• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animated Diablo Series Coming to Netflix.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/animated-diablo-series-netflix-1202952386/

It looks like Netflix could be adding an animated “Diablo” series to its original programming lineup.

Boom! Studios founder Andrew “Andy” Cosby tweeted on Wednesday that he’s in “final talks” to write and show-run the upcoming series from Activision and Netflix. “It’s very exciting and I hope to the High Heavens it all works out,” he said.

Cosby previously replied to a fan question that inquired as to whether he was involved with Netflix’s then-rumored “Diablo” show, who he had told to check back with him in the future. Unfortunately, the confirmatory tweet has since been deleted, hinting that this was news that likely will be announced in an official capacity at some point in the future.

EDMIX

Bruh Netflix not playing around! lol

They are making deals left and right. Can't wait to see what this show is like.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
They should try Warcraft again

Last edited by a moderator:

Shai-Tan

Banned
I'm not expecting much. There's a lot of projects from Netflix based on pre existing properties that are only barely worth watching. Castlevania was ok but every other instance drawing on games or anime ranged from thoroughly mediocre to too awful to watch for more than 15 minutes.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The need to reboot the lore or at least start from the first cus Diablo III fucked over the lore.

plushyp

The need to reboot the lore or at least start from the first cus Diablo III fucked over the lore.
They should ignore 3. D1 and D2 story is complete in itself without the part 3 crapping all over it. Has all the makings of a classic: tragic heroes (D1) , great party mix (D2) old wise man (Deckard) , atmospheric (Tristram) , ancient evil (Diablo) , grand finale (LoD Worldstone Chamber).

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
They should ignore 3. D1 and D2 story is complete in itself without the part 3 crapping all over it. Has all the makings of a classic: tragic heroes (D1) , great party mix (D2) old wise man (Deckard) , atmospheric (Tristram) , ancient evil (Diablo) , grand finale (LoD Worldstone Chamber).

Agreed. But new age Blizzard wants us to forget their old games by saying they are only great because nostalgia, and the newer ones are much better.

Helios

They should try Warcraft again
Indeed.
clans_4a.jpg

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Guess we should eventually see a CoD series by Activision. Oh god ..

This does sound pretty interesting! Hopefully it’s based around D1/D2.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I hope the story is influenced more in lore and style from D1 and D2.

Please no D3 style storytelling. It was terrible.

Renoir

maaannn.. Im still waiting waiting for Castlevania Pt2. But iam hyped about this always was into the Diablo lore. Looking forward to some sample artworks.

Nymphae

Banned
I haven't really enjoyed anything produced by Netflix (and their constant stream of leftist stand up specials basically drove me to cancel my sub) I gave the Castlevania show a try, and the only thing I remember is that it was really boring and I didn't want to watch more than the first 2 episodes. Hopefully they do this one right.

Elcid

Banned
They can't help but fuck up storylines. Look at what WoW did to WC3...guess we'll find out when we get it, hopefully not Diablo 3 based but we all know it likely will be.

Xenon

People care about the story in Diablo? They should make it so the show has a chance to show you rare bits of dialog when you watch.

mutt765

I really hope they don't screw this up. They could honestly just remake all the cinematics from D2 in 4K and I would be happy.

Tenaciousmo

I've been talking with someone at work who started playing D3 again and can't help the feeling that i want to get back to it. A new season just begun, I haven't touched one of those games in a while, and I really loved diablo 3 gameplay no matter what people say, it was a welcome departure from the cookie mold, 2 viable build / character that was diablo 2.

Realistically optimistic about that show !

Last edited:

ar0s

I haven't really enjoyed anything produced by Netflix (and their constant stream of leftist stand up specials basically drove me to cancel my sub) I gave the Castlevania show a try, and the only thing I remember is that it was really boring and I didn't want to watch more than the first 2 episodes. Hopefully they do this one right.

I ignore all the "comedy" specials but their animation output has been fantastic. Almost single handedly bringing back adult animation.

Fbh

That cool. I've always like the world of diablo more than the gameplay itself (I'm just not big on loot focused games)

Hopefully it's an actual full season and not just 4 episodes like Castlevania

Hudo

Castlevania was surprisingly good. So, I'm all for Netflix cartoons! At least someone is still making them.

JimiNutz

Banned
Of all the Blizzard IP to use Diablo seems the worst pick. Overwatch, Starcraft and Warcraft all seem like better choices.

Zannegan

After their Castlevania show, I fully expect to learn the backstory of how Diablo was just looking for love and acceptance when those rascally druids picked his girl for sacrifice. It's all a misunderstanding.

Top Bottom