• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.3%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 38.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 36 17.8%

• Total voters

Mista

Banned
Berserk is one of the best pieces of fiction period. It deserves the hellsing treatment. High budget, manga accurate adaptation.
65129138-F37-A-4-F22-A3-A4-687497386304.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Ya'll talking about Berserk anime when the manga hasn't moved much in years. Well at least it isn't as bad as HxH.
I’m interested. Another adaptation I’d like to see be closer to the manga is Gantz. The anime didn’t do it justice at all. I loved it, but it cut out so freaking much.
I liked how totally not Lara Croft got changed to biker girl with tits bigger than the dudes head but other than that...trash! Just like the later arcs.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Dorohedoro has the best ED's of the season as well

A stark contrast from Jesus Enty from last season

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
4 EDs in 8 episodes. Can't remember the last time a 12 episode anime had these many EDs. Also dropped Shield girl I just couldn't watch it anymore.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I don't and I always said I don't mind small scenes like how AoT did it

Also what this to do with CGI? Haven't you seen Castlevania?
Dorohedoro and a crapload of other netflix co-production shows have are mostly CGI though. (Kengan/Baki/Island?)
Castlevania isn't anime. It was directed by an Indian dude and written by a Brit.

O-N-E

Dorohedoro and a crapload of other netflix co-production shows have are mostly CGI though. (Kengan/Baki/Island?)
Castlevania isn't anime. It was directed by an Indian dude and written by a Brit.

I think it depends on the studio.

Was Devilman heavily CGI? Or Little Witch Academia?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
What does your opinion on Devilman's quality have to do with whether it actually had heavy CGI usage?
The fact it doesn't do the manga justice. Neither does the animation.
tenor.gif

2gz8ih.gif

This is supposed to be a good example of good cgi/animation?
I guess, but to what degree were any of these? Netflix has the streaming rights. I think they paid for it well in advanced.
Streaming rights doesn't mean it was funded or produced by them. LWA was funded in kickstarter. The titles that do get funded/produced by them are heavily CGI or like shown above badly animated. (anime) Saying that out of all their crap I'm still enjoying Dorohedoro. But Mista didn't which is why I quoted him above. If Berserk was funded by Netflix it would look like Kengan.

HonkingTonk

Neo Member
The fact it doesn't do the manga justice. Neither does the animation.
tenor.gif

2gz8ih.gif

This is supposed to be a good example of good cgi/animation?

Streaming rights doesn't mean it was funded or produced by them. LWA was funded in kickstarter. The titles that do get funded/produced by them are heavily CGI or like shown above badly animated. (anime) Saying that out of all their crap I'm still enjoying Dorohedoro. But Mista didn't which is why I quoted him above. If Berserk was funded by Netflix it would look like Kengan.
Another anime that Netflix claims is a "Netflix Original" but is actually them owning international streaming rights was Violet Evergarden which was fully produced by KyoAni.

O-N-E

Yo, in just a month, a crazy season of anime is gonna start.

Going from a near-drought to a surplus.

Don't know if I'll be able to keep up.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Another anime that Netflix claims is a "Netflix Original" but is actually them owning international streaming rights was Violet Evergarden which was fully produced by KyoAni.
Everybody knows Evergarden was all KyoAni. Hopefully.
Yo, in just a month, a crazy season of anime is gonna start.

Going from a near-drought to a surplus.

Don't know if I'll be able to keep up.
You aren't watch Eizouken? Pleb.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So judgemental.

Waiting until it finishes for that one.

I'm sure you know that's the same studio responsible for Devilman. :messenger_winking:
It is a proper adaptation with soul. Not a butchered ONA.

ROMhack

Been watching Utena again. Great show.

On the second arc now (after episode 13) where secondary characters rapidly descend into the abyss of their ego; the flow of neurosis washing up on the waves of their minds like a sea urchin hits the shore. They be duelling like their life depends on it, always manipulated by the upper hand of the student council, being pulled to and fro like marionettes dancing a merry waltz.

Nanami > All.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm late to the party, but I just watched Attack on Titan seasons 1 through 3. Really good show. Once it started going I burned through it really quick. Can't wait for the final season now.

Labolas

Yeah, I always thought that the new Devilman series was pretty overrated. I'm like yeah animation is experimental but it was subpar at best.

Beastars was a great watch. OP is great as well.

Mista

Banned
Ahiru no Sora is such a great basketball anime. If it manages to keep the pace and good writing, it might take kuroko’s spot for me

Nikodemos

That One Anime Show, Which Is Definitely Not Shmentai E09:

In this week's "I can't believe they actually went there", we see a confouding dilemma appear: is it truly necrophilia if she's undead?

Next week, we finally meet the world's greatest mage. Who is also the world's greatest tax evasionist.

Last edited:

God Enel

Any recommendations for funny animes? I’m looking for some Comedy stuff. Watched the devil is a part timer and it was kinda funny and lighthearted.

Top Bottom