• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

As of tomorrow I'll be looking for a new villager btw. So if anyone got someone leaving please let me know. I hate to alt+reset my game everyday just in case some villager decides to move in on top of my hybrids :/

Quoting my reply to you in the last thread...

Yeah, never leave things laying on the ground overnight. Every morning at 6am your town gets checked to see if it's perfect. Excessive weeds, items laying out, not enough trees/flowers/pwps and it fails.

During the day your town can look however, leave items laying out whatever. Just be sure to clean things up before you shut off the game for the night. As long as things are perfect at the start of a new day, you get the perfect rating.
Makes sense. I guess I figured that since the rating was done at 6AM, it wouldn't change throughout the day, it would only be what it was as of the last check. Thus my minor freak out. I wasn't expecting it to update as I did stuff.

On the plus side, this will help me figure out if I ever remove to many trees as I clear land for PWPs.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Sweet. So instead of the Spooky set there will now be a harvest set for sale at Nooklings? That is until the Harvest Festival hits.

Yeah I think so. Harvest Festival is on the fourth Thursday of November if I remember correctly, so plenty of time once again.

Niraj

Well I know because every TV show I watch does Thanksgiving episodes. It's the same for Halloween actually, we don't do Halloween over here. We have Sint Maarten.

I suppose that's true :p but even so, it's easier to use in-game terminology.

You watch too much TV!

bjork

I wonder if the store is going to be in November as it was in October, and only offer me like 3 pieces of the furniture set over and over. That was frustrating.

Robin64

The Harvest stuff is awesome and actually good enough as a permanent look and not just a theme (like the Spooky stuff)

Niraj

I wonder if the store is going to be in November as it was in October, and only offer me like 3 pieces of the furniture set over and over. That was frustrating.

Both sets are orderable at least, so worst case you can ask somebody for the other pieces.

Oxx

I got 6 AC streetpasses in my home town today. That's a lot more than usual. I usually have to go to a big city for those kind of numbers.

I blame halloween excitement.

And school holidays.

Chopper

So, here's a list of everything available tonight between 6 and 12, all completely unorderable. Some don't even register in your catalogue:

Patched Hat
Patched Shirt
Patched Pants
Patched Dress
Patched Shoes
Old Wallpaper
Old Flooring
Jack-in-the-Box
Pumpkin Head
Green Pumpkin Head
Purple Pumpkin Head
Red Pumpkin Head
Yellow Pumpkin Head
Creepy Coffin
Creepy Bat Stone
Creepy Skeleton
Creepy Crystal
Creepy Carpet
Creepy Stone
Creepy Statue
Creepy Cauldron
Creepy Clock
Creepy Wallpaper

Phew. I'm gonna be at work, so lord knows how I'll manage it. Still, gotta catalogue 'em all!

Koomaster

As of tomorrow I'll be looking for a new villager btw. So if anyone got someone leaving please let me know. I hate to alt+reset my game everyday just in case some villager decides to move in on top of my hybrids :/
tumblr_mvjkflkMDB1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mvjkgpVLv51swqxw3o1_400.jpg

I've got BonBon moving on Nov. 4th; sad to see her go but I really need 1 empty spot for my best bud Lobo to hopefully move in one day.
She is a peppy villager and awesome rabbit if you need one of either. :)

Koomaster

Do you need all 6 to get all items? Missing the Monster hat I think.
You will probably be fine; it all depends on what your citizens are afraid of. If nobody fears the monster mask or the ones afraid of it are walking around outside, then you wouldn't even need it.

You can check here and see who is afraid of what. I think I personally have 6 villagers afraid of the monster mask. :S

Chopper

Wait, does not having a full town of ten affect the Halloween event? I'm at nine. D:
Yeah, those of us with less than 10 neighbours need to use an alt. I imagine going to someone else's town would work, if you don't have one. Not sure though.

Koomaster

Maybe saving the game and restarting would shuffle the villagers who are inside/outside.
I really don't think people with 8 or 9 villagers will be hindered greatly into getting all the pieces.

Niraj

My fragile worldview had been shattered.

What's your playtime for this game? Have you broken quads yet?

I actually don't know.

I watch too much TV too, joke being that we often post in the same TV threads. And no comment.

Elija2

Just make an alt for the event and then delete it afterward.

Man, I hate making alts. I guess I might as well since I'll be doing the new-character trick anyway.

Maybe saving the game and restarting would shuffle the villagers who are inside/outside.
I really don't think people with 8 or 9 villagers will be hindered greatly into getting all the pieces.

But is it possible to get two creepy items from the same villager? I don't think so, which is why you need 10 villagers to get all 10 creepy items.

braves01

Banned
Sylvia just asked what kind of pet she should get, and I said kangaroo. She didn't even think it was weird to keep one of her own kind as a pet. :-/

Linius

Just done with my dinner, I'm going in.

Thanks for the offer btw Koo, I'll take her in consideration. I already have a bunny with Mira :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So actually for the first batch of villagers outside I should actually not wear any headgear so I get the pumpkins.

EDIT: CRAZY! Hit 6pm and Groucho instantly transformed and instantly tick or treated me.

bjork

Man, I hate making alts. I guess I might as well since I'll be doing the new-character trick anyway.

But is it possible to get two creepy items from the same villager? I don't think so, which is why you need 10 villagers to get all 10 creepy items.

You don't get creepy items from the villagers. You get them from Jack. I got the full set without 10 villagers and without all the masks.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I play paper, they play rock.

I don't need candy. I want pumpkin heads!

EDIT: Well Jack was nice enough to give me the Spooky Bed, which is what I needed.

EDIT2: Oh my, they transform you outfit. Better take of my jacket then. That's unorderable!

Elija2

You don't get creepy items from the villagers. You get them from Jack. I got the full set without 10 villagers and without all the masks.

Oh, awesome then. I'm guessing you give Jack the candy for a chance to get a creepy item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom