• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Wii launching in 2008 in Europe

Just got an email from Bergsala (basically Nintendo Norway) with updated european release dates, and it's got Animal Crossing slated for a 2008 release over here!

Code:
Wii

Super Smash Brawl 	AAA 	27/Jun 	Fighting 	Nintendo 	1-4 	12+ 	0045496365981
Baroque 	  	1/Aug 	RPG 	Rising Star Games 	1 	12+ 	5060102951094
Super Swing Golf 	  	8/Aug 	Sport 	Rising Star Games 	1-4 	3+ 	5060102951322
The Incredible Hulk 	AA 	July 	Action/Adventure 	Sega 	1 	12+ 	5060138439108
Warioland: The Shake Dimension 	  	26/Sep 	Platform 	Nintendo 	1 	  	 
Samba De Amigo 	  	Sep 	Action 	Sega 	  	  	5060138438477
Mario Super Sluggers/Mario Baseball 	  	Q3-Q4 	Sport 	Nintendo 	  	  	 
Sonic Unleashed 	  	Q4 	Platform 	Sega 	  	  	5060138440654
Disaster: Day of Crisis 	  	TBC 	Action adventure 	Nintendo 	1 	  	 
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. 	  	TBC 	Action Adventure 	Nintendo 	  	  	 
Harvest Moon Tree of Serenity 	  	TBC 	Simulation 	Rising Star Games 	  	  	 
Wii Music/Wii Orchestra 	  	TBC 	Music 	Nintendo 	  	  	 
Animal Crossing Wii 	  	TBC 	Community 	Nintendo 	  	  	 

Little King’s Story 	  	Q1 	RPG/Adventure 	Rising Star Games 	  	  	 
Mad World 	  	TBC 	Action 	Sega 	  	  	 

DS 	  	  	  	  	  	  	  	  	 

Cooking Guide: Can’t Decide What to Eat? 	AA 	20-Jun* 	Simulation 	Nintendo 	1 	3+ 	0045496467333
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time 	AAA 	4/Jul 	RPG 	Nintendo 	  	3+ 	0045496467128
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness 	AAA 	4/Jul 	RPG 	Nintendo 	  	3+ 	0045496467234
Bakushow (Archime DS) 	  	29/Aug 	Party game 	Rising Star games 	2-4 	3+ 	5060102951049
Guitar Hero® DS Limited Edition Pak 	  	18/Jul 	Music game 	Activision/Nintendo 	1-2 	3+ 	 
PictoImage 	  	Aug 	Party game 	Sega 	1-8 	  	5060138439368
DS Lite Bag Hello Kitty 6-pack              	  	Aug 	Accessories 	ALS 	  	  	 
Dungeon Maker 	  	8/Sep 	RPG 	Rising Star games 	  	  	5060102951179
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon 	  	12/Sep 	RPG/Action 	Rising Star games 	  	12+ 	060102950417
Make 10 	  	26/Sep 	Simulation 	Nintendo 	  	  	 
Harvest Fishing 	A 	26/Sep 	Action 	Rising Star games 	1 	3+ 	5060102950486
Dinosaur King 	  	Sep 	  	Sega 	  	  	5060138438248
Ace Attourney: Trial and Tribulations 	  	3-Oct 	  	Nintendo 	1 	  	 
Naruto: Ninja Council 	  	Oct 	Action 	Nintendo 	  	  	 
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood 	  	Q3-Q4 	RPG Adventure 	Sega 	  	  	5060138439122
Flower Sun and Rain 	  	Oct 	RPG 	Rising Star games 	  	  	5060102951223
Lux Pain 	  	Nov 	RPG/Detective 	Rising Star games 	  	  	5060102951339
Pokémon Platinum 	  	TBC 	RPG 	Nintendo 	  	  	 
DS Novel 	  	TBC 	Reading 	Nintendo 	1 	  	 
Harvest Moon DS 2 	  	TBC 	Simulation 	Nintendo/Rising Star Games 	  	  	 

Aliens: Colonial Marines 	  	TBC 	FPS 	Sega

nofi

FoxHimself said:
Just got an email from Bergsala (basically Nintendo Norway) with updated european release dates, and it's got Animal Crossing slated for a 2008 release over here!

Cool, and I'd forgotten Brawl was out here today! Yay!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
It also has Project HAMMER..doesn't look legit

Dascu

Flower, Sun and Rain DS getting localized is good news.

This list is fairly old though, I'm sure I saw it just a few weeks ago.

Edit: Or perhaps not. This list already has the date for Wario Land Shake It.

painey

this news has just stopped me selling my Wii.. Animal Crossing Wii is the only game i would buy for it this year.

kottila

dkeane said:
Awesome so is Project HAMMER and Disaster!!!!
Isn't this list old and incredibly incorrect?

I think they just put in new dates in the old lists, so the TBC's are there forever.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
kottila said:
I think they just put in new dates in the old lists, so the TBC's are there forever.

That seems very plausible.

thomaser

Doesn't mean a thing. They always put rumoured games at the end of their lists. Maybe to make them more exciting or something.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I guess I'm just used to naturally assuming Europe gets everything a year later cuz it took me a while to realize that 2008 is this year, not next :S

Weisheit

Adumaha said:
I guess I'm just used to naturally assuming Europe gets everything a year later cuz it took me a while to realize that 2008 is this year, not next :S
Wow, until you wrote this I was thinking the exact same thing.:lol

whats up with nintendo? first all these great WiiWare games, now AC this year. So a storage solution is on the way to complete the ultimate awesomeness? F****** great!

Shiggy said:
I would not expect Disaster this year.

In Europe or at all? If it's the former, then yeah, it is looking unlikely. If it's the latter, it's worth pointing out that it was - until a month or so ago - pegged for a July 3 release in Japan. Given that it switched to TBA at a stage when it should have been going gold it seems unlikely that it’s hit development difficulties, and speculation was that it was being delayed in light of recent natural disasters. I’d bet that it will slip a month or two and then re-emerge some time in August or September, in Japan at least.

Polari

Disaster and HAMMER make this list seem a bit sketchy. That said, Animal Crossing this year makes a lot of sense... it's not as if Nintendo has anything else announced for Xmas.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why would Disaster make the list sketchy? It was scheduled for a July release in Japan for a month or so before they yanked it, and by all accounts the game is either virtually done or completely done.

Interesting to see DS Novel show up on a Euro list again. Europe to me seems the least-likely place to release a novel pack, since you have to translate and proofread novels that might not have existing translations in the 5 Euro languages.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
brawl is out today? Had forgotten about the game.

Neomoto

This is great news. Animal Crossing DS did very good in Europe so that must have played a part in this early release. I thought I would had to import from America again (heh, I've imported both the cube and ds version).

catfish said:
brawl is out today? Had forgotten about the game.
Really? I've seen a lot of ads that kept reminding me that "27 june" was it's launch day.

Nicktals

Banned
I'd be a little surprised if both Wii Music and AC made it out this year.

If project H.A.M.M.E.R. hasn't been canned, it'll be really interesting to see how it's been reimagined, and 'casual-ized'.

ivysaur12

Banned
Polari said:
Disaster and HAMMER make this list seem a bit sketchy. That said, Animal Crossing this year makes a lot of sense... it's not as if Nintendo has anything else announced for Xmas.

Disaster... maybe not. Especially if the rumors are true that it was temporarily pulled due to the real natural disasters.

And apparently some NST professor at DigiPen confirmed that HAMMER was still in production.

EDIT:
Despite this report however, Claude Comair, CEO of Nintendo Software Technologies and Founder of the DigiPen Institute of Technology, stated in a talk with his students at the beginning of the Fall 2007 semester that he and NST were still currently working on Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

I'm going to pretend Wikipedia isn't lying as I try to find another source.

Disaster and project Hammer are still on Nintendos global assets drive. I think these games have been delayed due to the success of the Wii.

Haunted One said:
I'm probably the only Nintendo fan who doesn't care for Pokemon or Animal Crossing.

You're not the only one. Animal Crossing is a nice experience, but in the long term it is a little bit boring. I't a multiplayer experience; a social game.

I'm more for the single-palyer gaming. Like Metroid.

Btw, cannot wait for Retro's announcement.

andthebeatgoeson

Haunted One said:
I'm probably the only Nintendo fan who doesn't care for Pokemon or Animal Crossing.

*raises hand* Never played either one of them and have no desire. Fzero GXxx and Wave Race Thrii, please. And RE5ii. (keep hope alive). Max Payne Thrii, as well.

Yeah I'm a bit suspect about this list. Project H.A.M.M.E.R? I thought that was canned?

That said, I do think Animal Crossing will at least be released in Japan in 2008. We heard about it being in development around 2005, so I'm confident it's nearly ready. Hopefully we see something at E3.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
You're not the only one. Animal Crossing is a nice experience, but in the long term it is a little bit boring. I't a multiplayer experience; a social game.

It's awesome as a single player game. One of the best gameplay experiences I've ever had was the original AC. But it needs downloadable content or something. It does get boring after a while.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Haunted One said:

I used to feel the same way about Animal Crossing, but that's because I had never played it. Then I did and ended up loving it. Can't wait for the Wii one.

Jaruru

big leak??? I thought Nintendo would keep this hidden until E3???
but since all of us know that AC Wii is coming, I'm happy to see a DATE now :D

jarrod

Banned
Alex said:
Western releases of Rune Factory Wii this year would be nice.
Not happening, Natsume's too slow (they just announced RF2 actually) and Rising Star follows their localizations for some reason (despite Europe now being HM's biggest market and Nintendo co-publishing).

For American MMV stuff for the rest of the fiscal year (so far), it's...

-Avalon Code (DS) XSEED Games
-Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness (DS) Natsume
-Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (Wii) Natsume
-Ikki Tousen: Shining Dragon (PS2) Valcon Games
-Little King's Story (Wii) XSEED Games
-Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (DS) Natsume
-Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP) XSEED Games

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Night_Trekker said:
It's awesome as a single player game. One of the best gameplay experiences I've ever had was the original AC. But it needs downloadable content or something. It does get boring after a while.

Everything gets boring after awhile

HK-47 said:
Everything gets boring after awhile

AC is its content. When you've seen and bought and done everything, the game is basically over. The game goes from fun to nothing almost instantly at that point.

Sure, you can visit your town to see how things are running, but you already know how things are running: at least one villager you don't know has moved in and out and decided to send you a heartfelt letter about it, there are weeds everywhere (but what's the point of pulling them all up?), Nook is having a super sale on stuff you already own, and everyone is dying to talk to you... and say the same damn things they've been saying for months.

Once you hit the bottom of AC (and it's a depressing thing when it happens because the game is so much fun), there's no reason at all to keep playing, except maybe to show your town off to someone else. Downloadable content could fix that.

rakka

I'm more for the single-palyer gaming. Like Metroid.
Btw, cannot wait for Retro's announcement.
multiplayer games are awesome -- AC's style doesn't do much for me though :p

and yes, hopefully retro delivers.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Night_Trekker said:
AC is its content. When you've seen and bought and done everything, the game is basically over. The game goes from fun to nothing almost instantly at that point.

Sure, you can visit your town to see how things are running, but you already know how things are running: at least one villager you don't know has moved in and out and decided to send you a heartfelt letter about it, there are weeds everywhere (but what's the point of pulling them all up?), Nook is having a super sale on stuff you already own, and everyone is dying to talk to you... and say the same damn things they've been saying for months.

Once you hit the bottom of AC (and it's a depressing thing when it happens because the game is so much fun), there's no reason at all to keep playing, except maybe to show your town off to someone else. Downloadable content could fix that.

But thats happens to alot of games. And AC needs you to sink considerable time to get everything.

Top Bottom