• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters
Christ. This season (next month) is terrible. I'm only watching Monster Musume no Oisha-san. Corona chan fuck you.

Wtf. Re:Zero Season 2 is a hyper must-see, it's bigger than the finale of Attack on Titan.

Deca-dence could be nice, too, and The God of High School looks like hype fun, too.

Certainly better than current season.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The God of High School looks like hype fun, too.
Read a few chapters or so years ago. It didn't grab me. TBF the only Korean comic I've liked to date was ToG but even then God of HS is a standard battle "shonen". Can't believe "rent a gf" got an anime as well. That manga is straight up trash.

Certainly better than current season.
I watched 4 shows this season, I may give the anime original a try but even then I'll only be watching 2 shows next season. So not to me.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Manhwa/Manhua I have read
Volcanic Age, Circle Zero's otherworldly hero business, The Archmage's Daughter, Daughter of the Emperor, As you wish Prince, A stepmother mom and children, Americano-Exodus, Beware of the Villainess, Charlotte has 5 disciples, I was born as the demon lord's daughter, IRIS - Lady with a Smartphone, Survive as the hero's wife, The Black-haired Princess, The Duchess with an Empty Soul, The Duchess of 50 Tea Recipes, The Emperor's Companion, The Evil Lady will change, The Great Mage Returns after 4000 years, The Hero is a girl ?!, The Monster Duchess and the Contact Princess, The stereotypical life of a reincarnated lady, The Villainess Reverses the hourglass, You look quite pretty, I am my wife, I shall become the queen, Mori Xingguang, Oh no I swapped bodies with an anti-fan, Release that witch, CHANGE, Mu You Cai Se, The Abandoned Empress(if you can read this, you have attained buddha, good luck), The Exploding Girl, Who made me a prindess, 'Cherry boy , that girl', Muyong Jiyong, Baizi yu monu
Read Volcanic Age

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Never heard of it... let me look it up.

oKufeC0.png

Ix7X1x6.png

9POBGgi.gif

I actually have Code Geass on my ptw list...hmmmm :pie_thinking:
Lol that's why I asked. The dub is safe to watch btw.

Donwel

Neo Member
Uh...should I watch Sword Art Online? Its rating on MAL is conspicuously low despite the immense amount of people that have watched it.

wdE9jb8.png

And for something much more obscure, is Towa no Quon worth watching? Watched a trailer, but it seems kinda simple.
The best way to enjoy SAO is either by playing the games, or by bashing your head against a brick wall while someone screams the light novels at you.
The reason it's so popular is because it's babbys first anime, much like Dragonball was back in the day.

brap

Banned
The best way to enjoy SAO is either by playing the games, or by bashing your head against a brick wall while someone screams the light novels at you.
The reason it's so popular is because it's babbys first anime, much like Dragonball was back in the day.
At least DB was good.

Great news!
It's got Re Zero and Oregairu which is better than anything that aired spring season.
Preach. Oregairu alone redeems the entire season for me. But there's Re Zero and Fire Force too which is more than enough for me. No really, I'm satisfied with this season even though there is little to no mecha show like usual.

Labolas

I must be the only user here who is behind the times on Anime as I enjoy the 90s/early 2000s anime.

こんにちは、オタク仲間!
Eh, I mean, there was a time where I was just consuming older anime and was pretty much like fuck new anime. I definitely get where you're coming. I still prefer my older anime over the newer stuff. I love stuff like Bubblegum Crisis, Burn Up Excess, Birdy the Mighty, Golden Boy, Read or Die over the vast majority of newer stuff that comes out nowadays
Some more of my art

E96LBc7.jpg

Damn you're good. Way better than I was before I stopped. You made a really good X-23. Better than some of her comic renditions. Keep it up the good work.

Also Re:Creators. I really enjoyed my time with it. There definitely were tear-jerker moments. Everything clicked for the most part imo. The music, the animation, and most of the characters were great. It was a really cool concept that actually worked. I was pleasantly surprised. But man, the meat of the story, the reason why the story's happening, namely Sota and Altair, didn't work for me. Sota was completely forgettable and could have replaced him with one of the artists and It wouldn't have made a difference. Altair, as a villain, was shit. You have a character killing others in cold blood and somehow she isn't a bad person for it. She's forgiven. Her powers were Deus ex as hell. She was willing to sacrifice the world for one person and she gets to have a happy ending. Her back story didn't make her any more sympathetic. I'm like, "Yeah, I still don't like you and you still deserved to be killed off." Rant over. I still thought everything wrapped up pretty well. And I could see why so many people this as their AOTY when it came out. 8/10.

Last edited:

O-N-E

This would be the perfect theme song for Rachel.

Edit: Although this version is probably more appropriate:

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Baki season 3. Boy, Ali jr. was treated like such a jobber. Almost to the point, it felt insulting.
Essentially everybody that isn't Baki or his dad will get treated like shit. Specially non-japanese people aka dogs in the eyes of the mangaka.

kiiltz

i was binge watching dia no ace before i decided that the only good thing about baseball is that it isnt cricket

also checked out the first ep of hentai heroes and hearing kiritos voice made me literally uncontrollably

also also was rewatching a bit of nozaki-kun and that is :messenger_ok:

Labolas

Finished TOG. Eh
, Rachel's betrayal didn't cut deep enough for me to care. And I kinda can see where she's coming from. I don't hate her but I don't like her either.
Bam kinda sucks as a protag and felt like a typical shonen protag at times. The world itself more interesting than Bam. I don't know if I care enough to continue after this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom