• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

O-N-E

This, Kono Bijutsubu, Hinamatsuri and Oregairu were directed by the same person.

Seems like a reliable director.

Wait, looking at his MAL page and wtf...

image.png

If this is actually true I'd be so happy. Haven't watched the most recent episode yet.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I think it is funny a random guy off the street can beat up Touma and that most people that use magic can't beat him because they can't fight without it.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
What the hell does he do for 11 Volumes? I know he already returns on the second
He returns at the end of NT 1.
NT 2-3 - Hawaii
NT 4 - Kihara vs Gremlin (East Europe)
NT 5-6 - Ichihanaransai festival (Academy City)
NT 7 - Agitate Halation (Academy City)
NT 8-10 - Magic God Arc(kinda all over the world)
NT 11 - Shokuhou back story
NT 12 - I forgot that kids name
Bonus : NT 13 - 17 -
Cv28oJcWIAEppe4.jpg
OT 1 started around June and till the end NT 17, its still in December.
I think it is funny a random guy off the street can beat up Touma and that most people that use magic can't beat him because they can't fight without it.
He is actually way better than your average thug, which is why he easily beat up Hamazura.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

He returns at the end of NT 1.
NT 2-3 - Hawaii
NT 4 - Kihara vs Gremlin (East Europe)
NT 5-6 - Ichihanaransai festival (Academy City)
NT 7 - Agitate Halation (Academy City)
NT 8-10 - Magic God Arc(kinds all over the world)
NT 11 - Shokuhou back story
NT 12 - I forgot that kids name
Bonus : NT 13 - 17 -
Cv28oJcWIAEppe4.jpg
OT 1 started around June and till the end NT 17, its still in December.

He is actually way better than your average thug, which is why he easily defeated Hamazura.
Oh well. Just started NT, i can sort of already understand why people like it more than the original.
The multiple protagonist perspective fits much better with the author writing style.

Sakura

Nah he pretty regularly beats the shit out of random dudes too.
His punch is ridiculous. He punches that lady at the end of season 1 so hard she forms an impact crater in the wall.

Bernkastel

Oh well. Just started NT, i can sort of already understand why people like it more than the original.
The multiple protagonist perspective fits much better with the author writing style.
You wont get much multiple protagonist perspective after NT 1. Also, Index will be absent till NT 8. Next season should be NT 1-7.

Guilty_AI

You wont get much multiple protagonist perspective after NT 1. Also, Index will be absent till NT 8. Next season should be NT 1-7.
Really? Thats kinda sad since i liked the notion of multiple protagonists. Don't really care about index being absent, but i assume she'll appear but merely won't have a huge role until NT 8.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Index is just...there for the most part right? Doing next to nothing?

what is a must watch from recent years? I haven't been watching almost anything new at all so would you guys recommend some good shows? Recently rewatched School Rumble for the xth time, it's still so good. Still my favourite anime. What a shame they skipped 3rd season entirely.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
what is a must watch from recent years? I haven't been watching almost anything new at all so would you guys recommend some good shows? Recently rewatched School Rumble for the xth time, it's still so good. Still my favourite anime. What a shame they skipped 3rd season entirely.
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

Guilty_AI

No idea if its good or not, but there was a new anime adaptation for Kino no Tabi back in 2017. There was also the konosuba movie which should be pretty good

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Chainsaw man be like

I eat a nazi so all nazis die
I eat aids so all aids gone
I want him to eat hunger so no more hunger exists in the world

kEJkAD2.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I think Kojima's theoretical manga would be nowhere as stupid as CM. Yoko Taro's would though.

O-N-E

I think Kojima's theoretical manga would be nowhere as stupid as CM. Yoko Taro's would though.

I think seeing that funny reference to LoGH in demo's video pushed me to start watching it. I am thankful. Though I haven't moved past the first arc in forever.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Really? Thats kinda sad since i liked the notion of multiple protagonists. Don't really care about index being absent, but i assume she'll appear but merely won't have a huge role until NT 8.
Index is just...there for the most part right? Doing next to nothing?
Ok now I remember she does occasionally appear in NT 1-7. Its been a long time since I read this
Due to the story shifting focus from magicians chasing her down for her grimoires (though this is apparently still something that occurs occasionally) Index takes more of a backseat role for the GREMLIN Arc which opened Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index only reaching the role she had in Old Testament in the closing of the Arc. Though she takes her role as a main heroine again in the second overarching arc; the Fall of Academy City Arc, aiding Touma in battles and serving as someone he tries his hardest to protect alongside the Magic God Othinus.
GREMLIN Arc is basically Freshman Arc(NT 1) to Agitate Halation Arc(NT 7). By the way there are still multiple perspectives within arcs, just not arcs with second/third protagonists like OT.

Last edited:
If you want slice-of-life comedy, try Hitoribocchi and Hinamatsuri.

General must-watch animes from recent years (not necessarily my personal opinion):
- Attack On Titan
- Made In Abyss
- March Comes In Like A Lion
- Dorohedoro
- Re:Zero
- Beastars
- Mob Psycho 100

Last edited:

O-N-E

If you want slice-of-life comedy, try Hitoribocchi and Hinamatsuri.

General must-watch animes from recent years (not necessarily my personal opinion):
- Attack On Titan
- Made In Abyss
- March Comes In Like A Lion

- Dorohedoro
- Re:Zero
- Beastars
- Mob Psycho 100

Can personally vouch for the bolded ones being great, with Attack on Titan and March Comes In being amongst the top of my personal list. I've also heard good things about Dorohedoro.

Top Bottom