• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Decided to grind for some my missing PWPs.

Finally got a request for the Windmill! I've had a spot saved for it forever now.

Even with the swim in the corner while holding only flowers trick, it can sometimes take ages to trigger a request. Luckily today it only required one go!

Unlike the other day where I can't even remember how many times my uchi villager told me about their various magazines ceasing publication.

Decided to grind for some my missing PWPs.

Finally got a request for the Windmill! I've had a spot saved for it forever now.

Even with the swim in the corner while holding only flowers trick, it can sometimes take ages to trigger a request. Luckily today it only required one go!

Unlike the other day where I can't even remember how many times my uchi villager told me about their various magazines ceasing publication.

How do you "grind" for Public Works Projects?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How do you "grind" for Public Works Projects?

First pick which type of villager you need for the project you want. (So for the windmill I needed to grind my uchi villager)

Then dig some holes to trap them, so you always know there they are.

Then fill your pockets with flowers (your tools are also fine). This basically cuts down on the things they'll say to you. No space in your inventory stops them trying to give or sell you things. Items they don't want (like flowers or tools) prevents them trying to buy or swap things with you.

Then swim to the bottom corner of your map and hang there for about 10 minutes while you do something else. This basically forces the game to activate the alert mode of your villagers.

Then it's basically a case of grinding the alert phase until you get a request.

Should note if it's taking ages the game will want to remind you to take a break, which means no alert villagers, so you'll need to talk to a villager to clear this message. Talk to one of your other villagers for this and then go to the villager whose request you want (otherwise you waste a alert cycle)

^ It's how I've been grinding PWPs, got the majority of projects I've been looking for so far that way.

Okay guys, I really need help with something.

There is a spot a villager lives on that I need to be vacant. I used a random Amiibo card to make the person move out, but the replacement villager occupied the same spot :/

So, I used another random Amiibo card, and AGAIN the replacement moved into the same damn spot! :mad:

Is there something I can do to help with this? I heard somewhere that on a new day, I can make a new character temporarily and see where the house is, and if it's in a place I don't want, I could reset and try again?

(FYI I do have plenty of areas with no ground patterns that are large enough for vllagers to move into, and have been using ground patterns for existing vacant areas I need to protect from villagers moving onto.)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not tried the amiibo forcing someone out method, but the new villager trick works like so.

When you know you're getting a new villager moving in the next day, make sure you've saved and quit before the new day begins, otherwise the game will save and you'll have a villager in a spot you don't want.

So it's the new day and you're on the title screen. Using a new villager allows you to go into your town during a state where the game doesn't save progress. You can then walk around and see if the new arrival has moved into a spot you like. If they have, complete the beginning tasks (finding a plot and getting your citizen card) and save. If they are in an undesirable spot just close the game without saving and try again.

Like I said, no idea if this works if you use an Amiibo. You might just have to hope for the old method of cycling through your villagers saying they're going to move.

When you know you're getting a new villager moving in the next day, make sure you've saved and quit before the new day begins, otherwise the game will save and you'll have a villager in a spot you don't want.

So it's the new day and you're on the title screen. Using a new villager allows you to go into your town during a state where the game doesn't save progress. You can then walk around and see if the new arrival has moved into a spot you like. If they have, complete the beginning tasks (finding a plot and getting your citizen card) and save. If they are in an undesirable spot just close the game without saving and try again.

Thanks for the detailed guide.

The villager in the spot I need won't fully move in for 2 more days, but after that I am going to evict them and save the game, wait for the next day, then make a new character and check the spot before saving, much like how you detailed. Will definitely update with results.

Also, I thought I had to wait on a 16 villager cycle to get an evicted villager back that I have an Amiibo card for, but I found this on a wiki about the Welcome Amiibo Update:

Scanning a villager's amiibo will bypass the previous 16 villager cycle, where if a villager moved out the player would have to go through 16 villagers before that villager could move into the town again.

Source: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Welcome_amiibo

So technically, any of these poor souls I brought in from Amiibo Cards that I keep evicting should be able to return relatively quick :) again, will update with results as I see em.
If true, certainly gives me great motivation to get more cards.

Dammit, I missed Joan today. I think I started playing too late (Taipei time). It's now 5pm here.

Anyone want to open their gate for me so I can drop by and buy some turnips?

Don't know if anyone here knows this, but to make things easier, you can turn on your wifi, open your gate, then close your 3DS with it in sleep mode and people can still drop by. Pretty sure that works.

Probably best to plug your 3DS in to charge. Anyone want to try this so I can drop by at the appropriate time for Joan?

Dammit, I missed Joan today. I think I started playing too late (Taipei time). It's now 5pm here.

Anyone want to open their gate for me so I can drop by and buy some turnips?

Don't know if anyone here knows this, but to make things easier, you can turn on your wifi, open your gate, then close your 3DS with it in sleep mode and people can still drop by. Pretty sure that works.

Probably best to plug your 3DS in to charge. Anyone want to try this so I can drop by at the appropriate time for Joan?

Never tried this before, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I'm heading to work right now, but I'm going to leave my 3DS open with my town available for you.

Prices have been in a steady decline for me three times in a row, now.

Worried that my first time playing the Stalk Market seriously, with frequent checking, will end badly. Lol

Glad it worked for you to buy the turnips from my town :D and I wouldn't stress about selling them.

For myself, the ACTurnips reddit is a great resource to use, but most good prices don't show up until Wednesday. If you miss out on a good deal, Saturdays will be a redemption day to sell and avoid a loss for the week. Even if you think you won't use the subreddit, just set your flair up just in case there's a post you want to take advantage of.

I am trying out the Turnips Wizard this week, today my prices were 74 and 70. Most Mondays will give you poop prices, but still curious to see how it advises me through the week. Will still likely sell via reddit.

In villager news, I have confirmed that a villager needs to FULLY move in first before they are kicked out via Amiibo Card. I have someone set to leave tomorrow morning, so now I will see if the New Character trick works with Amiibo-bound villagers to check if the spot I need freed is liberated. Fingers crossed.

Novocaine

Prices have been in a steady decline for me three times in a row, now.

Worried that my first time playing the Stalk Market seriously, with frequent checking, will end badly. Lol

They're 82 today for me going up from 60 something yesterday. I'll keep an eye on it for you.

Suplexer

My girlfriend is INSISTENT on getting that crown that costs a million bells. She has be gaming the island and using the guide that floats around about catching sharks and beetles and she finally hit over one million bells last night.

If anybody has it at their store let me know, I would really appreciate it.

piggychan

My girlfriend is INSISTENT on getting that crown that costs a million bells. She has be gaming the island and using the guide that floats around about catching sharks and beetles and she finally hit over one million bells last night.

There are His and Hers crown btw...not that it really matters

Turnips are now at 62, Wizard says to still hold onto them.

And I'm convinced the Amiibo move-in method won't free up the spot I need :(

I used the New Villager trick to check beforehand 4 times if the space would move somewhere else, and it did not budge from that space I need.

SO THEN, what is the best way to naturally get someone to move out? Just say hi once when they fully move in then never talk to them again?

I'll keep an eye out. Either gender crown is fine?

Suplexer

Turnips are now at 62, Wizard says to still hold onto them.

And I'm convinced the Amiibo move-in method won't free up the spot I need :(

I used the New Villager trick to check beforehand 4 times if the space would move somewhere else, and it did not budge from that space I need.

SO THEN, what is the best way to naturally get someone to move out? Just say hi once when they fully move in then never talk to them again?

I'll keep an eye out. Either gender crown is fine?

She has informed me she would prefer the female crown because she likes how petite it is, thanks.

piggychan

There's another flashing blue circle in the bottom corner of my ACNL app thing. the thing is although I have been playing ACNL at home recently I haven't taken my 3DS out of the home in weeks..

Digby hasn't gotten any new visitors in the HHA showcase either.
WVW69kE9NpUWDLaf88

My Reese is paying 408 bells for Nips'

EDIT

I got Wolf Link in the RV camping grounds if anyone wants to buy any stuff as Savannah is on the move 23rd I might place w.link in her place by tonight.

There's another flashing blue circle in the bottom corner of my ACNL app thing. the thing is although I have been playing ACNL at home recently I haven't taken my 3DS out of the home in weeks..

Digby hasn't gotten any new visitors in the HHA showcase either.
WVW69kE9NpUWDLaf88

My Reese is paying 408 bells for Nips'

EDIT

I got Wolf Link in the RV camping grounds if anyone wants to buy any stuff as Savannah is on the move 23rd I might place w.link in her place by tonight.

408 ?

Any chance I could come visit ?

piggychan

I can order the crown for you will be ready in a few hours if you like.

Top Bottom