• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
il_570xN.1932458673_nrk7.jpg

Guilty_AI

oh.

Well, long or not, the entire bundle is still cheaper than a full priced game. So i guess its really just about spending the time on it.
I think if the person is into reading books it might be a good investment.

Also just found out its on GOG. Thats really a surprise since not many JP devs put their games there

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
oh.

Well, long or not, the entire bundle is still cheaper than a full priced game. So i guess its really just about spending the time on it.
I think if the person is into reading books it might be a good investment.

Also just found out its on GOG. Thats really a surprise since not many JP devs put their games there
Yeah, if you like to read go for it. Also might have to check which version isn't censored. I know steam has censored popular VN's before. (Muv Luv)

petran79

Banned
Remember in the 90s when Pokémon use to be on cable tv? I can’t even remember what station, Kid’s WB maybe? I miss those days

I remember Sailor Moon I used to watch occasionally and maybe caught 10-12 episodes of that despite not recalling anything that took place. DBZ was on a lot, and Pokémon especially. But I really only watched a little bit of Sailor Moon and Pokémon, DBZ was too mature for me at the time and just wasn’t for me. I was like 5-7 when my friends would talk about and sometimes check it out during the day at the house. It was so serious and I could tell the characters were in really high-stakes life or death situations despite not really understanding it at the time; I could only feel the tension through my intuition at the time

Reminiscing about those times is something I’ll never fully be able to express, although I wish I somehow could...Something about anime back then as a kid who didn’t know a thing. Those three stood out, and Pokémon was the favorite. Although I cannot say for sure, I remember watching Sailor Moon and from what I think I remember, it was one of those shows that played out like a dream most episodes. You’d give it your attention for a second, a second would become a minute, and the fact if the matter is that you’re completely immersed, present, and in the moment with the show as the episode plays out

Sorry for the long post, I was thinking about what my first anime was, and to this day I still cannot remember which was presented to me first? I think it’s Pokémon, but it could have been Sailor Moon just the same

Which anime did you see first in your life? The very first anime you were exposed to. I would think probably a lot have similar answers maybe? Anime wasn’t that big in the U.S. in the mid 90s was it?

I consider Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh and DBZ to be the beginning of the demise of anime, compared to what was available in the 80s-early 90s on European TV and video, but to each his own.

Guilty_AI

Yeah, if you like to read go for it. Also might have to check which version isn't censored. I know steam has censored popular VN's before. (Muv Luv)
From what i've seen both versions are the same, the only censorship was putting a towel in one of the characters in a scene she originally appeared naked.
Do you know if thats really all in terms of censorship Bernkastel Bernkastel ?

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
More like shittiest
Damn is that true? I know the selection looked kind of poor with their manga option (I think you had to pay more than the $8 per month to get it though)

To hear that there are better apps for anime/manga is great though, which are you using? Will the quality of picture, sound, and translation improve a lot in comparison to CR?

brap

Banned
Damn is that true? I know the selection looked kind of poor with their manga option (I think you had to pay more than the $8 per month to get it though)

To hear that there are better apps for anime/manga is great though, which are you using? Will the quality of picture, sound, and translation improve a lot in comparison to CR?
I don't stream. I don't know of any other streaming apps but cr is still terrible. Netflix, amazon, hulu and all that are better. They have random anime on there. If you're fine with cr though then don't switch. Translations will probably be the same since they all use official subs.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I don't stream. I don't know of any other streaming apps but cr is still terrible. Netflix, amazon, hulu and all that are better. They have random anime on there. If you're fine with cr though then don't switch. Translations will probably be the same since they all use official subs.
I was thinking of going back to CR because Netflix is so fucking trash for One Piece. Not sure what happened? I'm watching it again and the quality is pretty poor. I've watched OP on Kissanime up to like, I think just past Amazon Lily arc I started watching it there and I liked the translations a lot. Then I found 9anime.to I think it goes by now, and that was even better when it came to picture quality, translations seemed to be nearly as good. But CR for One Piece was the best quality overall. The picture was by far the best, translations seemed perfect, sound quality on the app was perfect although maybe it wasn't as loud as the other ones? I watched JoJo Part 5 on there (CR) as well and it was excellent. I can't speak for anything else though. I went in with a friend halves for CR subscription for those two anime, and to check out random HxH episodes that I especially enjoyed, certain fights there

I know Hulu and Netflix have anime, but never knew that Amazon did as well. I'll look into that. Cptn Buggy-sama, arigato

brap

Banned
I was thinking of going back to CR because Netflix is so fucking trash for One Piece. Not sure what happened? I'm watching it again and the quality is pretty poor. I've watched OP on Kissanime up to like, I think just past Amazon Lily arc I started watching it there and I liked the translations a lot. Then I found 9anime.to I think it goes by now, and that was even better when it came to picture quality, translations seemed to be nearly as good. But CR for One Piece was the best quality overall. The picture was by far the best, translations seemed perfect, sound quality on the app was perfect although maybe it wasn't as loud as the other ones? I watched JoJo Part 5 on there (CR) as well and it was excellent. I can't speak for anything else though. I went in with a friend halves for CR subscription for those two anime, and to check out random HxH episodes that I especially enjoyed, certain fights there

I know Hulu and Netflix have anime, but never knew that Amazon did as well. I'll look into that. Cptn Buggy-sama, arigato
There's no fansubs for OP after 889 last I checked. And for some reason ALL the OP fansubs use that goofy ass font lmao.
42ayrZy.png

On amazon you have to pay to watch OP but they have other stuff for free. Might as well just use whatever tbh.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
All this talk about higurashi, just found out ep 1 is free

It is free until a vaccine for COVID-19 is found.
It has like 7 parts though and is longer than IT.
8 chapters(4 question arcs, 4 answer arcs). There are also 6 more bonus arcs that have not yet released on Steam.
From what i've seen both versions are the same, the only censorship was putting a towel in one of the characters in a scene she originally appeared naked.
Do you know if thats really all in terms of censorship Bernkastel Bernkastel ?
There is one sprite that was changed in Chapter 3 and thats it. If you really care about the uncensored version that much you can get it on Mangagamer website.

Guilty_AI

It is free until a vaccine for COVID-19 is found.
Thought you were joking at first but thats really the case. Already secured a copy through GOG

There is one sprite that was changed in Chapter 3 and thats it. If you really care about the uncensored version that much you can get it on Mangagamer website.
If thats all it doesn't really bother me. I was more worried about gore being tamed or censored but it seems the game isn't all that gory in the first place. From what i've read its more on the psychological side.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Also when the actual fuck are we getting a new:
Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous)
Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)
Youjo Senki (The Saga of Tanya the Evil)
Yakusoku no Neverland (The Promised Neverland)
Vinland Saga
Dorohedoro
Made in Abyss

I expect an answer on my desk before 6PM CEST.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Dorohedoro ended years ago. Vinland Saga will never end.

O-N-E

Vinland Saga
Dorohedoro
Made in Abyss

Technically NHK has Attack on Titan's final season scheduled for Dec 7th, but I wouldn't take it as a guarantee at the moment.

Wah? I just watched the first season a few months ago on Netflix.

Slow is a Manga Supremacist. The manga is finished, the show has one season.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Otherside Picnic promo art.
Otherside Picnic is a Japanese science fiction yuri light novel series, written by Iori Miyazawa and illustrated by shirakaba.

GGKbr8B.png

They literally had the 8 foot tall pedo ghost in it lol. I'll watch it but it looks like a less original Flip Flappers.

Otherside Picnic is a Japanese science fiction yuri light novel series, written by Iori Miyazawa and illustrated by shirakaba.

GGKbr8B.png

They literally had the 8 foot tall pedo ghost in it lol. I'll watch it but it looks like a less original Flip Flappers.

Cool, I like the voice acting too. I get the impression I heard the voice of megane-chan somewhere. Will this air next winter?

Flip Flappers was amazing, one of my favorite shows in recent years. I don’t see this one giving it a run for its money though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, I like the voice acting too. I get the impression I heard the voice of megane-chan somewhere. Will this air next winter?

Flip Flappers was amazing, one of my favorite shows in recent years. I don’t see this one giving it a run for its money though.
The blonde is the VA that voiced Darkness from Konosuba and Cocona's mom. (Flip Flappers) Megane is Nadeshiko's VA, (Yuru Camp) and Mercedes from Fire Emblem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doczu

Finally "convinced" my wife to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion (after a failed attempt a few years back). Well convinced is a nice way to say i just dropped the first episode and hoped she would like it enough to go through the rest.
To me it was a return to simpler days, where i could plow through episodes with a bag of snacks and a can of coke. But this time i got more out of it than the first time i watched it - being older and seeing more of the world made me appreciate the subversion and deconstruction of anime tropes and human psyche. I love it, even appreciate the eding a lot more (we still have the final episode left). All those small details scattered around the episodes which tease the story and how it will end - i can see them now clearly.

My wife on the other hand feels betrayed by the sudden shift in ep 25 and calls it a pretentious mess. Looks like i know in which camp ahe would land if this was the mid 90's 😂

Good thing End of Evangelion exists, maybe she'll get some closure there.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Finally "convinced" my wife to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion (after a failed attempt a few years back). Well convinced is a nice way to say i just dropped the first episode and hoped she would like it enough to go through the rest.
To me it was a return to simpler days, where i could plow through episodes with a bag of snacks and a can of coke. But this time i got more out of it than the first time i watched it - being older and seeing more of the world made me appreciate the subversion and deconstruction of anime tropes and human psyche. I love it, even appreciate the eding a lot more (we still have the final episode left). All those small details scattered around the episodes which tease the story and how it will end - i can see them now clearly.

My wife on the other hand feels betrayed by the sudden shift in ep 25 and calls it a pretentious mess. Looks like i know in which camp ahe would land if this was the mid 90's 😂

Good thing End of Evangelion exists, maybe she'll get some closure there.
Did you sign a prenup? What you just did can be considered domestic violence.

Sakura

Vinland Saga
Dorohedoro
Made in Abyss

I thought there was supposed to be a second season of Youjo Senki?
Personally I want a second season of Hataraku Maou and Youjitsu.
Starting season 2 of Re Zero now. I better get some Rem goodness in this season. Subaru chose poorly.
Uhh about that...

Arkam

Anyone know an good alternative to Amazon or B&N for manga (at a reasonable price)? Asking cuz I am reading "I Am A Hero" and stuck at Omnibus 7. 8-11 seem to be harder to find and people are charging 2-3x cover price. I need to know how it ends!!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know an good alternative to Amazon or B&N for manga (at a reasonable price)? Asking cuz I am reading "I Am A Hero" and stuck at Omnibus 7. 8-11 seem to be harder to find and people are charging 2-3x cover price. I need to know how it ends!!
Read it online and then proceed to burn your manga.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Does the Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear anime have anything to do with New Game?
I remember them creating an anime within the anime about something similar.

Doczu

Did you sign a prenup? What you just did can be considered domestic violence.
I just can't understand what she wants.
I've stopped the last episode midway because she wasn't interested and booted EoE right away.

Now i know how Anno must have felt and why he dialed the violence in the first part to 11. She's asking why there's so much shooting, killing and explosions packed in the first half. Come on woman, you just told me that the series.ending was the most boring thing, now violence is bad? 😂
I swear if i didn't have a kid with her i'd leave her like Gendo his son.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I just can't understand what she wants.
I've stopped the last episode midway because she wasn't interested and booted EoE right away.

Now i know how Anno must have felt and why he dialed the violence in the first part to 11. She's asking why there's so much shooting, killing and explosions packed in the first half. Come on woman, you just told me that the series.ending was the most boring thing, now violence is bad? 😂
I swear if i didn't have a kid with her i'd leave her like Gendo his son.

The last episode can be a bit much but did you really let her get away without seeing "Congratulations"?

manfestival

Vinland Saga
Dorohedoro
Made in Abyss

You have good tastes sir. I need those to be finished too. I do have high hopes since MAPPA is finishing up Attack on Titan.

Guilty_AI

Higurashi series and Umineko on sale through GOG rn (only half a day left though)

Help me out a bit Bernkastel Bernkastel , i was thinking of getting them but theres two things i want to understand first.
Is Umineko question and answers arc the entire story? Or theres more?
Same with Higurashi, are the 8 episodes everything? I remember reading that theres 14 episodes but the last 6 are bonus stories or something like that

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Is Umineko question and answers arc the entire story? Or theres more?
It is, but Umineko Saku(not yet translated) adds one more extra episode. The story ends with Episode 8.
Same with Higurashi, are the 8 episodes everything? I remember reading that theres 14 episodes but the last 6 are bonus stories or something like that
8 episodes are the question and answer arc. 6 new arcs(not yet on Steam) are side stories.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Forget Episode 1 and everything will make sense. Its just normal isekai.
How? She was playing the game? Also it is one of the blandest "isekai" I've seen. The only standout thing about it is the voice actress sounding different than other MOE protags.

Top Bottom