• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Gorlak

Banned

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

Is my perturbed bartender mantis not kawaii enough for you, Gorlak-sama?

squidyj

please for the love of god when the game starts I just want to be able to read the fucking thread, not walls of gifs and anime images.

Gorlak

Banned
squidyj being the party pooper yet again

Don't worry friends I got something for him:

you can always put me on ignore pooper, no reason to ruin the mood

And now let's enjoy the game ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

squidyj being the party pooper yet again

Don't worry friends I got something for him:

you can always put me on ignore pooper, no reason to ruin the mood

And now let's enjoy the game ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

God, to this day Shinji remains the most unbearable main character in a series ever

Of course I have to leave for a meeting right when we're starting.

Don't plan my death without me. Or at all. Don't plan my death at all.

Burbeting

Banned
Opening Tune, because every anime needs one

EPISODE 1 – IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM THERE ARE SCUM IN THIS TOWN, RIGHT? BAKA.

So the day has arrived. Birds are flying in the sky, moe high school girls are late from school with bread in their mouths and... wait, that's not an anime schoolgirl!

tumblr_mmnlh4eDdS1r215p2o1_500.gif

Anyway... Ourobolus, aka. Yosuke Hanamura was actually found dead in the Anime Land this morning! Of course someone was responsible! What do you say, principal Sophia?

labrys_sd_wtf.png

Err... maybe we should lynch people who we think are responsible?

labrys_what_could_go_wrong.jpg

...Okay, let's not ask for her opinion ever again. We'll just lynch, no matter if it's a good idea or not!

Day 1 Begins

cya_1492894800.png

Majority is 12

Remember, that in this game the activity guidelines is 10 posts per player in a day phase (so not during a IRL day).

VOTE: No Lynch

I mean, we have basically nothing to go on at this point, right? Unless someone has a daytime ability to activate (is that even a thing?) we're kinda blind firing here.

Not going to bother shit posting this time.

Just want to comment on the set up.

I noticed that each of us were assigned genders. There's likely a mechanic in this game that plays into that.

Until we know what those mechanics are everyone should avoid revealing their role's gender.

Even giving up the name of your role could end up working against you.

Not going to bother shit posting this time.

Just want to comment on the set up.

I noticed that each of us were assigned genders. There's likely a mechanic in this game that plays into that.

Until we know what those mechanics are everyone should avoid revealing their role's gender.

Even giving up the name of your role could end up working against you.

Yeah, I noticed that too. There are most likely abilities that can only work with specific genders.

Also, this game was designed by burbeting-sama which means there is certainly a 100% chance of hidden gossip chats being in play.

So, if you are town and you share a chat with someone whose alignment you don't know for a fact, that person is scum and you should tell us who they are.

cabot

Also, this game was designed by burbeting-sama which means there is certainly a 100% chance of hidden gossip chats being in play.

So, if you are town and you share a chat with someone whose alignment you don't know for a fact, that person is scum and you should tell us who they are.

I thought you said no shitposting?

Poltergust what do you expect by No Lynching, the alternative is wait and see and relying on PRs to deliver I guess?

SkyOdin

Okay, immediate cop claims are worth an automatic vote, even if made in jest.

Vote: squidyj

Thank squidy newbies, I was about to put pressure on one of you.

I thought you said no shitposting?

Poltergust what do you expect by No Lynching, the alternative is wait and see and relying on PRs to deliver I guess?

I mean, it's the beginning of the game and nothing has happened yet besides squidyj maybe being a cop (?). I doubt we'll ultimately end up lynching no one by the end of the day, but that vote represents my current opinion of where the game is at right now.

I'm all for the players with abilities to do their stuff before we jump the gun. I'm not sure how many Mafia members there are compared to town members, but we certainly have a large chance of targeting someone innocent if we go into it blindly.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Have any bold new strategies for the first day been developed in the last 9 months?

On top of the day 1 lynch/no lynch, we also have the "do we want to do peeking" discussion.

cabot

I mean, it's the beginning of the game and nothing has happened yet besides squidyj maybe being a cop (?). I doubt we'll ultimately end up lynching no one by the end of the day, but that vote represents my current opinion of where the game is at right now.

I'm all for the players with abilities to do their stuff before we jump the gun. I'm not sure how many Mafia members there are compared to town members, but we certainly have a large chance of targeting someone innocent if we go into it blindly.

OK.

I just thought your No Lynch was a stance for the day, but it seems more of a 'not right now' sort of thing.

Any particular reason you did it instead of just not voting anyone? you just couldnt wait for that red text could you

Haly

No sane cop would announce their identity right off the bst, Which leaves us an insane cop, who is a liability to town.

This is iffy reasoning. Reckless is not the same thing as insane!

OK.

I just thought your No Lynch was a stance for the day, but it seems more of a 'not right now' sort of thing.

Any particular reason you did it instead of just not voting anyone? you just couldnt wait for that red text could you

Let me feel like I'm doing something. :<

Bowlie

Banned
I want a Fast & Furious Mafia now.

--

I feel you, especially less than 10 minutes in when you voted, but you could have not voted at all too.

---

What is peeking?

Haly

pointlessness and peeking?

I hate these two posts.

I'll wait for people to check in before voting thanks. Not going to do the whole "i hate day 1 rabble rabble" thing again.

cabot

I'll wait for people to check in before voting thanks. Not going to do the whole "i hate day 1 rabble rabble" thing again.

VOTE: Haly

did you peek that one coming?

giphy.gif

What is peeking?

Peeking is a 'sick mafia strat' where everyone gives a peek result which usually is someone calling someone else town.

If everyone does it, it's seen as a way for the cop to post results fairly obviously without being caught out by scum

SkyOdin

What is peeking?
Basically, it is a strategy where everyone agrees to say that they peeked at another specified player during the night phase. For example, next day phase I would say that I peeked at cabot during the night phase.

The premise is that a real cop would post their actual investigation results in the open under the cover of the peeks, and if the cop gets killed, we can go back and clear people by going over the cop's peeks. Of course, if the cop does find scum, they can role-claim and say so directly.

This plan only works if everyone makes a peek, and everyone agrees to disregard the peeks as meaningless in of themselves.

SkyOdin

are you saying my role is insane cop and I know this?
Well, that was a wisecrack, but we do live in the post-Ace Attorney Mafia era. Even if you are a cop, it doesn't mean that you are not a Serial Killer. Claiming off the bat betrays an ulterior motive, which makes me wary.

Top Bottom