• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

Oh, awesome then. I'm guessing you give Jack the candy for a chance to get a creepy item?

Yes. The right mask with the right villager (in their house, not roaming outside) will give you a lollipop, or else you get a candy. Outside villagers will play rock/paper/scissor or charades with you, and if you win, you get their candy. You can trade either of these to Jack, and he gives both Spooky and Creepy items, and he also offers masks.

I wound up with a full creepy set and about 2.5 spooky sets when I was done. I only got one lollipop so I'm not sure how Jack's distribution of creepy items versus spooky items is determined.

Linius

So far everything is going along just fine. Got all the different pumpkin heads by now. And there really was no reason to horde candy since I'm winning candy left and right and got plenty of it now :p

Depends what you mean by 'good'. I have 105 turnip prices right now; Good enough to not lose your investment (unless you bought for more than that) but not good enough to actually make a decent profit.
No, that's okay. Thanks though.

I'm not in panic mode, yet. But I would like to unload them today.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Got a spare green and yellow pumpkin already.

Charades are so much better since it's easy to lose.

Linius

That Gamefaqs thread isn't that accurate. Jack is giving me spares for lollipops too. I thought you're supposed to get an item you didn't have already for each lollipop. Oh well, guess we'll have some trading to do later guys :p

Elija2

Man, I need more storage space, it's is full of perfect oranges. Someone please take this stuff off my hands:

sporty floor
Ten Billion Barrel x5
boxed figurine
Ultra Hand x2
miniature car
Ultra Scope
golden carpet
golden wall torch
pink-hydrangea start x5
blue-hydrangea start x5

Linius

How do you get the Jack pumpkin head? Is that what he give you if you ask for a mask?

When he asks you for candy you quit and don't give him any. If you're not wearing a mask at the time he plays a trick on you and you get his pumpkin head.

Frogstep

How do you get the Jack pumpkin head? Is that what he give you if you ask for a mask?

The GameFaq's thread said that you have to find Jack and refuse to give him candy while he is bare headed.

edit: seems like you only get a regular pumpkin head that way. Villagers can be wearing colored pumpkin heads that you get for losing a game to them.

Wolfe

Man, I need more storage space, it's is full of perfect oranges. Someone please take this stuff off my hands:

sporty floor
Ten Billion Barrel x5
boxed figurine
Ultra Hand x2
miniature car
Ultra Scope
golden carpet
golden wall torch
pink-hydrangea start x5
blue-hydrangea start x5

I'll take the hydrangeas off your hands.

Looking forward to the festivities this evening, got a bunch of crap clothes on just in case.

Elija2

Just noticed that my Able Sisters is selling a crown for 1 million bells. Anyone interested in that?

So do I need to be wearing every type of clothing to get it's patched equivalent (do I need to wear a hat to get the patched hat, or a dress to get the patched dress) or will I get all the patched clothing eventually regardless of what I'm wearing? And then if I get the hat I have to take it off to get the pumpkin heads, right?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So, its halloween. I have 8 villagers in my town (the 9th is leaving tomorrow and not part of the festivities.) I want to try to collect all 12 pieces of spooky furniture. Is this possible? It seems that you can only scare each villager once?!

Oxx

tumblr_mvjroaaGqk1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Badge Bear! This is not a good time!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just noticed that my Able Sisters is selling a crown for 1 million bells. Anyone interested in that?

So do I need to be wearing every type of clothing to get it's patched equivalent (do I need to wear a hat to get the patched hat, or a dress to get the patched dress) or will I get all the patched clothing eventually regardless of what I'm wearing? And then if I get the hat I have to take it off to get the pumpkin heads, right?

I'm guessing you'd need to wear the specific type of clothing. And I think you're right on the pumpkin heads too.

So, its halloween. I have 8 villagers in my town (the 9th is leaving tomorrow and not part of the festivities.) I want to try to collect all 12 pieces of spooky furniture. Is this possible? It seems that you can only scare each villager once?!

Make an alt character just for the event. They can partake as well.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've worn the item to get the equivilent patched item so I have the hat (unfortunately I didn't realise it swapped it so I had to reorder my ribboned hat again), shirt, trousers, shoes and dress now.

Patched dress with a pumpkin head looks cool for an instant halloween outfit.

So far I have eight of the creepy items most of them from candy which is lucky.

Need to go out for a quick walk but I should easily get the other two and Jack's head by midnight. ;)

How accurate is Thonky's guide for determining which masks scares which villager?
Worked 100% for me so far.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Before I get started, what should I have in my pockets and clothed?

Quick, I wanna start now! :p
Basically stuff you don't care about.

The tricks will substitute your item so you will lose it.

Why I made sure to take my Dr. Shrunk jacket off the moment I realised.

Would have been gutted if I lost that.

Linius

Gonna save and quit one more time with my alt and then I'll post a list of things I have for trade. So far I'm at 8/10 creepy items. Hopefully I can complete it on my own, otherwise trading.

I have everything else you can get though :D

Curious thing btw, Apple is never in her house. After going in six times combined with my characters she's always outside :p

Linius

So, after almost three hours of playing I'm quite satisfied with this event. Most fun I had with New Leaf since a while today actually since also Emporium opened for me today.

Anyways, I have the complete patched clothing set. All the pumpkin heads. Got two Jack in the Box so I can make use of these sometimes. Got the old floor and wall. And most importantly, everything but one piece from the Creepy set.

I'm missing

- Creepy Coffin

I can trade

- Bat Stone
- Creepy Crystal
- Creepy Wall

So if anyone can do me that trade that would be awesome. I'll be doing some other things tonight so trading will come tomorrow but let me know :)

Wolfe

I think I added you before, but I must have deleted you. I re-added you though.

Sorry dude I had issues hooking up to the internet here at work but I'm all good now, I'll be back to my desk I'm like five minutes if you're still around.

Whew, got every item now, I think.

5 pumpkin heads
Patched dress/shirt/bottoms/shoes/hat
10 creepy items
Jack in the box
Old wallpaper/floor

Did I miss anything?

Got some spares in anyone is interested; no extra Creepy items though (but I could get more with an alt).

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So far, I have all 5 pumpkins, 9/10 creepy furniture. However, they just will not give me some old wallpaper. I have 3 pieces of old flooring instead.... sigh...

UPDATE: As usual when I moan about stuff on the internet, I got it immediately afterwards :D

axisofweevils

What happens if you give Jack a sweet instead of a lollipop? Is it worth doing?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Got:
all pumpkin heads x2
jack in the box x2
old floor and wall x2
patch clothes x1
creepy set x1

Maybe I'll try getting a few spare creepy items with my alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom