• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
that's me done with the game. well i guess i'll come back if there are any events or new content. done pretty much everything i can right now. i'm happy with my island + house.

iconmaster

Banned
We unlocked the Island Designer app at our house and I believe my record of what secondary players can and cannot do is now mostly complete.

Having gone through the main progression sequence as a family, I feel that the limitations on secondary players are more aggravating toward the beginning but become almost irrelevant by the end. Once we have ramps, bridges and villager houses all placed where we want them, the only gameplay difference between my Resident Representative daughter and me will be the recipes she's acquired by performing some of the game tasks I wasn't allowed to.

Last edited:

alf717

I did it! Now I'm gonna focus on hybrid flowers. The grind was tough but I finally got it. Time to make some of those golden roses.

20200507_232347mukw0.jpg

Impotaku

How did you do it? Redd has only shown up on my island a few times so far.

redd only appears roughly once every 2 weeks so i abused the living hell out of time travelling to the specific day he visited my town as each time you travel to the day he's there the art and variant colour furniture items all shuffle so there's a chance of always getting a new selection unlike nooks cranny where the items are hard selected for each specific day so no amount of time travelling or even regular playing will change the selection on a set day which is crap as timmy and tommy have a really small pool of items they sell i keep seeing the same damn things over and over and over. So for the past week i have been in a 3 day loop visit red then goto the next day to pick up the art i need that was delivered to my post box then go back to the day before redd appears to do some stuff then travel to the day redd appears and repeat all over again but it's taken a while as the fakes slow you down. With him appearing so infrequently i wasn't prepared to take a full year to fill one section of my musueum.

the days certain visitor come to your town if you remember the dates you can tavel back and see them again and again it's how i managed to get all of the wand set and the space set from celeste but i still have to get the remaining zodiac items from her as i need to find her in every month. There are also other restrictions in doing it. If you travel too far away from the date then the villagers shuffle and the dates they appeared on will change and you'll have to find them again. it works with wisp/sahara/flick ect... seeing as i rarely get to play through the day thanks to been at work i play around with the clock to my hearts content to enjoy everything i missed, already passed 300 hours and i still have a lot to work on so even filling the museum up isn't like the games over.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Struggling now. I can't decide how I want my island to look for KK Slider so have a mental block in pushing forward :/

Impotaku

Today done another small section of the town the fruit juice bar and the town fountain, does anyone have the variant fountain that has the water that lights up? as i could have sworn i saw it in someones youtube video and i didn't just imagine it lol. The one i have doesn't light up but you can customize the stone colour.

Juice bar, i finally get to use the fruit boxes hehe
7cGyL4p.jpg

town fountain, well one of them. This one is the flower fountain as it's shaped like a flower and the petals also have flowers inside and then actually decorated with flowers. Floweception lol.
k6vSIzY.jpg

It would look perfect if i could find the nook miles town fountain that has lit up water
K4HcS3L.jpg

njean777

anybody have turnips over 150? My prices this week have all sucked lol. Also how do I find the art dealer I cannot seem to find him...

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
anybody have turnips over 150? My prices this week have all sucked lol. Also how do I find the art dealer I cannot seem to find him...
Redd will always be found at your secret beach. Not there every day. Just check your map each day to see if the symbol is there at your beach.

at first you'll need to talk to him a few times to get access to his boat. just wander around the island to find him.

Impotaku

Redd only appears roughly every 2 weeks, annoyingly sparse. Nintendo needs to damn well tweak the appearance settings as thats way to infrequent compared to the rest of the visitors.

On another note, Err wtf?
T117nQl.jpg

picture may have been doctored LOOL, nobody is THAT lucky

D.Final

Banned
Today done another small section of the town the fruit juice bar and the town fountain, does anyone have the variant fountain that has the water that lights up? as i could have sworn i saw it in someones youtube video and i didn't just imagine it lol. The one i have doesn't light up but you can customize the stone colour.

7cGyL4p.jpg

town fountain, well one of them. This one is the flower fountain as it's shaped like a flower and the petals also have flowers inside and then actually decorated with flowers. Floweception lol.
k6vSIzY.jpg

It would look perfect if i could find the nook miles town fountain that has lit up water
K4HcS3L.jpg

Beautiful

alf717

K4HcS3L.jpg

Wow that looks amazing. The floor lights really pop at night time. I have one but only in orange. I have lighting around my island as well but most of them are street lamp. I really enjoy the lighting during the evenings.

Finally have a 5 star island! So happy to get a Lily-of-the-Valley too. This game rocks.

Though now I'm 5 stars I kind of want to redesign most of it. Have a whole unused left side which is basically just an orchard. Thinking about maximising space by clustering houses closer together. Time for another 300 hours to get it how I want it, I guess :messenger_grinning_sweat:

alf717

I have a turnip question. So lets say I saved the gave at 1PM today and I wanted to play again but Mable's shop is closed and it is already 10PM my time. I haven't gone into the game since 1PM. Would I be able to set the clock to say 5PM or so and be fine or would that still spoil my turnips?

nowhat

The schools reopened today here in Finland. I go to wake up my 13yo daughter to get her ready to go, but it was so hard. Like, getting teenagers to wake up can be difficult normally, but this time I almost had to slap her awake. I turn around to find her TV open, with Animal Crossing running on it.

So apparently instead of sleeping like would have been the reasonable choice, she spent an all-nighter with the game. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be mad or proud.

bender

What time is it?
The schools reopened today here in Finland. I go to wake up my 13yo daughter to get her ready to go, but it was so hard. Like, getting teenagers to wake up can be difficult normally, but this time I almost had to slap her awake. I turn around to find her TV open, with Animal Crossing running on it.

So apparently instead of sleeping like would have been the reasonable choice, she spent an all-nighter with the game. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be mad or proud.

Mild scorn towards your daughter and then a fist pump when she's not looking.

iconmaster

Banned
I just found out that while fully-grown trees need only one free block of space on all sides to produce fruit, a sapling needs at least two free blocks to grow. That explains why some of my orchard trees made no progress until I moved them into a broader "nursery" area.

(It could be the game is looking for a maximum number of trees in a specified square area rather than space around, but as a rule of thumb the 2 spaces should work.)

Last edited:

Impotaku

Sir plants-a-lot strikes again armed with his trusty golden can spreading his golden showers everywhere. The plants are behaving like pokemon i found a shiney LOL
eTLRUNz.jpg

And on that note i have managed to get every colour variation for every plant breed although a couple i only have a few of so far, so i'm intensive farming to raise the stocks before i disperse them all through the island.

Last edited:

drganon

Still stuck on level 2 island evals. On a happier note, I finished paying off a bridge so it'll be quicker to move around on my island.

ebevan91

we need another update, need things to do lol

I haven't played much over the past 3 weeks or so. I blame my lack of creativity because there's a lot of unfinished stuff on my island and I just don't know what to do with it.

And also I don't want to build up too much because then I'll just have to scrap some stuff if they update with new buildings.

Last edited:

alf717

I just got my first gold rose today and a purple wind-flower. The flower mechanics are very fun to mess around with. I also just realized today that I got rid of all yellow mum flowers. They never did anything but take up space. I guess when I get the other flowers I am missing I'll add a few in.

alf717

Not sure if this is old news but this seems to explain the rate at which special guests appear.

- Every week, players are guaranteed to get Saharah, Kicks, and Leif on one weekday (Mon-Fri) each - This will happen so long as the Able Sisters tailor shop has been built - The remaining two weekday slots will be randomly filled by Gulliver, Label, CJ, Flick, or Redd
- Special characters which did not get picked for the current week will be given a higher priority for the following week - Celeste will appear on days where Meteor Shower weather patterns are present, separately from the other special characters
- Wisp will pick a random day of the week to appear

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Anyone happen to have a decent turnip price atm? I have a bunch and totally forgot to check mine today and am about to be stuck with quite a bit of rotten turnips.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Anyone happen to have a decent turnip price atm? I have a bunch and totally forgot to check mine today and am about to be stuck with quite a bit of rotten turnips.

Where are you in the world friend? Its Sunday mainly and they don’t buy turnips on Sunday.

Impotaku

Can someone please remind the Japanese devs what a stamp rally is supposed to be like, the point is you have to hunt for them. Considering how big they are in japan for stamp rallys i find it pretty amusing that they made zero effort with this event. It can be done & dusted in less than 5 mins and i'm been super generous there i was hoping for a lot more with this one. They could have made it where for the 2 weeks it's running you went in each day and tried to find the stamps and made it a bit harder then at the end of 2 weeks you could turn the cards in for some cool themed event furniture depending on how many you found.

Instead we got 3 plaques that you can't customise and only sell for 300 bells each but you can do the same event every day to get the same 3 rewards oh what fun. Blathers tells you that you can repeat the rally but the prizes will be the same i swear he's trolling, zero reason to get multiples.

Blathers asked me if i had taken a souvanier picture to celebrate the stamp rally. Why yes blathers i wanted to record how hard you made it to find all those stamps, total brutal difficulty getting those fish stamps as you can see.
bUEW4uc.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom