• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

JSoup

Banned
I can not, for the life of me, get the damn QR reader to recognize when I've got it pointed at a code. :/

Pumpkin Nutz

Neo Member
Just did the ghost spirit fetch quest.He gave me the option of getting something new or expensive.I picked new and he gave me a block of knives.

Now I’m sitting on the stool next to my house playing my ocarina at almost midnight.I’m a horrible neighbor.

-Arcadia-

Banned
O2e4IUS.jpg

:messenger_expressionless:

5oht4zd.jpg

ibIQVgS.jpg

Hoping this works out as well as I think it will, and the Palm Trees don’t get pinched into undergrowth. I love outdoor furniture so much. In a sense, the entire island becomes your house.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
O2e4IUS.jpg

5oht4zd.jpg

ibIQVgS.jpg

Hoping this works out as well as I think it will, and the Palm Trees don’t get pinched into undergrowth. I love outdoor furniture so much. In a sense, the entire island becomes your house.

I'm building a hobo camp right next to my house. The house is just storage, real home is outside by the river.

Collin

Banned
question for you guys:

My girlfriend and I share a switch. We both have a profile and Nintendo Online account on the switch. I started an island on Friday. On Saturday, she joined. We worked together on the our shared island and it was fun! In fact, she had so much fun that she just ordered her own switch and it’s coming on Tuesday. When we transfer her user account to the new switch, will she have to start her own island or will it be locked on my island on the new switch? She wants her own but I was unsure what would happen. And if she is locked to my island on the new switch and she decides to nuke the island, will it nuke it for me too? what’s gonna happen???

bender

What time is it?
Day four in the books and it was the most productive day yet. I woke up to the rain and ended up catching four of these monsters:

ETxjXTBU8AEZYlm

Completed tasks:

-Museum opened and donated a ton of accumulated fish, insects and fossils.
-Paid off my first home expansion, requested the second.
-Started the first project to build a bridge.
-Finally got a ladder so I was able to reach the higher parts of the island and de-weed them.
-Competed the placement and furniture requests for Nook's three home expansion.

Building furniture for that last bullet point, I ran out of stone so I decided to go to a random island to farm some resources. That damned pilot took me to Tarantula Island:

ETxjXTgU0AEsK_A

Sure I got bitten and knocked out half a dozen times or so (easy to do when 4 of those bastards clump up), but at least I made a cool 160,000 Bells.

Before wrapping things up, I ran into addict who invited me to his island:

ETxjXTDU8AAg-S8

He seemed kinda sketchy but it couldn't be any worse than Tarantula Island, right? Wrong. This mother fucker invited me into his house to take pictures.

ETxjXTNUUAAQrV1

I'd been poked enough for the day and peace'd out.

Day 3:

ETxjc71UcAAg15y

Day 2:

ETnm0l3VAAE2p3c

Day 1:

ETi7UVdU4AAdchK

The island:

ETi8kRsUMAQaef_

TheContact

Pro tip: if you get on tarantula island, dump whatever else you have in your inventory except one net and fill the rest with tarantulas. I was able to get 130K selling them all (except 1 for the museum)

I can't believe how deep this game already has its hooks in me. Dedicating today to furnishing my home as I've finally opened my shop and can now craft some more furniture.

I really like the crafting stuff in this. Makes everything truly feel earned having to graft for materials.

Shantae

Banned
I can't wait til I can move buildings around...I'm already really regretting putting all my villagers close together at the start, so now their houses block my house quite a bit.

cormack12

Gold Member
Feel like nothing to do today. Museum is under renovation, shook every tree and tried all my rocks. Still 13 iron short. No more nook miles for tickets, quiet day. Suggestions?

Jooxed

Gold Member
Feel like nothing to do today. Museum is under renovation, shook every tree and tried all my rocks. Still 13 iron short. No more nook miles for tickets, quiet day. Suggestions?

you can always farm nook+ miles for more tickets to farm

Mista

Banned
Grind materials because you’ll NEED plenty for later. Focus on wood, clay and other frequently used materials. You can also make money by fishing a lot and selling

Mista

Banned
So I plotted three houses and now working on their interior and exterior. This is going to be a lot of fun because there’s plenty to do today

After I finish I’m planning to visit deserted islands since i got around 10k nook miles

Also shop upgraded and museum finally is open

The satisfaction this game is giving is too much and I LOVE IT

Mista

Banned
I’m thinking of making the money glitch. Still hesitating but Tom Nook is a cunt

All my current money came from honest work but seems like I may need to do this money glitch before it gets patched

RaptorGTA

Was gonna say that this game must be doing extremely well. My entire friends list is playing this and word of mouth is extremely positive.

Same...everyone in my friends list is playing it..had to buy another copy for the kids and their switch.

StormCell

O2e4IUS.jpg

5oht4zd.jpg

ibIQVgS.jpg

Was that your original tent/cabin location or did you move? If it was, then you chose a really nice place. I'm kinda wishing I was on a different part of my island now.

cormack12

Gold Member
It costs 30k bells to move your house later in the game. Does anyone have any iron. Any old iron. Any any any old iron.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Damn you guys are ruining your experience. All I see is people asking for advice what to do. The game is so straightforward and full of surprises, just dive in and dont bother with hints, you'll lose on the magic and surprise.

For some people this is a really important post. Do not speed run this game. You will burn out your $60 purchase in like a week.

T-Square

if anyone needs apples and cherries, i need oranges and pears

or anything besides apples, cherries, peaches, and coconuts

FL16C

JSoup

Banned
For some people this is a really important post. Do not speed run this game. You will burn out your $60 purchase in like a week.

A lot of the people I see 'speed running' the game are more interested in the home customization than everything else.
These are the people making all the neat home layouts you're seeing on /v/ and r/gaming.

Top Bottom