• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.3%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 38.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 36 17.8%

• Total voters

Celcius

°Temp. member
I started watching Konosuba and this show is so funny ahahaha
I watched the whole first season today and next up is season 2. I wish I had known about this show last year so that I could have seen the movie in theaters.

Sakura

In terms of new stuff, there's always something good every year, but the surprise standout is Attack on TItan. At this point, for me, as long as they stick the landing, it might take the top spot for #1 anime and one of the best pieces of entertainment (knocking out Fullmetal Alchemist, Kill La Kill, Tatami Galaxy, etc.).
AoT is ok, but I'm not a fan of series which frequently use time skips to advance the story, and I find titans fighting other titans to be pretty damn boring. I think the series was at it's most interesting in the beginning, personally.

Cutty Flam

Banned
10 episodes for East Blue?

So an episode to establish Luffy and Shanks interspersed with Coby and Alvida, 1-2 episodes for Zoro and Morgan, one episode for Buggy (could be skipped I guess), two episodes for Usopp, Kaya, and Kuro (the Kuro twist being at the end of the first episode), 1-2 episodes for Sanji and Baratie, 2 episodes for Nami and Arlong, and 1-2 episodes for Loguetown and Reverse Mountain (seeing Laboon is a good season cliffhanger).

It is going to feel rushed as fuck if they try to fit in backstory and development for all the East Blue Strawhats, and will feel disjointed if they do not. There is going to be a load of CGI between Luffy, Buggy, Krieg, Arlong and the other fishmen, and Smoker, and I can't see it being good.
Compared to what we're getting with the manga (from what I've heard, I still haven't read an entire chapter / I intend to buy the entire collection one day--all volumes) and the anime, there's no way they don't butcher it from our perspective. Anime and manga is next level. Even the most godly of actors and their performances can't do it justice; the CGI would have to be just as seamless as their performances. The attention to detail simply wont be there, unfortunately. It's there to expand the audience; which is great, but if they under-perform.....it's just a shame imo. One Piece is my favorite, I don't want to see it slighted in any way

It might be like the Death Note movie is what I'm thinking in which case, they'll only hear it from devout fans of what a terrible project they've accomplished. Nothing can hurt the anime or manga, it's legendary. The only thing that can be hurt, is the reputations of those involved in creating the Netflix version....

If they fuck up, I'll remember their names....And if they ever cross my path, best believe I'm talking mad shit to their face lololol

I tend to like shounen more than most anime, but I watch other shows too. I mean, I’ve been watching anime since around 2000 (as a casual) and became a diehard fan of the genre in 2003 starting with my viewing of Witch Hunter Robin. I really don’t watch as much anime as I used to, so I gravitate to what I enjoy the most (shounen), but I like to mix it up too. People probably frown upon me being a shounen and dub fan, but fuck it. I like what I like.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
I tend to like shounen more than most anime, but I watch other shows too. I mean, I’ve been watching anime since around 2000 (as a casual) and became a diehard fan of the genre in 2003 starting with my viewing of Witch Hunter Robin. I really don’t watch as much anime as I used to, so I gravitate to what I enjoy the most (shounen), but I like to mix it up too. People probably frown upon me being a shounen and dub fan, but fuck it. I like what I like.
I'm sorry if my posts made you insecure. If you watch Jojo dubbed I'll have an aneurysm though. :messenger_grimmacing_
I like shounen but the new shit just looks like shit.

brap

Banned
Okay then. Tell me what shounen did you like?
One Piece, YYH, DBZ, Tokyo Guru, Jojo, Kinnikuman, Yu Gi Oh Season 0, School Rumble, Shaman King, The Law of Ueki, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Bakuman
Am I now allowed to hate japanese capeshit?

Mista

Banned
One Piece, YYH, DBZ, Tokyo Guru, Jojo, Kinnikuman, Yu Gi Oh Season 0, School Rumble, Shaman King, The Law of Ueki, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Bakuman
Am I now allowed to hate japanese capeshit?
FUCK OFF BRAP! I was just curious. Did the question hurt your anime ego or the fucking weeb inside you?!

brap

Banned
FUCK OFF BRAP! I was just curious. Did the question hurt your anime ego or the fucking weeb inside you?!
Idk why you were even asking in the first place lmao. I mean it's pretty obvious why somebody wouldn't like Boku no Hero Acamemeia

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you watch Jojo dubbed I'll have an aneurysm though. :messenger_grimmacing_
This is brap brap right now

BEAKER_FREAKOUT.gif

My wife and I picked up the first season of JoJo on blu ray and absolutely loved it so we're going to watch them all. We're almost at the end of season 2.

Nobody has time to read all that shit, and the dub is pretty funny nonetheless.

Fushitsusha

Banned
Anyone seen Claymore and would recommend? Mista I asked you about Berserk anime last year and I did end up watching it all and it indeed became more entertaining thanks to the source material. I've heard Claymore being compared to Berserk.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
This is brap brap right now

BEAKER_FREAKOUT.gif

My wife and I picked up the first season of JoJo on blu ray and absolutely loved it so we're going to watch them all. We're almost at the end of season 2.

Nobody has time to read all that shit, and the dub is pretty funny nonetheless.
I love how you guys think glancing at the bottom of a screen for a split second is a chore. Enjoy all the shitty name changes too!

Mista

Banned
Idk why you were even asking in the first place lmao. I mean it's pretty obvious why somebody wouldn't like Boku no Hero Acamemeia
No. You were just shitting on everyones taste so I was curious to know your superior taste mr king of anime

Mista

Banned
Anyone seen Claymore and would recommend? Mista I asked you about Berserk anime last year and I did end up watching it all and it indeed became more entertaining thanks to the source material. I've hear Claymore being compared to Berserk, so...
Mention me next time so I never miss whenever you talk to me

Did you like Berserk? .. Claymore is a great anime I like it so much

But ask Brap since he got the superior taste

Fbh

Anyone seen Claymore and would recommend? Mista I asked you about Berserk anime last year and I did end up watching it all and it indeed became more entertaining thanks to the source material. I've heard Claymore being compared to Berserk.

The anime is great but doesn't cover the whole story so you'll have to switch over to manga if you want to finish it.
It's fun but IMO it definitely peaked early (the part covered by the anime is the best one), the rest is ok but nothing amazing. The art is pretty great though

Last edited:
I love MHA. Fuck the haters. It has consistently made me emotionally invested in the characters and brought me to literal tears countless times.

I'm rooting for Mirio to become the greatest hero. Midorya is a smart lunatic though.

Mirio's cool. I like quite a few characters as the top hero. Todoroki, Bakugo, Midoriya. I wish they'd give Iida something cool to do. He hasn't really done shit since the fight with Stain.

O-N-E

I like the big hands as an artistic choice. Eyes are big and hands are big because those are some of the main tools for humans to express themselves.

FemaleUglyBaldeagle-small.gif

Last edited:

Katsura

I like the big hands as an artistic choice. Eyes are big and hands are big because those are some of the main tools for humans to express themselves.
To me there is a difference between big hands and man hands though. I suspect there is some weird fetish behind it

Top Bottom