranchu Goldfish, Golden Trout, Coelacanth, Cherry Salmon, Char, Blue Marlin
Bugs missing: Ant, Fly, Migratory locust, Mole Cricket, Peacock Butterfly, Snail

One video I watched said the spam the fish bait in the proper conditions until you get your fish. I am going to put this to the test on the fish that go away at the end of the month.

It's emperor butterfly time. They go for $4k each. If you find an island that spawns them routinely, make sure you fill up your inventory.

Mista

Banned
No problem. If the guide is accurate the wife and have to get 7 fish types and 6 bug types for the current available species.
Fish we're missing: Stringfish, Ranchu Goldfish, Golden Trout, Coelacanth, Cherry Salmon, Char, Blue Marlin
Bugs missing: Ant, Fly, Migratory locust, Mole Cricket, Peacock Butterfly, Snail

One video I watched said the spam the fish bait in the proper conditions until you get your fish. I am going to put this to the test on the fish that go away at the end of the month.

It's emperor butterfly time. They go for $4k each. If you find an island that spawns them routinely, make sure you fill up your inventory.
I am farming Coelacanth since its raining currently in my island. Haven't met any of the rest though

I also farmed lots of Emperor Butterfly. Keep an eye out for Tarantulas, easy 8k

Will try the bait and hopefully I get a shark ;p

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
BTW, if you are not using holes when you are hitting rocks (farming for ore/gold/bells) use this type of approach to maximize your returns (8-9 items per rock):
AUCBUIM.png

X is where your player stands as they spam the shovel button.

Last edited:

bumpkin

My wife is lamenting the inability to put her house where she actually wanted it from the start. Does it become possible to move your house at any point?

Top Bottom