• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I see. Not going to argue it. It's all subjective. I enjoyed it a lot. I was rewatching it just a few months ago. I think it's visually really impressive(when the a team animators are on it) It's not particuallry deep but it tries I guess? lol. I found it good enough script-wise. Idk. I think it hit at a good time for me as well. I watched it as it came out and it felt "deep and mysterious" at the time. It reminds me a little bit of Rahxephon in that respect. Another show I love.
That was that mecha anime right?

Sakura

>when you're reading a mango and there's a million untranslated things and a bunch of translation notes equivalent to 'keikaku means plan'
Might as well learn moon runes than read this retarded shit.
I can kind of understand it when a word doesn't have an equivalent in English, but I remember when I was a pleb who couldn't read Japanese, seeing words like 'kumi' left untranslated with an annotation saying kumi means group, and thinking, well why didn't you just write group then?
So I'm on the last few episodes of Re:Zero. Brilliant show. It starts off comical and retains that but also gets really dark and dramatic at times. I knew nothing going in other than that it was well regarded. Also twin maids... Speaking of which why doesn't Subaru go for the blue-haired one. Rem I belive. She's great. Stands by him no matter what even when he's being a dick.
Season 2 starts in April I believe, and you'll probably like it. No idea why he likes Emilia though. There is never any real chemistry between them. Kind of just feels like the only reason he likes her is because she is the first cute girl who was nice to him. Maybe because he is socially awkward and Emilia has the mentality of a child, so he feels more comfortable around her. His `Emilia-tan` really annoys me too.

Kumomeme

The game they are playing in that shield girl anime is terribly unbalanced.
i want to speak generally to most of isekai out there..sometimes i thinking..did those guy who wrote LN never played any video game or any MMO at all?if they did, did they ever played something decent? some of the game world apparently terrible with terrible mechanic..SAO basically repetitive linear dungeon crawling..i remember how persona 3 had this critism....and whoever create the game in the story still did it...tons of generic setting and yet in the story the game had massive succes LOL ..kind of mocking of 'real gamers' out there.....some of startup setting really basic and generic....and did those game actually had any quest? basically i dont see they did it..sometime it just grinding fest..basically most of isekai out there come with generic troupe in the game, sometimes give misconception to those who never play any mmo..also why most of these isekai anime had terrible, cringe, lazy skill/spell name?not to mention character yelling it out,even spamming attack....sometimes i found those stuff is created terriblely

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Season 2 starts in April I believe, and you'll probably like it. No idea why he likes Emilia though. There is never any real chemistry between them. Kind of just feels like the only reason he likes her is because she is the first cute girl who was nice to him. Maybe because he is socially awkward and Emilia has the mentality of a child, so he feels more comfortable around her. His `Emilia-tan` really annoys me too.
You guys are expecting way too much out of reeee. He loves Emilia since it is tied to the plot itself and
TIMETRAVEL SHIT!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I've read all the volumes out and have no idea what you are talking about.

Isn't the "witch" really into Subaru (car) because he had been there before and she is totally Emilia?

Sakura

Isn't the "witch" really into Subaru (car) because he had been there before and she is totally Emilia?
None of this is ever said in the novels. It is just theories as to why the witch would be so interested in Subaru. There is obviously some kind of relationship between Emilia and Satella, but what that relationship is, is anybody's guess. It could be that Emilia is her daughter, for example. There also is some kind of relationship between Subaru and Satella, but again, it's anybody's guess. Whether it is time travel, forgotten memories, reincarnation, similar appearance, etc we have no idea.
Even if we assume one of those things to be true, it still wouldn't be a particularly good reason as to why he is so in love with Emilia.
In any case, we are given reasons by Subaru himself as to why he loves Emilia. The problem is a) they are dumb, and b) there is no chemistry between them. He just comes off as some nerd obsessed with a girl who doesn't pay him any mind.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
In any case, we are given reasons by Subaru himself as to why he loves Emilia. The problem is a) they are dumb, and b) there is no chemistry between them. He just comes off as some nerd obsessed with a girl who doesn't pay him any mind.
It has to be plot based and connected to Satella considering their appearance. Which logically points to Emilia being Satella/time travel magic that revives him since said witch isn't even awake at the time of Reeeee0's current timeline yet she is somehow still watching him. What is the alternative to said theory? Shit that makes less sense! But then again this is Reeee0 where logic doesn't matter.

Sakura

It has to be plot based and connected to Satella considering their appearance. Which logically points to Emilia being Satella/time travel magic that revives him since said witch isn't even awake at the time of Reeeee0's current timeline yet she is somehow still watching him. What is the alternative to said theory? Shit that makes less sense! But then again this is Reeee0 where logic doesn't matter.
Satella and Emilia both exist in the same world. Satella hasn't been killed, and she isn't asleep. She has just been sealed. She even appears in the 4th arc. She also has killed Emilia, and doesn't really care if Emilia dies. Emilia was born after Satella's reign of terror. We don't know who her mother is, Emilia was raised by her father's sister.
Time travel probably makes the least sense. Emilia would at some point in the future, have to travel like 400 years, or whatever it was, into the past, and live until the present when she summons Subaru and gives him the ability to not die to protect him. Why?
I think it is more likely that Emilia is a descendant of Satella, or a vessel created for Satella (in her image) so she could escape the seal or something.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Satella and Emilia both exist in the same world. Satella hasn't been killed, and she isn't asleep. She has just been sealed. She even appears in the 4th arc. She also has killed Emilia, and doesn't really care if Emilia dies. Emilia was born after Satella's reign of terror. We don't know who her mother is, Emilia was raised by her father's sister.
Time travel probably makes the least sense. Emilia would at some point in the future, have to travel like 400 years, or whatever it was, into the past, and live until the present when she summons Subaru and gives him the ability to not die to protect him. Why?
I think it is more likely that Emilia is a descendant of Satella, or a vessel created for Satella (in her image) so she could escape the seal or something.
See this is where things don't make sense. If Satella is asleep er I mean sealed how can she freely use resurrection magi...time magi...whatever magic? Why would she summon somebody and love him out of the blue despite her reputation? Sounds like she met him before going by her muh light dialogue. If she was sealed years ago how can she have met Subaru then or fall for the dude outside time magic bullshit? Her killing Emilia with the curse doesn't matter since it was undone wasn't it? A vessel pretty much means it is her in a way. Not like plot matters or makes much sense in Rezero. So maybe you are right and everything is just dumb bullshit where people love and grant immortality to others because fuck you.

Sakura

See this is where things don't make sense. If Satella is asleep er I mean sealed how can she freely use resurrection magi...time magi...whatever magic? Why would she summon somebody and love him out of the blue despite her reputation? Sounds like she met him before going by her muh light dialogue. If she was sealed years ago how can she have met Subaru then or fall for the dude outside time magic bullshit? Her killing Emilia with the curse doesn't matter since it was undone wasn't it? A vessel pretty much means it is her in a way. Not like plot matters or makes much sense in Rezero. So maybe you are right and everything is just dumb bullshit where people love and grant immortality to others because fuck you.
No idea on why she loves Subaru. She clearly knows him. It could be something like one of his ancestors travelled to the isekai in the past. It's already been established that many Japanese have been brought to that world throughout history. He could've travelled himself to that isekai at some point before, but to a different time, but ended up back in his own world without memories (it's also established that people can have their memories eaten).
I just think the idea that Satella is Emilia from the future, who then travelled to the past, to be dumb, and I hope that is not what it is.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
No idea on why she loves Subaru. She clearly knows him. It could be something like one of his ancestors travelled to the isekai in the past. It's already been established that many Japanese have been brought to that world throughout history. He could've travelled himself to that isekai at some point before, but to a different time, but ended up back in his own world without memories (it's also established that people can have their memories eaten).
I just think the idea that Satella is Emilia from the future, who then travelled to the past, to be dumb, and I hope that is not what it is.

Convenient mind wipes are as stupid as time travel.

brap

Banned
oBsCL5d.jpg

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I read all of the available chapters of I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags.

I really liked it. It's a little different that she gets through her situation not because of knowledge from the otome game knowledge or OP Power/Magic, but because she's just a nice person, affable, and a little dumb.

My favorite recurrent joke is the fake snake.

Will she capture target
The Men?
The Women?

giphy.gif

Also read the 4 chapters of the spinoff, which is just the same MC but she ends up with her memories in Katarina's body when she is already at the school.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
They're cheap pieces of shit.
I have like 5 different publishers worth of manga and the quality isn't good regardless. The best (paper) quality manga I have was made by a random publisher that literally only did two volumes strangely enough. That being said most of the major series are mostly hard covers. (Joj/Berserk)

brap

Banned
I have like 5 different publishers worth of manga and the quality isn't good regardless. The best (paper) quality manga I have was made by a random publisher that literally only did two volumes strangely enough. That being said most of the major series are mostly hard covers. (Joj/Berserk)
Take a cheap standard manga volume and blow it up to 1.5 times its size and add 300 more fucking pages. Imagine how shit that feels. Feels like a fucking phonebook. I was looking at Kaiji, Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku and they're all paperback garbage.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Take a cheap standard manga volume and blow it up to 1.5 times its size and add 300 more fucking pages. Imagine how shit that feels. Feels like a fucking phonebook. I was looking at Kaiji, Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku and they're all paperback garbage.

Those are all garbage regardless. zawa zawa zawa.
zZ86SqQ.jpg

jk Kaiji had at least 2 good arcs.

bronk

Banned
Gantz 0 on Netflix was surprisingly fun. Non stop action and thats about it. I really liked it. The 3d animation was pretty sick.

Doom85

Gantz 0 on Netflix was surprisingly fun. Non stop action and thats about it. I really liked it. The 3d animation was pretty sick.

I'll have to check it out. I do wish we'd get a full adaptation of the manga sometime. Granted, I never got around to reading the final arc, but everything up to that was really solid. It was kind of a chore at first dealing with Kurono as a selfish brat but seeing his eventual character growth was a huge pay-off as well as the new teammates actually working together and getting characterization (most of the prior characters were cannon fodder and/or one-note). It drove me crazy that the first anime cut off right when the manga started to get to the good shit and went with a filler ending instead, blech.

I really loved Gantz. One of my favorite anime series ever. It was just so differrent than what I was used to watching. I have thought about picking up the re-release of the Omnibus manga so I can check out the entire story. The anime was so fun. Gantz 0 was really enjoyable as well. I too hope we eventually get a full adaptation of the manga one day.

Mista

Banned

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Any decent anime podcasts out there? I've tried Anncast and I find the hosts to be largely insufferable. I've also tried AWO and the same problem was there too.

brap

Banned
Jojo part 4 is a meme
THEY BARELY EVEN MEET THE MAIN VILLIAN THEN THIS NIGGA GETS RAN OVER ON ACCIDENT

also did anybody watch the rohan ovas? MOTHERFUCKERS ALL HAVE THE SAME EXACT FACE ITS JARRING
all looking like this
7c488e2ad550eb43377f7344721430e1.jpg

Mista

Banned
Jojo part 4 is a meme
THEY BARELY EVEN MEET THE MAIN VILLIAN THEN THIS NIGGA GETS RAN OVER ON ACCIDENT

also did anybody watch the rohan ovas? MOTHERFUCKERS ALL HAVE THE SAME EXACT FACE ITS JARRING
all looking like this
7c488e2ad550eb43377f7344721430e1.jpg
One does NOT question Araki’s work

Top Bottom