• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

alf717

Well today I got an odd message during a incline celebration. Nook said "Oof... A Little cramped here... But..." when my incline was done. Should I get rid of it?

Impotaku

Weird goings on in my town tonight.

GIANT!!!! star fragments lol
9GUfv0H.jpg

Town fountain upgraded, might add a few more as they are really pretty
wAJ0vwB.jpg

Is it me or does the moon look a lot closer tonight?
Npq4p60.jpg

OH, err i see lol
VedBHZw.jpg

It's all going down tonight there's even UFO sightings at the viewpoint, guard your buttholes.
mBO8IiU.jpg

3HtvE3A.jpg

I am between steps 7 and 8

Did not want to share this video guide until I got a blue rose following it

but I have been at this for 3 days and way over the `11 hours he said it took him, and at least double the 90 days of time travel
things were just no coming up for me each step.

Still could have made a mistake along the way but finally got the orange flower on step 7

this game was not balanced fair at all, my island did not have Roses as native flowers but if you did have roses as native flowers you could get wild orange flowers from Nook Mile Islands and you would have skipped to step 7 instantly even at step 7 two oranges can give you a good chance at a blue rose

so this was the hardest thing I tried to get in this game. I can't imagine trying to do it without Time Travel it would have taken 6-12 months in real time.

Last edited:

Impotaku

So far i have the grand total of 2 orange roses i have yet to see a blue either, hell i can't even get a purple pansy or hyacinth. Flower breeding is super frustrating for some breeds, yet others like tulips seem to give you everything with zero effort.

So far i have the grand total of 2 orange roses i have yet to see a blue either, hell i can't even get a purple pansy or hyacinth. Flower breeding is super frustrating for some breeds, yet others like tulips seem to give you everything with zero effort.

I had orange roses a long time ago but according to that video they are just not the right DNA genes the devs did code flower dna genes.

I was able to get most colors of other flower breeds by just letting them run wild all over my town I don't like the look of the pansy so I can't say I have much left of those. I only had them for door wreaths and you are right I am missing the puple pansies for that all purple wreath looks like I'll have to mess with them at some point if I want to 100% my DIY

I only had enough to create those most door wreaths of the other breeds my town is full of green mums for some reason I just loved the looks of these

I am also missing purple hyacinth I was so focused on getting blue of those forgot to try for purple man you just gave me more work lol

the roses seem way harder because there are more colors making it harder if you are trying to get blue. Blue only happends with a very specific gene sequence

Last edited:
I am missing 2 art pieces, the rock head and that stone box thing

wow I have never noticed how much pollution Redd's boat is spewing out of it and Redd sneezes a lot

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Redd has only visited me once so far. And yes, flower breeding is incredibly obtuse. I'm glad I'm able to preoccupy myself with other stuff while I wait the weeks and months it will take to grow each variety.

Redd has only visited me once so far. And yes, flower breeding is incredibly obtuse. I'm glad I'm able to preoccupy myself with other stuff while I wait the weeks and months it will take to grow each variety.

the flower breeding thing, this was made for one type of people, I am only following it now since I am the 100% everything type of person until I get bored and move to the next grindy game.

Redd shows up once per week on Mondays or Tuesdays for me, I've never found him later in the week could be different for others. I do not see him at all late summer not sure. But I time travel so it is not that bad but Redd should take a year to collect his stuff if you are not trading or friendly with your villagers

edit: for people looking for Redd you don't have to walk to your secret beach just check the map his icon will be on the map if he is there.

Last edited:
I think I'm starting to believe the talk I heard a month ago that you get your best hibrids from watering on Fridays and getting them on Saturday morning

Sunday to Monday has also spawned what I am looking for

getting closer now that I got a second orange rose to play with

Impotaku

lsKxoPU.jpg

Blue Rose FINALLY!

oh hell no I won't do this again. That grind was brutal my back hurts.

not giving these away for free only high price trades lol

this means that video guide works I followed it as closely as I could and could have done it cleaner to be sure.

Congrats on the blue, regarding the supposed dna special hybrid flowers, youtubers have been passing along misinformation as official data but it's really not. The official guidebook makes no mention of these special hybrids that look identical to other flowers. It's simply down to the RNG of the chances of a certain colour appearing. The image below is from the rose page of the official guide, some combinations of flower colours with have a higher chance of spawning a colour than others it's as simple as that. Seeing as the guidebook makers have nintendo's official authorization i'm pretty sure if there really were these special hybrids the guidebook would have mentioned them as they would have been able to confirm this with nintendo themselves.
w9W7RDC.jpg

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
My island was hit by a thunderstorm this morning and in a short span of minutes, with the help of fishbait as well, I was able to get not only 1 but 2 Coelacanths plus the Mahi-Mahi and Great Trevally. It was good times.

Too bad I missed out on the one Scorpion I saw later in the evening. Got stung!

bender

What time is it?
Not to knock on time travelers, but there is something wonderful about a new month in Animal Crossing. New fish to reel in, new bugs to net, a neat little island maze to explore. This game does a wonderful job of breaking up your daily routine when a new month rolls around. I still haven't placed all my homes, but I'm excited to try out teraforming the island.

There is also something pleasant about it raining outside in the real world and raining on your island in New Horizons. /deep thoughts.

I've always liked open world games that reward you with exploring and that give you a sense of discovery. I love games that have a well thought out economy and that have items you interact with that always have meaning. I think Animal Crossing checks all of those boxes. Sure every new fish you catch rewards with a new pun and can be sold off for a few bells (or maybe more), but the museum is such a wonderful idea and Blathers giving you a short description about each new item is a treat. Most games might give you something akin to the Critterpedia, but the Museum is just pure Nintendo charm. /more deep thoughts

I guess that's all to say that I've angled most of this months new fish and have a about half of the new bugs. Futurama is free of Rocket, though his replacement is much better (Antonio SUCKSSSS).

The outfit du jour is a mix of Jordan 1s, Enter the Dragon and a 1.2 million bell crown.

EXDHBnRUYAELkju

lsKxoPU.jpg

Blue Rose FINALLY!

oh hell no I won't do this again. That grind was brutal my back hurts.

not giving these away for free only high price trades lol

this means that video guide works I followed it as closely as I could and could have done it cleaner to be sure.

I NEED that watering can.

Last edited:
Congrats on the blue, regarding the supposed dna special hybrid flowers, youtubers have been passing along misinformation as official data but it's really not. The official guidebook makes no mention of these special hybrids that look identical to other flowers. It's simply down to the RNG of the chances of a certain colour appearing. The image below is from the rose page of the official guide, some combinations of flower colours with have a higher chance of spawning a colour than others it's as simple as that. Seeing as the guidebook makers have nintendo's official authorization i'm pretty sure if there really were these special hybrids the guidebook would have mentioned them as they would have been able to confirm this with nintendo themselves.
w9W7RDC.jpg

yeah we discussed this before and I agreed I just wanted to follow one more guide to see what I would get, in the end it has more to do with RNG what my results ended up being because it took me twice as long or even 3x as long as that video said it would.

still a damn heavy grind
i ordered this book on Amazon US weeks ago when it was posted and still no shipment

Not to knock on time travelers, but there is something wonderful about a new month in Animal Crossing. New fish to reel in, new bugs to net, a neat little island maze to explore. This game does a wonderful job of breaking up your daily routine when a new month rolls around. I still haven't placed all my homes, but I'm excited to try out teraforming the island.

There is also something pleasant about it raining outside in the real world and raining on your island in New Horizons. /deep thoughts.

I've always liked open world games that reward you with exploring and that give you a sense of discovery. I love games that have a well thought out economy and that have items you interact with that always have meaning. I think Animal Crossing checks all of those boxes. Sure every new fish you catch rewards with a new pun and can be sold off for a few bells (or maybe more), but the museum is such a wonderful idea and Blathers giving you a short description about each new item is a treat. Most games might give you something akin to the Critterpedia, but the Museum is just pure Nintendo charm. /more deep thoughts

I guess that's all to say that I've angled most of this months new fish and have a about half of the new bugs. Futurama is free of Rocket, though his replacement is much better (Antonio SUCKSSSS).

The outfit du jour is a mix of Jordan 1s, Enter the Dragon and a 1.2 million bell crown.

EXDHBnRUYAELkju

I NEED that watering can.

Totally agree with this feeling even as someone who chose to time travel. I really should not be playing this game at all since I have an art project that I really should be putting all my waking hours on for the rest of the year. I spoil the game for myself so I have less to do in ACNH

You are really not saying anything against Time Travel here, those people get to see the same thing they are just spoiled with fast spoilers and don't appreaciate them as much as someone playing in real time.

The game is designed to be played in this 24 hour cycle they left the ability to change your clock in there without breaking anything if it broke something it would stop time travel but I don't think they care about time travel. Someone was sick with Covid19 during the whole Bunny Day season they were able to set their clock back and got to becaome sick of eggs like the rest of us.

When you really put real time investment into the game without time travel and you play slow day to day you get rewarded with a very special experience. It is not just every month but every hour this game has something special to offer if you take the time to experience it.

I regret seeing New Years on a youtube channel then I had to check it out myself. But I imagine if I was playing day to day for all of this year and if I made it to New Years 2021 with all of my villagers it would feel so much more special. So I would yes well done if you don't time travel you are in for a great time ahead. May is great, June is even better, July is cool, I saw these things while trying to get a blue rose but damn there was a lot of very very nintendo like charming changes each month and that is without the access to the DLC and patches. So this summer is going to be great if they keep it up.

So yeah keep playing your way, you are in for a great journey.

(my problem right now is I don't think time travel is curing my addiction, I am finding so much new stuff I want to experience)

Last edited:

Impotaku

yeah we discussed this before and I agreed I just wanted to follow one more guide to see what I would get, in the end it has more to do with RNG what my results ended up being because it took me twice as long or even 3x as long as that video said it would.

still a damn heavy grind
i ordered this book on Amazon US weeks ago when it was posted and still no shipment

Ah apologies i knew i had brought this up with someone but i didn't realise it was you. Your still way ahead of me as i have only managed to get oranges & purples so far in the rose department. Once you have 2 it makes the odds a bit more in your favour well im praying it is lol. Still yet to see even a sniff of a green mum despite having a shitload of purples however grinding for redd art the day before redd turns up is a rainy day so i go back for rain to water everything in my flower gardens & to pick up my art from the mail then go forward to redd appearing buy a new piece of art and drop off the one i got in the post to blathers & then repeat the cycle. So glad it's different art & variant items each time he comes as in nooks cranny it's shit as the same items will appear on specific days so if you go back to a certain day it ill always be that damn same selection.

Hope your guide gets shipped soon, it sucks that they delayed it, well worth it though as it's quality both in content and also in feel as it has a rubberised feeling cover with uv spot gloss on all the little leaves & logos it's really nicely done. Even the 2 included bookmarks are super useful.

Last edited:
Ah apologies i knew i had brought this up with someone but i didn't realise it was you. Your still way ahead of me as i have only managed to get oranges & purples so far in the rose department. Once you have 2 it makes the odds a bit more in your favour well im praying it is lol. Still yet to see even a sniff of a green mum despite having a shitload of purples however grinding for redd art the day before redd turns up is a rainy day so i go back for rain to water everything in my flower gardens & to pick up my art from the mail then go forward to redd appearing buy a new piece of art and drop off the one i got in the post to blathers & then repeat the cycle. So glad it's different art & variant items each time he comes as in nooks cranny it's shit as the same items will appear on specific days so if you go back to a certain day it ill always be that damn same selection.

Hope your guide gets shipped soon, it sucks that they delayed it, well worth it though as it's quality both in content and also in feel as it has a rubberised feeling cover with uv spot gloss on all the little leaves & logos it's really nicely done. Even the 2 included bookmarks are super useful.

Redd is difficult, I do the same time travel trick when I see him but by the time I got to this point where I am only missing 2 art items I got tired and my villagers got so depressed I hate seeing all my villagers all moppy all asking to move.

After I did the 180 plus days to get these blue roses although I was time travelling day by day not skipping days or weeks I got no roaches at all but I got weeds and I did not have time to talk to villagers. I get the I what not seen you in Months!

I don't like seeing my villagers moppy I like seeing my little jocks Naruto run around my town all happy.

I have settled back to current times yesterday but took off again to get more blues out of my blues

I am going to have to say that the guide book and RNG thing does not really disprove a special red you get out going through that evil 9 step grind in that Youtube video
I am starting to believe these reds are really special because I travelled 7 days one day at a time watering this test field again today to double check what these reds would give me

LWB45BQ.jpg

I got blues most of the time from them. Some days I would get a white or a red out of them instead of a blue or nothing at all but I mostly got blues if they gave me something

remember I am the same guy with a massive gold rose field. I used RNG to get that gold field knowing if I put 2 reds together I can get a black and with a gold watering can I can get gold rose out of 2 blacks.

XYneKz0.jpg

These reds have not given me a black roase once. So I think the guide book is not proving these special reds wrong due to the massive amount of Time Travel I have done using red roses to get blacks to get my gold field unless the RNG is super brutal I never got one single blue with a huge field of red roses trying to get blacks. I did not use the gold can all the time because it was wasting gold nuggets to craft new ones I only used the gold can when I replaced all reds with blacks

NknSdxd.jpg

It took a long time to get that much black a lot of Time Travel, then it took even longer to get the massive gold field.

The reds never gave me blues so I am not sure if I can trust the guide book saying it is only RNG

2 reds have a 1 out of 64 chance to give you a blue that is what the youtuber guide says
going through the 9 steps gets that down to these special reds that is down to 1 out of 4 chance

the problem with what they are claiming is once I had enough special reds I am still getting blues out of them more often than anything else.
I still want my guide but I won't dismiss everything the community says from experimenting. The guide does not seem to have it all 100% they should be the ones presenting a 9 step way to get the hardest hybrid rose.

man just watered my roses after taking that pic

Uj2DaWU.jpg

and went one more day ahead boom another blue

8TQNzWA.jpg

If this is just RNG I'm on a good run
aiming for a blue field not as big as my gold roses but enough blue to feel like I won the RNG lotto since I did not get these as a gift it took days of work

Last edited:

Impotaku

Redd is difficult, I do the same time travel trick when I see him but by the time I got to this point where I am only missing 2 art items I got tired and my villagers got so depressed I hate seeing all my villagers all moppy all asking to move.

After I did the 180 plus days to get these blue roses although I was time travelling day by day not skipping days or weeks I got no roaches at all but I got weeds and I did not have time to talk to villagers. I get the I what not seen you in Months!

I don't like seeing my villagers moppy I like seeing my little jocks Naruto run around my town all happy.

I have settled back to current times yesterday but took off again to get more blues out of my blues

I am going to have to say that the guide book and RNG thing does not really disprove a special red you get out going through that evil 9 step grind in that Youtube video
I am starting to believe these reds are really special because I travelled 7 days one day at a time watering this test field again today to double check what these reds would give me

LWB45BQ.jpg

I got blues most of the time from them. Some days I would get a white or a red out of them instead of a blue or nothing at all but I mostly got blues if they gave me something

remember I am the same guy with a massive gold rose field. I used RNG to get that gold field knowing if I put 2 reds together I can get a black and with a gold watering can I can get gold rose out of 2 blacks.

XYneKz0.jpg

These reds have not given me a black roase once. So I think the guide book is not proving these special reds wrong due to the massive amount of Time Travel I have done using red roses to get blacks to get my gold field unless the RNG is super brutal I never got one single blue with a huge field of red roses trying to get blacks. I did not use the gold can all the time because it was wasting gold nuggets to craft new ones I only used the gold can when I replaced all reds with blacks

NknSdxd.jpg

It took a long time to get that much black a lot of Time Travel, then it took even longer to get the massive gold field.

The reds never gave me blues so I am not sure if I can trust the guide book saying it is only RNG

2 reds have a 1 out of 64 chance to give you a blue that is what the youtuber guide says
going through the 9 steps gets that down to these special reds that is down to 1 out of 4 chance

the problem with what they are claiming is once I had enough special reds I am still getting blues out of them more often than anything else.
I still want my guide but I won't dismiss everything the community says from experimenting. The guide does not seem to have it all 100% they should be the ones presenting a 9 step way to get the hardest hybrid rose.

I currently just have my flowerbeds in a set pattern i found online that is supposed to give you every colour if you wait long enough so it will be interesting to test this method and see how it compares to how you did it, ill let you know if i manage to spawn blues from this grid as i'm not doing any special steps the base colours were just grown from the seed bags. To be honest the guidebook doesn't go into the percentage chance of certain colours its just listed as common rare or very rare so that could mean anything. Seems a lot of colour combinations can spawn the hybrid colours but they end up been in the very rare bracket with it becoming easier with a certain few combinations that include one of the pair been the target colour you are after but the fact that this book was officialy authorized by Nintendo gives it a lot more weight than youtubers just guessing i can't imagine Nintendo would be happy with a half assed guidebook that has their name on it or maybe they dont care lol maybe i'm reading too much into that official stamp.

I have a bit of an irk with youtubers though and them spouting crap thats plain wrong and trying to pass it off as fact. Saying stuff like when a new update comes it removes the previous events and you can no longer access them which i tested myself and found it totally wrong. Don't get me wrong there are some actually useful ones out there that are putting out good content and then you have others that will just post any old shit to get clicks it's frustrating finding info when theres a lot just making anything up. Some people are saying that villagers leave on their own if you ignore them but in nearly 300 hours i have never had one move out on their own no matter how much i ignored them but i do agree i feel a bit shitty when my villagers were unhappy especially when Beardo did that as i tried to make sure i interacted with him the most as he is my favourite of all the villagers so i genuinely felt crap when he said he wanted to move i was like Beardo noooo don't leave me. Weirdly one of my villagers had the thought bubble over their heads and i went to talk to them expecting them saying they are thinking about moving but instead they gave me an item it was weird as i didn't know they would do that.

Regarding time travelling i always played like that ever since the N64 version. I go in two phases i travel extensively to get a lot of the items unlocked & stockpiled and then i tend to slow down and play with less travelling using the items i unlocked to design to my hearts content as there are times i just do nothing but chill and enjoy the daily routine of my town and the feeling of enjoying the secenry & the weather especially with how beautiful it is in this game but during events i tend to grind till i have them all for that event just in case that one time nintendo really does decide to use an update to lock the events away although so far it's looking very unlikely they would. I do find it pretty impessive seeing people when they build an amazing town and they didnt time travel, i do appreciate that level of dedication but for me i can't play that way. One of my work friends refuses to travel and she did everything in realtime her flowerbeds are amazing.

I currently just have my flowerbeds in a set pattern i found online that is supposed to give you every colour if you wait long enough so it will be interesting to test this method and see how it compares to how you did it, ill let you know if i manage to spawn blues from this grid as i'm not doing any special steps the base colours were just grown from the seed bags. To be honest the guidebook doesn't go into the percentage chance of certain colours its just listed as common rare or very rare so that could mean anything. Seems a lot of colour combinations can spawn the hybrid colours but they end up been in the very rare bracket with it becoming easier with a certain few combinations that include one of the pair been the target colour you are after but the fact that this book was officialy authorized by Nintendo gives it a lot more weight than youtubers just guessing i can't imagine Nintendo would be happy with a half assed guidebook that has their name on it or maybe they dont care lol maybe i'm reading too much into that official stamp.

I have a bit of an irk with youtubers though and them spouting crap thats plain wrong and trying to pass it off as fact. Saying stuff like when a new update comes it removes the previous events and you can no longer access them which i tested myself and found it totally wrong. Don't get me wrong there are some actually useful ones out there that are putting out good content and then you have others that will just post any old shit to get clicks it's frustrating finding info when theres a lot just making anything up. Some people are saying that villagers leave on their own if you ignore them but in nearly 300 hours i have never had one move out on their own no matter how much i ignored them but i do agree i feel a bit shitty when my villagers were unhappy especially when Beardo did that as i tried to make sure i interacted with him the most as he is my favourite of all the villagers so i genuinely felt crap when he said he wanted to move i was like Beardo noooo don't leave me. Weirdly one of my villagers had the thought bubble over their heads and i went to talk to them expecting them saying they are thinking about moving but instead they gave me an item it was weird as i didn't know they would do that.

Regarding time travelling i always played like that ever since the N64 version. I go in two phases i travel extensively to get a lot of the items unlocked & stockpiled and then i tend to slow down and play with less travelling using the items i unlocked to design to my hearts content as there are times i just do nothing but chill and enjoy the daily routine of my town and the feeling of enjoying the secenry & the weather especially with how beautiful it is in this game but during events i tend to grind till i have them all for that event just in case that one time nintendo really does decide to use an update to lock the events away although so far it's looking very unlikely they would. I do find it pretty impessive seeing people when they build an amazing town and they didnt time travel, i do appreciate that level of dedication but for me i can't play that way. One of my work friends refuses to travel and she did everything in realtime her flowerbeds are amazing.

I don't think it is a half ass guide book, I just don't think it has all the info. I never play a game I love without buying a guide book but they never really deep dive into every secret, the good ones do secret deep dives but you do see that Animal Crossing is impossible to cover with one guide with the updates coming so often.

I understand not trusting youtubers, I would net trust them even more so right now there are tons of newbie channels because of the lockdown all covering Animal Crossing
I see a lot of B.S. posted

I tried a 5x5 grid flower bed a special layout that should get you everything but after 90 days of Time Travel and not getting the final hybrid I gave up

I think rain and my gold can had a lot to do with it but most of that is speculation. That is the difference between Reddit/Youtube and using the Guide the guide should only be the facts they got from Nintendo. But I have seen guides licensed by Nintendo report the wrong info. Just a mess up here and there that was missed but it was still the wrong info.

I am addicted to Time Travel since the beginning even more so when you get Resetti mad doing it, loved to do it. It is even better on the Switch love being able to manage my own time. I go back to current time but never really spend 2 days in real time without going ahead

When I get my guide I want to raise my friendship levels with all my villagers to get the portrait they give you, I hope the guide covers how to do this.

Impotaku

Once a year has passed and all the events have been observed i can see some more guides popping up covering the event data too. The guidebook does list what raises and lowers friendship levels but it doesn't go into super detailled explanations but it does tell you what activities you need to do that will make them like you or dislike you.

i'm currently using that 5x5 grid and for some flowers it's worked great but for hyacinths i can barely get any oranges to spawn and i need those to make the rest grow but i seem to get blues really easily. Still i keep using the rain to water them en masse and keep hoping, at some point i need to get my ass into gear and raise my town from 4 to 5 stars to get the gold can so i can gave a go at making golds as i now have a small pile of black roses just begging for a bling makeover lol

Impotaku Impotaku we should experiment, you take to normal red roses or whatever the guide tells you should get you blue rose put those 2 flowers next to each other

I will give you 2 of these so called special reds that should give you a blue 1 out of 4 - you can water them each day time travelling and report back which ones give you the blue rose faster

would the prove the RNG vs Special Gene thing because I believe dataminers have said they did code genetics into the game

If you already have blue roses using the guide then this offer is a waste of time but if you don't you could at least test out these 2 red roses on your island

let me know and PM me a dodo code I'll bring you 2 roses

alf717

Wow, you put a whole lot of work and dedication into those flowers. I just got Cosmos flowers today so I'm working on getting some pink ones for a DIY I have yet to create. I've been getting a little bummed with the game lately because of the day to day grind and with some of the archaic designs of the game. I'm just not the best at waiting but I haven't used any time traveling yet and most likely wont be using it. I don't want to time travel but it sure would help out a lot. :messenger_beaming: The 5 star grind took a toll and I've decided my island will either get one or not at this point. I'm just in no rush for it anymore because of my new found love of hybrid flowers. I'm using a 4x5 grid pattern layout and it has been working well for me but after reading what you have been through it might not hold up. It is pretty exciting getting up each morning and checking out the flower patches for some new flowers each day.

Last edited:
one Youtuber I am very disappointed at right now is Austin John Plays, since the beginning he is snobbish about time travellers saying he does not time travel.
He have thousands of members that give him money for accesss to play with him in all games he plays so of course they send him tons of gifts
like Godzilla, and such things that cost a lot of time grinding. He finally figured out that being sent 10 gold ore is a bit of a time saving cheat since he has not even aarned 2 gold from his rocks.

Recently he took a break because his mom died he said they never talked since after he left home and they did not have a good relationship.

He took a few days break when he came back it was earth day so he got into the flower bed videos, nothing weird here expected him to grind these out in a long guide since he does not time travel. NOPE he got blue roses as a gift.

I don't like when people shit on time travel and are a major public snob about it and they take shortcuts as brutal as getting gifted blue roses lol

Wow, you put a whole lot of work and dedication into those flowers. I just got Cosmos flowers today so I'm working on getting some pink ones for a DIY I have yet to create. I've been getting a little bummed with the game lately because of the day to day grind and with some of the archaic designs of the game. I'm just not the best at waiting but I haven't used any time traveling yet and most likely wont be using it. I don't want to time travel but it sure would help out a lot. :messenger_beaming: The 5 star grind took a toll and I've decided my island will either get one or not at this point. I'm just in no rush for it anymore because of my new found love of hybrid flowers. I'm using a 4x5 grid pattern layout and it has been working well for me but after reading what you have been through it might not hold up. It is pretty exciting getting up each morning and checking out the flower patches for some new flowers each day.

no need to rush play it at your pace take breaks when you don't feel like playing it don't time travel if you have not had a history of doing it in the series it breaks the game or gets addictive. take your time

Impotaku

Impotaku Impotaku we should experiment, you take to normal red roses or whatever the guide tells you should get you blue rose put those 2 flowers next to each other

I will give you 2 of these so called special reds that should give you a blue 1 out of 4 - you can water them each day time travelling and report back which ones give you the blue rose faster

would the prove the RNG vs Special Gene thing because I believe dataminers have said they did code genetics into the game

If you already have blue roses using the guide then this offer is a waste of time but if you don't you could at least test out these 2 red roses on your island

let me know and PM me a dodo code I'll bring you 2 roses

That's a cool experiment, i don't have any blue roses so this could be a good test of the theory once and for all of hidden genetics. Lemme get online and i'll PM you a dodo.

i have messaged you a dodo and gates are open

thanks for being a good sport, I like science experiments and facts

test them out for at least 7 days or more if they are not spawning anything
but they should spawn white and reds a few time just remove those and sell them don't use those

just keep the 2 roses watered each day you time travel and your other test roses too let us know what you get in 7 or whatever day it is you get results.

Redd keeps avoiding offering for sale the last 2 pieces I need :(

I am a bit worried about the flowers I gave to Impotaku Impotaku for the experiment I don't remember if they ever bloomed a blue at least those 2

they should be

I keep 2 red roses together to create blues, if I get a red from those 2 reds I don't consider that a special red I sell that one

I keep single special reds water those if they create a clone of themselves I consider the clone a special red that seems to keep things clean

hope I got it right and gave the right ones

Last edited:

Impotaku

Redd keeps avoiding offering for sale the last 2 pieces I need :(

which 2 you after? i can keep an eye out in my town in case i get doubles. The other day he taunted me by having 2 real pieces of art and a damn haunted one as he had the glowing blue rosetta stone i really wanted the stone but empty art gallery keeps taunting me too lol.

which 2 you after? i can keep an eye out in my town in case i get doubles. The other day he taunted me by having 2 real pieces of art and a damn haunted one as he had the glowing blue rosetta stone i really wanted the stone but empty art gallery keeps taunting me too lol.

we can trade if you want sometimes he does have 2 real or 3 real. Sometimes it is all fakes.

I am missing the Big Stone Head and the square stone box that should not have a cover or handle as the fake

let me know what you need we don't have to trade I'll just bring you them if I have them

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I need artworks guise

Whitesnake

Banned
jQMPJnN.png

9EcwguX.png

Flower? I hardly knew her!

It takes at least 3 entire watering cans to water all the flowers on my island. Sometimes I just sit there and pray for rain, but my prayers are left unheard.

I now have all of the nook miles rewards related to flowers lmao

Island’s still only 2 stars tho

Last edited:
Top Bottom