• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters
71vMGRog+iL.jpg
Gonna check this out tonight, thanks puffzor puffzor 😊

Doczu

Lol, see, my life is easy.
My wife cannot stand anything with "big eyed things".
Well the problem is she watches anime, even more than i do, but we just have different tastes.
Anything deeper than a puddle is a no-go for her.
Try Attack on Titan, normies LOVE AoT.
Are you some kind of wizard? Just asked her out of the blue to tell me the first title she can think of and she replied AoT.
I don't force her to watch anime. :messenger_sunglasses:
Maybe she'd want to? 😏

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Danmachi's S3 was redeemed in those last episodes.
DUAGYsg.gif

Freya is still best girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
One Piece Chapter 1000 even trending on twitter

1000%20Page%208-9.png

1000%20Page%2011.png

1000%20Page%2014-15.png

1000%20Page%2016-17v2.png
Oda ended chapter 1000 with a BANG!
Luffy walking past Kaido and Big Mom to check on Kinemon reminded of a similar Goku moment (against the Ginyu force?) It was really cool. I can't think of a better way to conclude the 1000th chapter than Luffy declaring his catchphrase and basically saying fuck you to two of the biggest names in the pirate world.

Kumomeme

Luffy walking past Kaido and Big Mom to check on Kinemon reminded of a similar Goku moment (against the Ginyu force?) It was really cool. I can't think of a better way to conclude the 1000th chapter than Luffy declaring his catchphrase and basically saying fuck you to two of the biggest names in the pirate world.
yeah... how he nonchalantly walking past two, and even put those 2 behind his back without turn around while checking on kinemon is purely badass

TTOOLL

So... One Piece 1000. I got chills all the way throughout the chapter, I was kinda shaking at the end. I was hyped and it delivered, I’m even more hyped now.

Cutty Flam

Banned

yeah... how he nonchalantly walking past two, and even put those 2 behind his back without turn around while checking on kinemon is purely badass

So... One Piece 1000. I got chills all the way throughout the chapter, I was kinda shaking at the end. I was hyped and it delivered, I’m even more hyped now.
What's going to happen in this fight? They're both targets, but Luffy and Zoro are the only ones with a score to settle with Big Mom since she was the one who extorted Sanji and pinned him down in her territory for her gain. I can see Zoro clashing Big Mom in a sword fight. She has Napoleon, so there will definitely be a clash between the two of them at some point. Maybe Zoro and Killer will keep her busy while Luffy/Law/Kid go full force at Kaido. I can honestly see Kaido demolishing Law or Kid and eventually Luffy will be the only one left to take him down. There's just no margin for error at all. One hit from Kaido and you're limbless or on the verge of death

I think Luffy, after his fight with Katakuri and having learned Busoshoku Haki, is enough to take down Kaido by himself almost. The only issue is, I know Luffy can take and deal more damage now, but even with his newfound Haki abilities, it's Kaido....And in the background there's Big Mom who is unpredictable and might try to sneak in a pot shot at Luffy. How many hits can he take before it's over, even with Bushosoku Haki? That's what I'm trying to get a sense for atm

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Kumomeme

What's going to happen in this fight? They're both targets, but Luffy and Zoro are the only ones with a score to settle with Big Mom since she was the one who extorted Sanji and pinned him down in her territory for her gain. I can see Zoro clashing Big Mom in a sword fight. She has Napoleon, so there will definitely be a clash between the two of them at some point. Maybe Zoro and Killer will keep her busy while Luffy/Law/Kid go full force at Kaido. I can honestly see Kaido demolishing Law or Kid and eventually Luffy will be the only one left to take him down. There's just no margin for error at all. One hit from Kaido and you're limbless or on the verge of death

I think Luffy, after his fight with Katakuri and having learned Busoshoku Haki, is enough to take down Kaido by himself almost. The only issue is, I know Luffy can take and deal more damage now, but even with his newfound Haki abilities, it's Kaido....And in the background there's Big Mom who is unpredictable and might try to sneak in a pot shot at Luffy. How many hits can he take before it's over, even with Bushosoku Haki? That's what I'm trying to get a sense for atm
Zeus attack wont affect Luffy since he is rubber. Also Luffy should be able to use defense technique like Rayleigh use. I predict Luffy will grow more during the fight. He will struggle and sacrifice his body like how his fight against Katakuri and Crocodile. I guess it wont be smooth teamwork too. The other 2 captain surely gonna bickering among each other and knowing Oda, he would add more condition to the situation, added more layer to the situation. It either something to do with the flying island or Big Mom/ commander pull something. It not necessary going stay 5 vs 2 until end of the fight. Also i predict Luffy will be the last man standing against Kaidou that will end up 1 vs 1. The fight will drag very long like how Luffy fight against Rob Lucy and Crocodile. The other character match up not been decided to so we dont know who gonna take on the Tobbi Roppo and the other two commander.

Yamato will play crucial role. She will end up on the roof and i guess at climax Momo will finally conguered his fear of height and able to fly in his dragon form, helping or saving Luffy.

also
see Luffy silhouette there on left beside Big Mom panel?
1000%20Page%2016-17v2.png

maxresdefault.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This is like the stupidest premise for a manga I've ever seen... Kinda makes me wanna read it.

image.png
People often say that falling in love is a wonderful thing, but what if the one you fall in love with wants to be your mom?
A story about a boy who agreed to his childhood friend's proposition of becoming his "mom". He thought they were playing house, but she meant it for real.
Isamu doesn't stand out, and everyone calls him a "side character" behind his back. Even his passion for running doesn't get him anywhere on the track team, so he spends his nights languishing at a low-paying part-time job. It feels like everything he's holding in is going to boil over, but when people start getting infected with a mysterious illness that turns them into COOOOOOOOM monsters when sexually aroused, he will have to learn how to control the urges he has pent up inside in order to survive.

"Murakami Haruki? I know--it's actually Kadokawa Haruki." This is the story of some glasses guy and a piece of human trash who falls for a (fake) literature girl who has nothing going for her aside from her face.

Shouta

I just watched the first two episodes of Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation. They pre-aired them in advance of the show officially airing in January.

It's really fucking good. It follows the novel version though it does dial it back a bit in certain parts like the manga. With the way it's paced and all of the narration alongside what's going on on screen, it really gives off this feeling that we're watching Rudy rediscover life and his journey through it. Music is nice and really well-placed, there's a bit of goofiness in the facial expressions and situations like from the manga, and of course there's him being a degenerate still. Of all of the LN adaptations I've seen, these two feel like the most faithful to its source material and easily the best I've seen.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched the first two episodes of Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation. They pre-aired them in advance of the show officially airing in January.

It's really fucking good. It follows the novel version though it does dial it back a bit in certain parts like the manga. With the way it's paced and all of the narration alongside what's going on on screen, it really gives off this feeling that we're watching Rudy rediscover life and his journey through it. Music is nice and really well-placed, there's a bit of goofiness in the facial expressions and situations like from the manga, and of course there's him being a degenerate still. Of all of the LN adaptations I've seen, these two feel like the most faithful to its source material and easily the best I've seen.
This will catch plenty of flak on social media for the grooming bits since the MC is "moral". In fact it will get more flak than the sensual healing kusoge anime.

Shouta

This will catch plenty of flak on social media for the grooming bits since the MC is "moral". In fact it will get more flak than the sensual healing kusoge anime.

It probably will but I doubt it'll get as much flak as Redo of the Healer. I'd be surprised if it did. It might also depend on the dialogue and situation when it comes up, especially when the character who even says that is a bit of a moron/scumbag by the standards of the angry mob.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It probably will but I doubt it'll get as much flak as Redo of the Healer. I'd be surprised if it did. It might also depend on the dialogue and situation when it comes up, especially when the character who even says that is a bit of a moron/scumbag by the standards of the angry mob.
I think healer will get plenty of shit in the beginning but then people will just move on to NeetReborn not expecting Rudy to be this much of a scumbag. Either way, it will be hilarious.

Shouta

I think healer will get plenty of shit in the beginning but then people will just move on to NeetReborn not expecting Rudy to be this much of a scumbag. Either way, it will be hilarious.

A lot of Rudy's scumbag tendencies are kind of frontloaded and mostly in flashbacks though so Redo might take the edge off of that, pun intended. It's also not like he actually does many scumbag things in the story. He thinks scumbags and did stuff in the past but there's not much that he actually does that falls into that category. It'll really be a matter of how the monologue and dialogue pans out though.

But then again, thought is a crime nowadays. :pie_thinking:

Guilty_AI

some of those seem to be actually good

Cutty Flam

Banned
If Duke Dog Storm and Master Cat Viper fought Jack the Drought at Zou for five days before Jack lost patience and used gas in an attempt to kill them, that means the fight might have lasted longer. How much longer is tough to say, but if those two can fight Jack for five days, and those two being 2/9 of the Nine Red Scabbards--then how powerful/strong is Kaido exactly? The Nine Red Scabbards got destroyed by Kaido. Inuarashi and Nekomamushi were both in their sulong form during most of the fight as well; they still were all defeated by Kaido

And just how dangerous is Big Mom if she looks down on Kaido like some kind of little brother?

Chapter 999: "The Sake I Brewed to Drink with You"
Around three years ago, Ace came to Onigashima with his crew to fight Kaido, and dueled Yamato as Kaido was on an expedition. During the course of their fight, Ace grew to learn of Yamato's desire to leave Wano, and together the two of them damaged Kaido's great dragon statue. Back in the present, Marco takes Zoro up to the Dome's roof, confronting King and Queen. While doing this, he remembers how Whitebeard refused to go back to Wano and take on Kaido, and would not let Ace do so alone, with the crew's reasoning being that the damage and casualties would be too great even for the sake of avenging Kozuki Oden.

On the Dome's roof, the recently arrived Big Mom tells Kaido to kill all the Straw Hats he pleases except for Robin, whom she needs to read the Poneglyphs. Kaido tells her about his intention of placing Onigashima at the sight of the Kozuki Family's castle in the Flower Capital, and she inquires about the location of his Road Poneglyph, wanting him to repay the favor she did by giving him his Devil Fruit on God Valley 38 years ago.

So even Whitebeard, whose treasure is his family his crew, calculated that the loss would be too enormous, and instead of avenging his fallen brother opted to keep his family/crew in tact. Maybe if Whitbeard were in his prime it would be different, but we all know how powerful that Whitebeard was even at age 72, even when he's been impaled at his age during battle, he still almost pulled off killing an admiral and Teach....So this all speaks to Kaido's immense power

The Worst Generation is about to face hell. Big Mom + Kaido at the same time? This is almost unfathomable strength. The crazy part is, I think Luffy and Roronoa are about on their level. Not in total strength or power, but in fighting ability they have the edge so it is fair to say that this can go either way. The tipping point will depend on what Law, Kid, Killer can do I think. At this point, I can't really say if Luffy or Zoro would survive this fight 2v2 given their age and lack of experience. Big Mom and Kaido have the upper hand in this fight given a lot of factors, even if they are outnumbered by rookies / supernovas

This post was an attempt to measure the sheer power of a Yonko. Like I said in a previous post, there's no way Oda can scale it as such I would imagine, but this battle on the roof of Onigashima is probably upwards of 100X or more the battle Luffy fought against Doflamingo in Dressrosa. Kaido can destroy entire villages in WANO while he's intoxicated....I have no idea how any of the supernovas outside of Luffy can win this battle tbh unless Kidd is an animal or Law has been calculating a major strike all this time for this very moment. I think Killer is essentially useless in this fight

Cutty Flam

Banned
Adding onto what was said:

Pretty sure I made a mistake in somewhat underestimating the five supernovas in their fight versus Big Mom and Kaido

-Luffy has proven now that he is basically on Yonko level. At Whole Cake Island, he managed to take down Yonko Commander / Sweet General, Charlotte Cracker, who could produce entire armies at the clap of a hand. He took down Big Mom's right hand man and most powerful Yoko Commander / Sweet General in Charlotte Katakuri after having also fought through another army stacked with Big Mom's children or crew

-Eustass Kidd has actually seen more battle with Yonko than Luffy, considering that he has fought Shanks and Kaido. Luffy only engaged with Big Mom enough to get one hit in while at WCI, his only aim was to retrieve Sanji and rescue him from WCI; it was never to take down Big Mom. Whereas with Eustass Kid, he challenged Shanks head on and lost his arm. Eustass "Captain" Kid should know more than anyone there, what it's like to take on Yonko. He lost his own arm to Shanks, and we don't know how his fight versus Kaido went. But the fact that he's going after Kaido even after losing to Shanks shows his resolve and that he's there for a reason. We just can't say or determine how much he learned or got from his encounters in battle versus Shanks + Kaido

-KIller has to hide his face from the world because of Kaido. He is directly affected by Kaido's wicked ways and for life. This fight for him, is probably about as personal as it is for Law

-Trafalgar D. Water Law aimed to take down Kaido probably longer than anyone. At some point during his affiliation with the Donquixote Pirates he must have discovered who was higher on the food chain than Doffy and who Doffy reported to / worked for. It was probably at a very young age that Law had his mind set to kill Kaido as well as Donquixote Doflamingo. This fight on the rooftop of Onigashima is what he's been pursuing for longer than anyone we assume. Killer and Law have the most convincing reasons to attack and kill Kaido but their strength is the most in question in this battle. I think Law has intelligence on his side as well as a devil fruit that can completely throw his opponents off guard. A lot will ride on his tactics and stratagem(s) that he may have premeditated for this fight, because we saw how easily he became a non-factor in the Doflamingo fight

-Roronoa Zoro having trained under the strongest Swordsman, Juracule Mihawk, for two years is likely on Yonko level just as Luffy is. Mihawk's prowess with a sword = Shank's so if Zoro can contend with Mihawk then he can likely manage versus Shanks, who has challenged Kaido and seemed to have come to draw essentially in their skirmish. Shanks can hold his own versus Blackbeard who is definitely OP so it's probably accurate to say that Luffy and Zoro are likely enough if the others fail and don't contribute much to the fight

I love the theme to Aizenborg (Arabic & Japanese). While searching I found it & original movie.

The channel hosting it is nuts, highly recommend a browse through. Tons of bronze age stuff, animation, live action, mix of both & movies.

Return of the Dinosaurs

Robotix - The Movie (1985)

Raiders Of Galaxy (1982) Classic Cartoon

Superman Episode 01- The Mad Scientist (&Mechanical monsters) | Classic Cartoons

A lot of classic Christmas stuff & classic Alice in Wonderland (1915)

Top Bottom