• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf to get new content & amiibo Support

JoeM86

https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori/status/755663646802513921
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/paper/index.html
CnyoEU0WcAA1HOb.jpg
CnyoE99XYAAwem0.jpg

Coming this Autumn

Seems scanning cards causes the villagers to come to your village.
Animal Crossing figures are compatible
Also has collaboration with other series amiibo like presumably Callie & Marie

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow - i did not see this coming.
Im scared to go back to my Village though...i abandoned them, hope they arent mad at me :-/

Edit:

Oh its just Amiibo related content ? Pass for me then...nice for people who have many of them though. Wait for Animal Crossing NX continues.,...

SoulUnison

Banned
Maybe it can get a patch based on feedback to fix some of the glaring problems and halfway-features they added into New Leaf.

If they're going to flat out add paying for specific villagers to enter your village, can I maybe just draw my dream Town Map instead of picking from 4 arbitrary random generations?

Can "Housing Lots" please be a Public Works Project that your town must have a minimum of so that I can zone my town as I see fit and never have to worry about an incoming villager ruining fruits or flowers or paths?

Can you make it feel like I'm the mayor instead of this feeling like the most needlessly restrictive entry in the series?

Please?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What surprises me is that we're talking about a (seemingly) substantial update for a 3+ years old game.

Holy shit, seriously? That's unexpected as it is awesome. I already sunk over 600 hours into New Leaf before I finally stopped playing. I could totally go back fro more though.

It would be great if Nintendo did more of this as stop-gap material than some of the rushed spin-offs they've been putting out. I'd love getting new life out of my current games (and amiibo).

Rozart

Omg YESSS.

Seems scanning cards causes the villagers to come to your village.

Yes! My amiibo card collection has now been completely justified!

I wonder if you can invite them to stay in your village or if they'd just pop up as a temporary visitor. My town is already fully packed with my dream villagers though. :(

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Talk about dragging their feet. Still, inspiring that such an old game can still get new content.

(Honestly, I feel like if they spent the time they put into AC HHD and Amiibo Festival into just making a New Leaf+ with some significant content and upgrades instead, they would have had waaaaaaaay more success than they did with those two.)

Welcome update. Been meaning to check in on Isabelle and see how she's running things in my absence.

The AC amiibo seem to be on clearance every time I check, so maybe this is Nintendo's approach to adding better value to those figures. Makes sense.

Kasei

Oh my! I may have to dust off my town...

...and suffer the guilt my villagers inflict upon me. But hey! At least I'm supplanting the guilt from buying all of those Animal Crossing amiibo cards :3

web01

When they introduced the amiibo cards should have been an update for new leaf to begin with. The ignored a massive install base to instead make a pretty shitty spin off which features should be part of a full AC game and certainly not stand alone.

Kind of late. Will retail stores even carry Animal Crossing Amiibo at that time in the US? They're desperately trying to get rid of what they have.

Also can if you can actually get the villagers to move in this would be big.

Robin64

Haha, damn, some of the Animal Crossing amiibo (figures, not cards) are down to around £3 on Amazon UK. Heck, the triple pack is £9. Will just have to nab a few of these...

Edit: Just grabbed Rover, Mabel, Kapp'n, Reese, Cyrus, KK Slider, Kicks, Resetti, Blathers, Timmy & Tommy, Celeste, and Lottie from Amazon UK for £38. Don't even know what figures do, but sod it, not missing out at that price.

jax

Banned
Maybe it can get a patch based on feedback to fix some of the glaring problems and halfway-features they added into New Leaf.

If they're going to flat out add paying for specific villagers to enter your village, can I maybe just draw my dream Town Map instead of picking from 4 arbitrary random generations?

Can "Housing Lots" please be a Public Works Project that your town must have a minimum of so that I can zone my town as I see fit and never have to worry about an incoming villager ruining fruits or flowers or paths?

Can you make it feel like I'm the mayor instead of this feeling like the most needlessly restrictive entry in the series?

Please?
You can achieve all of this and more with hex editing afaik

Busaiku

If I can get Ankha in my village...

But I haven't touched the game in like 3 years...
Is it like Mad Max in there or something...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can finally use that option on the menu screen! What a time to be alive!

Back-porting the Mii costumes from Mario Kart 8 to Mario Kart 7 would be a good one.

They really need to fix that the Isabelle Amiibo doesn't unlock the Animal Crossing outfit in Mario Kart 8 despite her picture being with the costume!

Haha, damn, some of the Animal Crossing amiibo (figures, not cards) are down to around £3 on Amazon UK. Heck, the triple pack is £9. Will just have to nab a few of these...

Edit: Just grabbed Rover, Mabel, Kapp'n, Reese, Cyrus, KK Slider, Kicks, Resetti, Blathers, Timmy & Tommy, Celeste, and Lottie from Amazon UK for £38. Don't even know what figures do, but sod it, not missing out at that price.

Find the Amiibo Festival Bundle for cheap. It comes with Digby and Isabelle Amiibos. You can use all the figures and cards in it.

You may as well complete the set like I did after you get almost all the Amiibo for super cheap.

TheJoRu

Definitely gonna patch in some mobile connectivity there, that's for sure. I reckon this amiibo content update is mostly a "you know, while we're at it..." thing they thought of.

Top Bottom