• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
#1 disappointment in this game, letters and billboard posts still don’t properly word wrap. You have to manually space your words to get them lined up. Why?? Why is this not fixed yet from all the AC’s

I'm at the intro today. Did they take away the museum from the GC?

You have to work for it in this game. And boy is it worth it

bender

What time is it?
Day five was fairly uneventful.

-I paid of a home expansion loan and then ordered another expansion.
-Found two new species of fish and two new species of insects.
-Only made a few hundred thousand bells (I miss Tarantula Island).
-Visited 4 or 5 islands in search of new fruit (failure)
-Met my new Kangaroo neighbor.

And then it happened. In the lonely forest north of my island, under the crescent moon, I was recruited by the Blue Ninja Axe Gang.

ET3DhFyUMAAgt0P

Finally I had the skills to murder my nemesis. I stealthy maneuvered behind Rocket as she occupied my favorite fishing spot. I drew back my axe and just before I was to unleash the fatal blow, my Sensei interrupted.

ET3HSQ_U8AUYfB5

Apparently all junior ninjas of the Blue Ninja Axe Gang pull guard duty on the bridge.

ET3GiTRUUAE6rWa

Now I wait for my next opportunity to strike.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Day five was fairly uneventful.

-I paid of a home expansion loan and then ordered another expansion.
-Found two new species of fish and two new species of insects.
-Only made a few hundred thousand bells (I miss Tarantula Island).
-Visited 4 or 5 islands in search of new fruit (failure)
-Met my new Kangaroo neighbor.

And then it happened. In the lonely forest north of my island, under the crescent moon, I was recruited by the Blue Ninja Axe Gang.

ET3DhFyUMAAgt0P

Finally I had the skills to murder my nemesis. I stealthy maneuvered behind Rocket as she occupied my favorite fishing spot. I drew back my axe and just before I was to unleash the fatal blow, my Sensei interrupted.

ET3HSQ_U8AUYfB5

Apparently all junior ninjas of the Blue Ninja Axe Gang pull guard duty on the bridge.

ET3GiTRUUAE6rWa

Now I wait for my next opportunity to strike.
Which fruit do you need? I can share with you :)

BorntoPlay

In my country, everything is closed due to the quarantine, so there is no way I could have this game right now ... I've been playing since the Gamecube days, so my only fix for now is New Leaf....

Last edited:

drganon

I had a fairly productive day. Got the rest of what I needed for the shop and I've got blathers coming as well. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. Other than that I continue to chip away at my loan.

I broke down and got a switch lite and AC yesterday right as Oregon was locking down.

Named my island Quarantini. Today is my first full day as I started just last night.

I love the deserted island theme. So does my guy Dave, the "Down and Out Savant".

Once I figure out the friend code thing I will add you guys so I can share my oranges. I am new to the switch but so far this AC is fantastic.

Forsythia

Can someone hook me up with peaches? FC 5671-3516-3609. All trees are empty right now but I'll leave some pears on the floor.

ebevan91

Lol my hot item of the day is a frying pan. I just sold 2 of them for 6,000 bells. I can make 40 but I’m gonna save some iron and maybe make more later.

Last edited:
ET43jNzUUAY5w1k

hey what are you doing?

I feel like they need to recode the animals to be more aware of the structures when they are doing cute stuff like lifting dumbells or singing a song don't do it behind a tree or building. Be more aware of the cameras lol

Mista

Banned
Can someone hook me up with peaches? FC 5671-3516-3609. All trees are empty right now but I'll leave some pears on the floor.
We already have each other. I got all fruits but they're still growing. I can give you apples and coconuts since they're the ones that are ready

ebevan91

Does bait increase your chances of a big boy?

Speaking of bait, I'm currently grinding at the crafting table making like 25 baits so I can try to get a tuna and marlin and man I really wish you could craft more than 1 thing at a time. Like even in multiples of 3 or 5 would be fantastic.

RaptorGTA

Speaking of bait, I'm currently grinding at the crafting table making like 25 baits so I can try to get a tuna and marlin and man I really wish you could craft more than 1 thing at a time. Like even in multiples of 3 or 5 would be fantastic.

Man, I wish they would have included a multiplier or something on crafting items.

Yeah, the museum is one of the best in the series.

I just went through mine and wow..it look amazing. They did a great job with the layout and design.

ebevan91

I've been trying to get a tuna and blue marlin all day. Finally got a tuna a few minutes ago after throwing like 100+ bait.

GOTTEM less than 5 minutes after I posted this.

Last edited:

Thurible

Does anyone know when you can set up the construction of another bridge? I have a mini peninsula in addition to the river seperating the island in two halves.

Thurible

I got it from Tom about 2 days after I invited my first guests to the island from another island.
Thanks for letting me know! It's not a big deal of course, but I look forward to not having to polevault to and fro. I also put a new guest house (no.3) on the peninsula and I'm not sure what will happen if the second bridge doesn't come when they arrive (I assume they would be stuck in that small area but it wouldn't have any ramifications in the game.)

mcjmetroid

Thanks for letting me know! It's not a big deal of course, but I look forward to not having to polevault to and fro. I also put a new guest house (no.3) on the peninsula and I'm not sure what will happen if the second bridge doesn't come when they arrive (I assume they would be stuck in that small area but it wouldn't have any ramifications in the game.)
Hmm have you been asked to get furniture for your new arrivals? It's usually around then

Thurible

Hmm have you been asked to get furniture for your new arrivals? It's usually around then
I've got all the interior and exterior furniture for the homes, I think all that is next is waiting for the places to be built by Nook (it takes a day right?).

cormack12

Gold Member
Anyone got a couple of spare iron nuggets the lad can join for? He has 28/30 and wants to get his shop sorted.

Top Bottom