• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 25 17.2%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 13 9.0%

• Total voters

Exede

Oct 19, 2019
This time not art. After years i've returned to Gunpla. All kits are panel lined and coated with matte coat. The Strike Freedom has also the gold parts recolored couse the runners came with 3 different and not so nice looking gold shades.

Haters gonna hate, the Gundam designs of Seed/Destiny are awesome.

Khalid M.

Nov 8, 2018
This time not art. After years i've returned to Gunpla. All kits are panel lined and coated with matte coat. The Strike Freedom has also the gold parts recolored couse the runners came with 3 different and not so nice looking gold shades.

Haters gonna hate, the Gundam designs of Seed/Destiny are awesome.
Great kits! The designs in Seed/Destiny are awesome indeed.

I'd buy more Gunpla if I had proper display space.... every now and then I get really tempted by a kit (the MG Gundam Virtue was revealed) but I find myself asking "is this really the best choice for that free spot?".

Exede

Oct 19, 2019
Great kits! The designs in Seed/Destiny are awesome indeed.

I'd buy more Gunpla if I had proper display space.... every now and then I get really tempted by a kit (the MG Gundam Virtue was revealed) but I find myself asking "is this really the best choice for that free spot?".
Just built RGs so far. Ordered 2 new ones already, the RG Astray Red Frame and RG Astray Gold Frame Amaterasu.

Any chance of a pic of your collection?

SinDelta

May 21, 2020
Okay the ending to Watadamashi-hen was weird and completely different from the original. Now I am not sure if it was Mion or Shion at the end.
I remember watching the original anime. What does this one do different?

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
I remember watching the original anime. What does this one do different?
Well there are a lot of differences.
Firstly this is not a remake but a sequel. Each arc has a "damashi" at the end("damashi" means "to deceive"), so Onikakushi-hen is Onidamashi-hen and Watanagashi-hen is Watadamashi-hen. There is a possible Umineko connection because of the references in the OP

That has to be Featherine.
Apart from the minor stuffs I noticed
  • Keiichi is not hallucinating but Rena is being creepy anyways.
  • Keiichi did not meet Takano(that was what triggered his symptoms)
  • Tomitake is not dead but "missing".
The major difference was that Rena almost hacked Keiichi to death but Keiichi killed her with a clock(Mion didnt die). That may be a hallucination by Keiichi since theres no way he survived being stabbed 20 times and with that much blood while Rena died from being hit by a clock.
Many more minor changes, but at the end Mion(or was it still Shion this time) locks Keiichi in the Sonozaki basement jail and later they found at that all Sonozaki family members in the well(where they dump bodies) and Rika in the septic tank. As for Mion(or Shion) and Satoko

Here is a video of minor changes in Episode 2
They are both batshit insane.
Only Shion is. In the original story Mion is the only one among the main cast who never went insane, got the disease or killed anyone. Now I am not sure if it was Mion at the end of Watadamashi-hen, but if it was then she was still way more sane than L5 Shion or Rena.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

Labolas

Jan 18, 2015
Just watched the first episode of Cannon Busters... and I'm done with it. I don't know I should love it. It's an imitation of Outlaw Star, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop, but it feels like a poor man's version of those shows. The animation is mediocre and average. The characters aren't interesting and the setting feels like a rip off of Outlaw Star. The OP and ending songs were very meh and I really didn't like them. This show looks like it came out in 2005. Almost every review posted about this show praising it, calling diverse and fun but it's just a bland, uninteresting, and mediocre show. This is getting a hard pass from me.

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
This is apparently getting adapted which is horrible.

Why you ask? Because the first "part" is goddamn amazing and then it just disappoints you in every way possible to the point I wish I've never even read it in the first place. :)

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
This is apparently getting adapted which is horrible.

Why you ask? Because the first "part" is goddamn amazing and then it just disappoints you in every way possible to the point I wish I've never even read it in the first place. :)
If you posted a spoiler I hate you.

Was planning on reading that.

Reactions: Kumomeme

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
If you posted a spoiler I hate you.

Was planning on reading that.
Not a spoiler for anything significant at all. Except that ofc this manga becomes kusoge tier after so a certain point to a point where you feel like you wasted your time reading it.

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
This weeks Elaina's episode made no sense to me considering how she cared about a random girl when she's let people literally become fertilizer before.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Bernkastel