• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Review Thread

McCheese

Glad those collegehumor writers got jobs at waypoint, that animal crossing review marking it down for glorifying colonisation is hilarious.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Glad those collegehumor writers got jobs at waypoint, that animal crossing review marking it down for glorifying colonisation is hilarious.
Did they really say that in their review? What in the fuck!!! Then again they are same people who criticize Astral Chain for not tackling “police violence”.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
b2Vwfs70_400x400.jpg

You can't do realistic graphics for obvious reasons. The characters need to be expressive and the game is drenched in goofy humor, so regular cartoon design would miss the point as well. I honestly can't see how this game works without the chibi characters.

chaseroni

Is this for real? In the past all the AC games changed tunes every hour to a new track and that was one of my favorite things about this series..
I really hope its not the same track outside all the time day or night.
I6NqDLE.png

-Arcadia-

Banned
Is this for real? In the past all the AC games changed tunes every hour to a new track and that was one of my favorite things about this series..
I really hope its not the same track outside all the time day or night.
I6NqDLE.png

I actually like this. Absence makes the heart fonder (versus another similar introduction to a sleepy village) — when it does grow into that Animal Crossing experience, it’ll feel all the more special.

I don’t like the quoted figure of thirty hours, but... it’s a game journalist, so we can probably divide that figure in half, maybe quarters, for regular people? Lol.

chaseroni

I actually like this. Absence makes the heart fonder (versus another similar introduction to a sleepy village) — when it does grow into that Animal Crossing experience, it’ll feel all the more special.

I don’t like the quoted figure of thirty hours, but... it’s a game journalist, so we can probably divide that figure in half, maybe quarters, for regular people? Lol.
I appreciate your perspective on that, but 30 hours does seem excessive. Lets just hope its a cuphead tutorial situation going on here.

StormCell

In before day 1 patch that reduces the # of hours needed to hear other tracks! :LOL:

Mozza

Glad they delayed the release of this to get the game right, and the level of detail is very good, I sold my 3DS ages ago so looking forward to this.

ACNH Director deletes her Twitter account after receiving numerous critical messages

Animal Crossing: New Horizons update brings dreaming, fireworks shows, and save backups

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Animal Crossing: New Horizons update brings dreaming, fireworks shows, and save backups
Finally!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom