• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.3%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 38.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 36 17.8%

• Total voters

Guilty_AI

Any recommendations other than the obvious for winter anime?
Boku no Isekai spider is probably the only decent thing aside from the new seasons of stuff ǎ̶͈l̴̤̽s̵̤͋o̴̩̅ ̵̦͆b̶̡̊e̴̝̕ ̷͙̇ḁ̶̒ ̵͇̏m̵̪͘a̵̩̎n̴̨̈́ ̶̢̚á̶̤n̶̝̓ḏ̸͂ ̸̙̍r̸̻͗e̴̻͒a̷̖̅d̷̺̏ ̵̟͗ṃ̸̀a̴͇͌n̸̟̈́g̵̤̀a̶̝̍ ̴̼͗į̷̀ṇ̵̈́s̵̘̋t̴̳̋ẻ̷̼a̶̛͔d̷̹̉

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
wiggle-waggle-traps-toriko-and-sorao.jpg

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I was vibing with the spider anime until it brought in some gaming stats bullshit. What the FUCK is that about? Also watched EX ARM. Anime of the year and we've only just started.

Naibel

So what's the GAF consesus on the new Higurashi anime by Studio Passione? Good? Bad? Horrible?

For me, it's alright, but the show took too long to get rolling. We finally got some good gore in the last episode but the cuter design of it all makes it less impactful. I expect things to get better from now on. Keiichi is a lot more annoying in here though.

The MAL average score is stupidly low btw, maybe a mix of too high expectations and people not digging the new chara-design.

Labolas

Jujutsu Kaiden is going to their tournament arc, ugh... The new OP and ED aren't as good as the first ones they used.

Beaststars is good though. Louis is handled pretty much the same as he is in the manga. Look forward to how they handle the mysterious killer arc in this.

I was vibing with the spider anime until it brought in some gaming stats bullshit. What the FUCK is that about? Also watched EX ARM. Anime of the year and we've only just started.

Holy shit I'm in awe of what I watched.

First of all characters barely move their eyes like in some PS1 game. Their eyes are wide open like they're psychos. The voice actors go through a range of emotions but the characters have little to no expressions... wtf. And everything from the animation to the colors is so bland and half-assed.

And if they don't want to show the private parts of the characters in that AI space, why not just zoom into their upper body instead of putting that white flash?

The worst thing is the 2D art standing right next to a 3D model and the difference couldn't be more glaring.

How can people work on this and expect it to remotely be well received? Why not stick to 2D with economical techniques like still shots a la Dezaki? Shit even the latest episode of Nanatsu no Taizai pulls it off.

Last edited:

O-N-E

First ep of Wonder Egg is.... Impressive. I was ready to write it off when I first saw it with a Yuri tag, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore on MAL. Don't know if that was a mistake, or if it's not a big enough focus to be a tag.

Production quality was great though. Animation and sound design, both quite impressive. Wondering if that's gonna stay the case after ep 1.

Story-wise it sort of gives me an FLCL vibe if it was more serious and tried to make some sort of sense.

Main character kinda gives off autistic vibes.

Nice overall. Except for the one part where it became obvious the episode's story-board artist was into feet.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Having fun with Carole & Tuesday. I really like the semi futuristic depictions of Mars mixed with current-day programs (Instagram still exists, and they have an actual Instagram account even.)

Moreover, the music is pretty brilliant. Its all cheeky teen pop, sometimes even quite bizarre and avantgarde, but its all of a rather high quality. It is by Studio Bones made for their 20 year anniversary, and it really does not disappoint.

I am a fan of anime series that take a slightly more serious tone, more coming-of-age like and Carole & Tuesday fits that bill. Netflix really hosts a lot of hi quality anime and i have seen quite a heap of shows and movies since i started watching a few years ago.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Carole & Tuesday went out with a bang. I know a place near work that sells DVD versions of a ton of anime movies - They practically have the entire Ghibli collection localized (and with original voices). They are costly, but its so tempting.. C&T is a series i would happily would have physical, aswell.

But there are so many good ones - Forest of Piano is also a good one if you like easy listening to classical music. The premise sounds utterly dire (Youngsters that want to compete at a piano concours) but its nice. Your Lie In April is a similar tale, although that one goes more indepth in personal development and therefore moved me more. I like series that reflect upon the world and who we are as people.

Then there is March Comes In Like A Lion (about the game Shoqi, very in depth on self-reflection and isolationism) and Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day which is, especially in the latter episodes, a downright beautiful coming-of-age story.

Starting 7 Seeds tonight after reading the synopsis blurb. 24 episodes aswell, so its a great 1.5/2 weeks watching in the evenings when coming back from work.

Given what series i have picked so far, this should be equally fun.

Guilty_AI

I'm 100% sure you have played everything I have and more lol.
I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of VNs i have played or am playing. It's the only reason why i held off on making a thread about it.
DDLC, Katawa Shoujo, VA-11 Hall-A, Saya no Uta and Higurashi

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of VNs i have played or am playing. It's the only reason why i held off on making a thread about it.
DDLC, Katawa Shoujo, VA-11 Hall-A, Saya no Uta and Higurashi

Try Muv Luv, Wonderful Everyday, Steins Gat, Fata Morgana and Totono if you want to have a reason to hate me.

MeteorVII

What does everyone here think are the Top 5 Greatest Anime/Manga Arcs of all time?

This could be in regards to anything; action, comedy, storytelling etc.

For me, I’d have to say:

5. Breserk - Golden Age
4. Attack on Titan - Female Titan
3. Naruto - Chunin Exams
2. Death Note - L
1. One Piece - Water 7 Saga

Honourable Mentions:

Dragon Ball Z - Saiyan Saga
Naruto Shippuden - Pain Saga
One Piece - Dressrosa
One Piece - Marineford
Bleach - Soul Society
Monster - The Town Massacre

Sakura

Oh well, do you have any VNs you'd highly recommend? Just so i can whip up a nice list for the OP.
Kanon
Little Busters
Baldr Sky
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi
Muv-Luv
Rance III
Rance VI
Rance VII
Rance IX
Rance X
Tsuyokiss
White Album 2
Eien no Aselia
Fate/Stay Night
Mai-HiME
Root Double

Some games I liked.
No idea what is in English or not.

CGiRanger

Banned
It'll be interesting to see if Redo of Healer gets anywhere near the treatment that Shield Hero or Goblin Slayer got in social media. Today's episode was 100x more twisted than those other two shows put together. If it doesn't, then I'll be definitely wondering why.

It'll be interesting to see if Redo of Healer gets anywhere near the treatment that Shield Hero or Goblin Slayer got in social media. Today's episode was 100x more twisted than those other two shows put together. If it doesn't, then I'll be definitely wondering why.
Don’t know that one. What happens in it?

-Minsc-

This randomly generates abominations and sometimes good stuffs
Freaky

Creepy

and Amazing

Edit:

Sort of off, but not bad.

Last edited:

Dunki

Just watched the first two uncensored episodes of Redo of healer. Yeah they should have made it a hentai to be honest. But episode 2 especially was allready pretty gruelsome. Will watch it all just to see how far they will go^^

Otherwise 2.43: Seiin High School Boys Volleyball Team is pretty nice so far.

Top Bottom