• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

Labolas

Thanks for the reply. I'm still going to check it out but I would have probably hated more if I didn't know on some edge lord type shit.

Last edited:

Shouta

Shield Hero still had some soul to the story, and the "controversy" was largely overreaction by the typical crowd.

Redo of healer is just pure edgy trash. Even if they complained about, it its not worth caring.

pure edgy trash is putting it nicely for Redo of the Healer

Labolas

Healer is just rape.
pure edgy trash is putting it nicely for Redo of the Healer

Welp a couple of chapters, yeah, it kinda goes out of its way to make the protag irreprehensible. He could have done things, more or less morally ambiguous but he's just coming off as a piece of shit. This isn't the worst manga (Wolf Guy gets that award for me) but I could totally see people being turned off of this.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I saw that because One said it was decent.

It did nothing for me. But main girl was best girl so I saw it all.

You can always start one here or in offtopic. Maybe you'll even have a decent OP. I haven't even started a proper beginners REC in the OP just season anime RECs.

The more anime/manga threads the better. Happosai Happosai has his own RETRO anime thread and that is its own thing. I want to BELIEVE this is more of a general thread where people can just share their thoughts on any manga/anime they might be watching. I'm surprised Bernkastel Bernkastel hasn't started a VN thread yet BUT I DIGRESS do what you want!
I didn't make the thread to confuse people from this thread (which you know). It's just that when I joined, I noticed that Retro Anime threads were old and abandoned for 5 or more years. There was literally no discussion about older anime beyond Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, DBZ, and Evangelion. I respect this thread a lot because it keeps the majority of anime fans on GAF up-to-date. So, this is where people should be posting about anything related to anime in the past 20-years and onward. I have considered asking my thread to be moved to communities as it has quite a few posts. But I don't want it to become troll prospect or to get more questions in my thread from people asking if 2000's anime is retro. Bernkastel Bernkastel seems to have made a music thread that is mostly anime music. It's actually pretty good.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't make the thread to confuse people from this thread (which you know). It's just that when I joined, I noticed that Retro Anime threads were old and abandoned for 5 or more years. There was literally no discussion about older anime beyond Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, DBZ, and Evangelion. I respect this thread a lot because it keeps the majority of anime fans on GAF up-to-date. So, this is where people should be posting about anything related to anime in the past 20-years and onward. I have considered asking my thread to be moved to communities as it has quite a few posts. But I don't want it to become troll prospect or to get more questions in my thread from people asking if 2000's anime is retro. Bernkastel Bernkastel seems to have made a music thread that is mostly anime music. It's actually pretty good.
Retro is anything older than 20 (or 15) but I still don't consider many things retro.

I will wait for Made in Abyss #9 before read my #7 and #8 editions. This manga is so dark sometimes.

So for now, I will read the 1st volume of Girls & Panzer (somewhat a impulse buy because the cover, but I knew the series before) and have 14 volumes of UQ Holder to read.

Labolas

Saw a trailer for Sweet Home and it looked it a manhwa that got adapted into a live action series. But apparently it is a webtoon that got adapted into a Netflix series. Decided to dig deeper and read the first 14 chapters of the webtoon and it isn't bad and in fact, it's one of the better webtoons I've read and I don't like webtoons that much but this one is pretty decent.

KielCasto

Saw a trailer for Sweet Home and it looked it a manhwa that got adapted into a live action series. But apparently it is a webtoon that got adapted into a Netflix series. Decided to dig deeper and read the first 14 chapters of the webtoon and it isn't bad and in fact, it's one of the better webtoons I've read and I don't like webtoons that much but this one is pretty decent.
The webtoon ended this year, iirc. It and Hive were my first webtoons and they were gripping. I still prefer manga, but at least I didn't feel like I wasted my time with Sweet Home.

Stick with it and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Awesome community thread. My Anime views started at a very early age in Saudi, they use to dub & edit them all in Arabic. Plawres Sanshiro & Captain Tsubasa as well as some American animations like Bionic five (English wasn't dubbed). Pingu was big as well late 80s.

Seen Gurran Lagann & bebop.

Current times it's all over the place. Waiting on Opm s3, mob psycho s3. Sisters watching hero academy (sic). Watching Aot s4, we upto ep 3 now. Got me to make an Aot s4 meme, spoiler heavy & old school (like me).

Will work my way through the thread. Merry krimbo & festivus to all.

https://ibb.co/FgdTbJ7
I skipped the message posted about image hosting changes so that's as good as it gets from me atm.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome community thread. My Anime views started at a very early age in Saudi, they use to dub & edit them all in Arabic. Plawres Sanshiro & Captain Tsubasa as well as some American animations like Bionic five (English wasn't dubbed). Pingu was big as well late 80s.

Seen Gurran Lagann & bebop.

Current times it's all over the place. Waiting on Opm s3, mob psycho s3. Sisters watching hero academy (sic). Watching Aot s4, we upto ep 3 now. Got me to make an Aot s4 meme, spoiler heavy & old school (like me).

Will work my way through the thread. Merry krimbo & festivus to all.

https://ibb.co/FgdTbJ7
I skipped the message posted about image hosting changes so that's as good as it gets from me atm.
Welcome.

I'll add more recommendations (manga?) by tomorrow in the OP. Time to look at what airs next season as well. (more recs as well) Still can't believe Cells at work is getting a s2 along with its edgy and far superior spin off Black.

Cutty Flam

Banned
It was 17 years since I last read, I do not remember at all. But I do remember that I really liked one character (Buggy, the Pierrot) and that I read more than 100 chapters.
I can see how that might happen. Could just be me, but I think it’s important to watch One Piece for the first two sagas, which is comprised of eleven story arcs. The official sound track, the voice acting and directing is very well done. The OST almost seems to tell a story within the story sometimes. I’m a huge fan of the anime, but I’ve been reading OP nonstop the past 9 months

Welcome.

I'll add more recommendations (manga?) by tomorrow in the OP. Time to look at what airs next season as well. (more recs as well) Still can't believe Cells at work is getting a s2 along with its edgy and far superior spin off Black.
Cheers for that.

Log Horizon is finally back. I binged both seasons in 2014, 1st moved at a great pace, 2nd took 3 or so eps to get same movement of story. Really enjoyed so will rewatch s1&2 to refresh.

Okashi na Sabaku no Suna to Manu /
Suna and Manu in the Peculiar Desert
I've sent that to my sisters, I'll catch an ep or two.

Ex-Arm & Cells at workI 'm gonna check out.

Cheers

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
OP updated/ will work on a better summary/should I watch it for this season's recommendations on the 26th. Merry Christmas/Holidays.

EviLore EviLore
I had no idea there was a embedded media limit on posts. (10) I'll just remove the youtube videos from older seasons per season then.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I forgot we are supposed to be getting a live action cowboy bebop series from netflix at some point. You guys think it has any chance of being good?

Durask

Picked up this manga
Add this

Figured I'll bump this.

Just restarted the manga and it is really good. Full of scummy people just like IRL.

Basically MC is a naive and timid girl who starts seeing a ghost of a woman who was executed 10 years ago supposedly for some terrible crimes. She makes a deal with the ghost and agrees to help her find those responsible for her death. Despite the "villainess" title it is pretty much a mystery/conspiracy story.

Wish someone would pick up the LNs - it is a short completed series with a solid ending.

Last edited:

Labolas

Sweet Home is probably one of the few webcomics that I actually enjoyed reading. The characters' drama was easily the best part. You actually felt for these characters. It definitely gets a recommend for me.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo

AKPaeQY.png

GEVe6Hi.png

8hUEFYa.png

DL9IWJ2.png

zrytBy7.png

Durask

Try Attack on Titan, normies LOVE AoT.

Nah, we've been together long enough that I know it would be futile - any anime is "big eyed things with squeaky voices".
She doesn't force me to watch Downtown Abbey or movies based on Jane Austen novels or endless shows about serial killers, I don't force her to watch anime. :messenger_sunglasses:

Top Bottom