• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

Exede

This time not art. After years i've returned to Gunpla. All kits are panel lined and coated with matte coat. The Strike Freedom has also the gold parts recolored couse the runners came with 3 different and not so nice looking gold shades.

gzBipAE.jpg

Haters gonna hate, the Gundam designs of Seed/Destiny are awesome.

This time not art. After years i've returned to Gunpla. All kits are panel lined and coated with matte coat. The Strike Freedom has also the gold parts recolored couse the runners came with 3 different and not so nice looking gold shades.

gzBipAE.jpg

Haters gonna hate, the Gundam designs of Seed/Destiny are awesome.
Great kits! The designs in Seed/Destiny are awesome indeed.

I'd buy more Gunpla if I had proper display space.... every now and then I get really tempted by a kit (the MG Gundam Virtue was revealed) but I find myself asking "is this really the best choice for that free spot?".

Exede

Great kits! The designs in Seed/Destiny are awesome indeed.

I'd buy more Gunpla if I had proper display space.... every now and then I get really tempted by a kit (the MG Gundam Virtue was revealed) but I find myself asking "is this really the best choice for that free spot?".
Just built RGs so far. Ordered 2 new ones already, the RG Astray Red Frame and RG Astray Gold Frame Amaterasu.

Any chance of a pic of your collection?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I remember watching the original anime. What does this one do different?
Well there are a lot of differences.
Firstly this is not a remake but a sequel. Each arc has a "damashi" at the end("damashi" means "to deceive"), so Onikakushi-hen is Onidamashi-hen and Watanagashi-hen is Watadamashi-hen. There is a possible Umineko connection because of the references in the OP
0i7pyt.gif

cu5og1.gif

e30ebb1e0d61f34d4c341d5260512dfbf362746ae21671cf3c0fa9e2df03206e.png

That has to be Featherine.
Apart from the minor stuffs I noticed
  • Keiichi is not hallucinating but Rena is being creepy anyways.
  • Keiichi did not meet Takano(that was what triggered his symptoms)
  • Tomitake is not dead but "missing".
The major difference was that Rena almost hacked Keiichi to death but Keiichi killed her with a clock(Mion didnt die). That may be a hallucination by Keiichi since theres no way he survived being stabbed 20 times and with that much blood while Rena died from being hit by a clock.
Many more minor changes, but at the end Mion(or was it still Shion this time) locks Keiichi in the Sonozaki basement jail and later they found at that all Sonozaki family members in the well(where they dump bodies) and Rika in the septic tank. As for Mion(or Shion) and Satoko
sx216p.png

Here is a video of minor changes in Episode 2

They are both batshit insane.
Only Shion is. In the original story Mion is the only one among the main cast who never went insane, got the disease or killed anyone. Now I am not sure if it was Mion at the end of Watadamashi-hen, but if it was then she was still way more sane than L5 Shion or Rena.

Last edited:

Labolas

Just watched the first episode of Cannon Busters... and I'm done with it. I don't know I should love it. It's an imitation of Outlaw Star, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop, but it feels like a poor man's version of those shows. The animation is mediocre and average. The characters aren't interesting and the setting feels like a rip off of Outlaw Star. The OP and ending songs were very meh and I really didn't like them. This show looks like it came out in 2005. Almost every review posted about this show praising it, calling diverse and fun but it's just a bland, uninteresting, and mediocre show. This is getting a hard pass from me.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This is apparently getting adapted which is horrible.
VzwKjKp.png

Why you ask? Because the first "part" is goddamn amazing and then it just disappoints you in every way possible to the point I wish I've never even read it in the first place. :)

O-N-E

VzwKjKp.png

Why you ask? Because the first "part" is goddamn amazing and then it just disappoints you in every way possible to the point I wish I've never even read it in the first place. :)

If you posted a spoiler I hate you.

Was planning on reading that.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
If you posted a spoiler I hate you.

Was planning on reading that.
Not a spoiler for anything significant at all. Except that ofc this manga becomes kusoge tier after so a certain point to a point where you feel like you wasted your time reading it.

-Minsc-

Boroto: Naruto Next Generations - Beyond The Limits (of animation)

Here's one of the good episodes. Good progression and animation. A nice episode to jump into for anyone wanting to just see the cool stuff. If one wants a little bit of backstory then jump in at episode 166 and go from there. It's currently still free on CR.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This weeks Elaina's episode made no sense to me considering how she cared about a random girl when she's let people literally become fertilizer before.

Guilty_AI

Finished reading the new Haruhi novel.
I was a bit nervous with what the author would pull after 9 years but thankfully it was a pretty low-key story.
It also foreshadows a bit of whats to come, i just hope it doesn't take another 9 years for that

Last edited:

Bernkastel

well, I'm still in the beginning of ep2 but i sorta figured she was involved in some yakuza-like organization
You should also read or watch the original since this is essentially a sequel. Mion never held a gun in the original.
In the original story in Watanagashi-hen they showed Village Chief and Oryo(Sonoaki grandma) dead, Rika died by stabbing herself in the head repeatedly(or else Mion would take her to torture chamber), Satoko stabbed in front of Shion locked up in a cell, Shion broke her neck and died due to losing her grip and falling while climbing down the ladder in the well in Sonozaki torture chamber, Keiichi tortured tied up in the Sonozaki torture chamber and finally stabbed by her and dying two days later in the hospital and finally Mion fell from her apartment and died by breaking her neck. But in Meakashi-hen it is revealed that it was Shion all along. Shion dressed up as Mion after locking her up and then killed everyone as Mion. Mion never killed anyone or got the disease in the original story.
In Higurashi Gou in Watadamashi-hen Mion locks up Keiichi to protect him and then takes out a gun to confront "them". We don't know if Mion finally got the disease in Watadamashi-hen or she was actually completely sane all along.

Guilty_AI

You should also read or watch the original since this is essentially a sequel. Mion never held a gun in the original.
I meant ep2 of the VN (apparently its ch2 rather than ep2, but on my shortcut it was written as ep for some reason).

In the updated sprite of Mion she doesn't carry a gun, but when i switched for the original for the kicks i noticed she carried one, and then i remembered she also carried on in the original anime.

1412386584-mion-casual-blush-comparison.png

ejiJ5a3.png

Last edited:

Bernkastel

I meant ep2 of the VN (apparently its ch2 rather than ep2, but on my shortcut it was written as ep for some reason).

In the updated sprite of Mion she doesn't carry a gun, but when i switched for the original for the kicks i noticed she carried one, and then i remembered she also carried on in the original anime.

1412386584-mion-casual-blush-comparison.png

ejiJ5a3.png
She never actually used the gun. I read the fan translation by Witch Hunt group back in 2011(after watching the anime) which didnt have the new Mangagamer sprites. I honestly never thought about the gun she strapped back then. The gun thing was only made prominent in the new 2020 anime(since she actually uses it this time). And I found this
By the way enjoy the VN.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

She never actually used the gun. I read the fan translation by Witch Hunt group back in 2011(after watching the anime) which didnt have the new Mangagamer sprites. I honestly never thought about the gun she strapped back then. The gun thing was only made prominent in the new 2020 anime(since she actually uses it this time). And I found this
By the way enjoy the VN.
Reading around apparently it really is just a BB gun, and updated sprites removed it from the outfit exactly because it confused people. It most likely was just an aesthetic choice by the artist to make her look more yakuza-ish.

Its a good VN so far, it seems there was some controversy with the mangagamer version because they modified some of the original soundtrack and sound effects in 2019, but at the very least i still thought the sound design and music were pretty good even before knowing they changed stuff.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Cutty Flam

Banned
I may have another project to consider for One Piece that I may or may not take on at some point, just for fun btw

To rank the contributions of each Straw Hat each Straw Hat Pirate, after the main core of Luffy, Zoro, Usopp, Sanji, Nami is formed. So that would mean, Loguetown I think it is

I was thinking since there's no way to actually tell, as it's all subjective, that I was create sort of a rating system to determine who contributed the most meaningful help to guide Luffy and the rest of the crew to their goals and past the dangerous adventure at hand, for every arc. Time consuming, and I can't guarantee it would be finished anytime soon, but I have a rigorous scoring / grading system to assess each official member of the Straw Hats during each arc

Not sure if I would want to.....actually yeah, I'm also going to include the ranking of the help provided by prominent (and I'm talking really prominent) allies that are as good as part of the crew. Unofficial members who are as good as official. There are some that many would consider there to be at least a couple unofficial members of the Mugiwara Pirates at the moment so I'll definitely include them as well if I decide to chip away at this massive project. All of this would essentially call for me to closely absorb and consider anything and everything that is presented in the anime/manga so it might be something I could do all the time or whenever

@SLoWMoTIoN

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I may have another project to consider for One Piece that I may or may not take on at some point, just for fun btw

To rank the contributions of each Straw Hat each Straw Hat Pirate, after the main core of Luffy, Zoro, Usopp, Sanji, Nami is formed. So that would mean, Loguetown I think it is

I was thinking since there's no way to actually tell, as it's all subjective, that I was create sort of a rating system to determine who contributed the most meaningful help to guide Luffy and the rest of the crew to their goals and past the dangerous adventure at hand, for every arc. Time consuming, and I can't guarantee it would be finished anytime soon, but I have a rigorous scoring / grading system to assess each official member of the Straw Hats during each arc

Not sure if I would want to.....actually yeah, I'm also going to include the ranking of the help provided by prominent (and I'm talking really prominent) allies that are as good as part of the crew. Unofficial members who are as good as official. There are some that many would consider there to be at least a couple unofficial members of the Mugiwara Pirates at the moment so I'll definitely include them as well if I decide to chip away at this massive project. All of this would essentially call for me to closely absorb and consider anything and everything that is presented in the anime/manga so it might be something I could do all the time or whenever

@SLoWMoTIoN

Brap's your OP man. Sadly he got booted til January.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Brap's your OP man. Sadly he got booted til January.
Don’t worry bro. brap brap , AKA, Captain Buggy-sama, will be at his strongest upon his return for ages to come

As for One Piece, you are also a lifetime fan. Only you wont recognize nor admit it just yet. Let me explain:

jRCuVwt.jpg

If you enjoy that picture, you are a fan of One Piece. One day you’ll pick back up where you left up, and when you do....You’re going to look up in the sky and see a shooting star, as well as shed a tear, and tell yourself, “Damn, he was right. This IS my favorite manga/anime” and enjoy each chapter of the story more thoroughly than the next

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Again

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear is terrible but this girl isn't.
atla-investigating-something.jpg

We need more brown busty girls in anime/games.

Komatsu

VzwKjKp.png

What manga is this?

Top Bottom