• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

kiiltz

Start of the 1000 Year Blood War arc is actually one of the hypest shit around before Kubo got sick/cancelled.

I'm really hoping it gets the AoT treatment to save itself from the worst ending in the history of anything ever.

Also I will NEVER get tired of an episode/chapter ending with...

"Bankai"

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really hoping it gets the AoT treatment to save itself from the worst ending in the history of anything ever.
From the top of my head worse endings (I assume since I never started Bleach properly) than Bleach.

Fire Punch
I am hero
Prison School
Haganai
99% of all romcoms

Cutty Flam

Banned
I’ve always been extremely curious about Bleach. I’ve even considered buying all the manga volumes

What do you guys think about it? And I thought it was finished right? How was the ending?

brap

Banned
I’ve always been extremely curious about Bleach. I’ve even considered buying all the manga volumes

What do you guys think about it? And I thought it was finished right? How was the ending?
It's shit. The only reason people like it is because of the style. Read Naruto or something instead.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Idk why, but something in me never sparked with Naruto. I’ve never had the slightest desire to get into it

Bleach seems really complex, maybe even convoluted. I hear the fights are insane. I’ve been told the soundtrack is fantastic, although I plan to read it id anything...And I did see one fight in Bleach that really grabbed my interest. Some scientist who essentially defeated his opponent by trapping him into an eternal slow motion. Some pink haired dude, the Captain who won I think his name started with a K, but it was one very twisted ending to a fight. It’s not even that he was killed or slain, but defeated in the most tormenting way. To know your defeat, be helpless, and forever conscious that your loss is at the hands of someone who has defeated you in the worst way, and moved on while you are forever a slave to the reality he set for you and even if you did want to kill yourself, it would take how long at that pace? That’s hell

Bleach is kind if intriguing

brap

Banned
Idk why, but something in me never sparked with Naruto. I’ve never had the slightest desire to get into it
Me either. The art looks so shitty.

Bleach is kind if intriguing
Viz has nice box sets so I was researching on getting into it. It's one of those series where there's basically 0 stakes. Everybody says the manga gets bad like halfway through and it's 74 volumes. It's widely considered the worst of the big 3 for plenty reasons. This post basically sums up everything I've read. Also I used to watch and read it but stopped for some reason.
I stopped watching Bleach a long time ago, (yet still 150+ episodes in) and here's why I stopped caring.

1: nothing matters. You can see a character get impaled during a fight, winning yet suffering a mortal blow. They speak their last thoughts, and close their eyes...... and you think the are dead. However, once the main bad guy is defeated several episodes later we cut back and..... But "the medical team made it in time!!!"" Do this a dozen times, and all sense of conflict is gone. I know the good guys will survive.

3: No one but Ichigo matters. Yea everyone else has superpowers, but they will usually lose and won't matter. except....

4: the power scaling. In the first (and awesome) 100 episodes where Ichigo invades soul society to save Rukia, he is pushed to his limits and has to defeat the strongest captains to accomplish his goal. He does this, and shows he is stronger than them. Except for the later arches, where he gets even stronger, and the captains do as well, and continue to look down on him, even though we never see how they got better than him.

5: too many characters. I can't give a shit about the 14th's squad sub captain in a fight. That's like the 40th person I'm supposed to be emotionally invested in.

6: Too redundant. Sub boss is fought, gives life story in flashbacks for an episode or two, before dying. Saw that repeated too many times.

brap

Banned
bought some manga from glorious nihon and didnt realize they were so tiny. the paper is so thin though i can literally see the art on the other side.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Share pictures please whenever you have the time
It's a lot more noticeable irl and when I shrink the pic down.
Q4pFq1j.jpg

QluK3gu.jpg

The actual book is on the left. The right thing is like one of those thing plastic things that comes on hardcover books.

Mista

Banned
It's a lot more noticeable irl and when I shrink the pic down.
Q4pFq1j.jpg

QluK3gu.jpg

The actual book is on the left. The right thing is like one of those thing plastic things that comes on hardcover books.
Oh yeah I know this type. I despise them!

You feel that they're so fragile

brap

Banned
100% invested in One Piece

I watched about 140 episodes in the last 2 months. I'll be caught up within 15 episodes. And then I plan on reading each manga from there and watching
I watched about 100 eps and some other stuff in the series in around a month or 2. Still on Drum island in the manga because I can't stand it lol.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Daily One Piece is GOAT post

I’m two episodes away from being current. Seriously excited about it

I always wanted to discuss and read everything about it; theories, discussion threads, but I knew the spoiling would be inevitable so I just chipped away over the five years I’ve been watching

Always wanted to look deeper into the characters, the subtleties I might have missed, and especially some theories. Try to predict future arcs sounds fun too

I think after Wano Kuni, there will be three more arcs, and as ridiculous as it sounds, that will conclude One Piece. The legendary One Piece, three maybe four major arcs away from completion, is my guess

And based off the pace of Wano and how it’s going,, we’re in for the best yet. Now, we’re close to apex of the roller coaster, and soon enough, shit’s about get unprecedentedly insane. I’d say 15 more episodes and we’ll be at what I think is that Apex. And from there, some of the best fights in the series will take place

Helios

How's Demon Slayer? Is it good or is it the flavor of the month zoomer shonen?
I haven't watched or read anything since JoJo part 5 ended so any other recommendation is welcome.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't watched or read anything since JoJo part 5 ended so any other recommendation is welcome.
I enjoyed the first part. It is was saved by the studio's animation (lol fate) but isn't anything special. Iruma outside the random gay and bad OP is a decent young man show.

FOTM zoomer shit of course!! If you want a traditional shounen watch Black Clover.
Black Clover is too much like FT to be good.

Mista

Banned
I enjoyed it because the colours and effects were top notch. Currently reading the manga after finishing the anime
Cultural Reviewers EP 12 - End:

Don't be sad it ended, be happy it happened.

;_;7
Is it really a good show or typical sweaty weebs show?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It's generic old school battle shounen like FT or Naruto. Not pussy bitch shit like boku no pic academia nuts or incelkai waifu harem trash like sword art online.
Too new to be old school. But yeah it is punching wizards like FT.

brap

Banned
Too new to be old school.
Nah, I mean because it's just the same old shounen shit that's been going on for years. BC would fit in perfectly with Bleach, Naruto and One Piece. Basically all the other shounen I can think of these days is too different.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, I mean because it's just the same old shounen shit that's been going on for years. BC would fit in perfectly with Bleach, Naruto and One Piece. Basically all the other shounen I can think of these days is too different.
That's a good thing. We need more YYH like manga. BUT THEN AGAIN I prefer seinen over shonen so eh.

Top Bottom