• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

kiiltz

You mad bruv?! FIFTEEEEEENNNNN?!😭 Please don’t tell me you’re one of those fellas that watches those shite school anime with horny boys and girls😂

egGY62A.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
It seems we don't have a thread for this and since JoJo is back I figured anime is saved. /s

https://animeuknews.net/2018/06/joj...-aureo-anime-adaptation-officially-announced/
http://anichart.net/Summer-2018

(However if we already have one pls delete this mods)

Fall 2018 Anime Picks
WIP FUCK IT IM LAZY If you want to add something please post ^^
Toaru Majutsu no Index III

What is this? LN based anime where powers are a thing because science even though it borders on magic/religion. These nerds are called espers and unlike railgun this mostly follows shonen like hero Toma and loli nun whose mostly known for his unisex take on justice and punching indiscriminately because equalism. Totally not OP yet rated zero his power is nullifying magic in a world full of it but it cancels out because he has zero magic of his own and luck ok? Right. Of course in set world nations try to exploit these espers and have institutions based around the world because power struggles. Index III is set 8 years after Index II like holy fuck man wh... I mean Index II takes place after the Ooga Booga Arc. What you don't know what that is? Well you have time to watch the previous two seasons then right?

Is this for me? You like ham fisted speeches, action, science fiction themes and magic but want violence to go with that? Somewhat likable characters set in a unique world even when there are 10,000 other animes with a similar premise however this is taken globally with actual stakes on the line rather than school battle shonen shit? Random comedy from time to time?

Goblin Slayer

Synopsis - A young priestess has formed her first adventuring party, but almost immediately they find themselves in distress. It's the Goblin Slayer who comes to their rescue—a man who's dedicated his life to the extermination of all goblins, by any means necessary. And when rumors of his feats begin to circulate, there's no telling who might come calling next...

Is it for me? Standard Isekai harem fodder. Did you enjoy Re:Zero? Want something lighter and without Emilia? Sex? Oh wait censorship. You'll like this.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

Synopsis - Lonely thirty-seven-year-old Satoru Mikami is stuck in a dead-end job, unhappy with his mundane life, but after dying at the hands of a robber, he awakens to a fresh start in a fantasy realm...as a slime monster! As he acclimates to his goopy new existence, his exploits with the other monsters set off a chain of events that will change his new world forever!

Why even watch this? Like Goblin Slayer this is another Isekai difference being it takes a different approach to things. Namely even with its bubbly atmosphere it is far more mature in world building and it features a fully grown man reincarnated as a slime. Closest we have gotten to a well put together Isekai made into anime until we get Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? animated IMHO.

Golden Kamuy 2nd Season

Synopsis - In Hokkaido, the far northern lands of Japan, Sugimoto survived the Russo-Japanese war of the Meiji era. Nicknamed "Invincible Sugimoto" during the war, he now seeks the riches promised by the gold rush in hopes of saving the widowed wife of his now deceased comrade from the war. During his hunt for gold, he finds hints of a hidden stash of gold by corrupt criminals. Partnering with an Ainu girl that saves his life from the harsh climates of the north, they venture into a survival adventure in a race against the criminals that seek the hidden stash.

Sell me this! Psychopaths. Extremely likable psychopaths and tough as hell characters set in the Meiji era. Too bad the budget is Kemono.

Does anyone know where I can buy all volumes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean in English?

Cutty Flam

Banned
Thanks for the answers. I've also really been wanting to collect the One Piece manga volumes. Is there a cheap website that sells manga that you guys enjoy purchasing from? Should I just start going to random book stores and begin there, buy all at once at ebay? I intend to have all the manga and all the DVDs one day, it's the only thing since Pokemon cards that I have a strong desire to collect. Actually, manga in general I would love to begin collecting

Mista

Banned
Thanks for the answers. I've also really been wanting to collect the One Piece manga volumes. Is there a cheap website that sells manga that you guys enjoy purchasing from? Should I just start going to random book stores and begin there, buy all at once at ebay? I intend to have all the manga and all the DVDs one day, it's the only thing since Pokemon cards that I have a strong desire to collect. Actually, manga in general I would love to begin collecting
Amazon your best friend. There’s plenty of other Japanese sites that sells them but I’m sure you don’t want the Japanese version

Jooxed

Gold Member
Nice!

You were saying that comedies are hit and miss for you right? Have you tried Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo? What are your opinions on baseball games and park benches?

Apologies for the delayed response, haha I dont.. i dont know how to respond to this... I haven't really tried anything strictly comedy yet I've been relying on my boss to guide me through the anime world.

Top 3 for me being

Hunter X Hunter (Gon is the best boi)
One Piece
Mob Psycho 100

Also Enjoying: Black Clover, Fire Force, One Punch Man (hilarious), My Hero Academia, Alchemist Brotherhood(Completed), Demon Slayer

He had be just start Beelzebub, again i'm super new to anime I only watched Naruto and Bleach when I was younger and remember disliking them

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Newest Shonen Jump My Hero Academia popularity poll was released. The fujos won of course

The hero outfits they are wearing in the poll illustration are awesome!

akovon50k7441.jpg

giphy.gif

DESTROYA

Newest Shonen Jump My Hero Academia popularity poll was released. The fujos won of course

The hero outfits they are wearing in the poll illustration are awesome!

akovon50k7441.jpg

giphy.gif
Speaking of SJ I really hate they went all digital and miss the weekly magazine formate in the USA.
Wasn’t too bad when you could subscribe to the magazine digitally on a weekly basis but stopped subscribing when they changed everything.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
AL is getting a 3 month delay because of QUALITY.

It was too much for the poor little new studio and the one animator sabotaging it while also working on FGO I guess. Here is hoping the BD does AL justice...and no more censorship?
if5y7Cs.jpg

Or gives us a Queen's Orders adaptation.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
@SLoWMoTIoN I told you Choyuyu was Dumb Dr. Stone.

I just didn't think they'd actually make a sulfa drug on this show too :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It is literally Danganronpa x self insert. I think I read more Dr. Stone before I dropped it. So yes, it is dumber than Dr.Stone. :/

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Been watching random old anime lately. Saw the Crusher Joe OVAs and thought they were a fun ride. Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai! was interesting, but took some effort to keep up with everything going on. Also watched Ex-Drivers and had a good time with that. It was surprisingly spot on with the whole self-driving car thing.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Another great day to watch an episode of One Piece. I just watched episode 745, and I'm still completely in awe and amazed at how incredible this work of art is. My hat is off to Eiichiro Oda, this anime (and probably manga too) is nothing short of extraordinary

Doom85

Finished Land of the Lustrous a few days ago. Well, since Re:Zero is already getting one, this has easily skyrocketed to my #1 spot of series needing a follow-up season. Holy shit, this was a top notch production, and Phos' character arc was so solid.

Also, I find it so funny one of the characters was named Bort. I instantly thought of this:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My Hero Academia The Movie 2: HEROES : RISING is out today in Japan

ocbww2tm4s541.jpg

Here's a poster for the movie

MHA_HeroesRising_KeyArt_noLogo_Vertical-1-729x1024.jpg

Surprised to see Hawks is in the movie.

Last edited:

manfestival

Just a few thoughts as the season is coming to the end.
My hero academia - gift that keeps on giving. Just REALLY wish they would stop introducing everyone and going over their abilities EVERY season. I can understand the reason why but I don't like it or want it. 8/10
Fire Force - a great show and I feel it is completely underrated. A side thought, I like how well integrated things are in the show but I have heard complaints about the fan service. They did a good job of "justifying" it's existence if you will. However, I can certainly understand how this fan service can be jarring or even off putting to anyone that is a fan of shonen. 8/10
Africa no Salaryman - This show has a special place in my heart. It is probably a 6 or 5 out of 10 show but I really personally like it. 6/10
Dr Stone - The big heavy hitter that does enough to keep intrigue but it feels like the show to me is too predictable while pretending to be unpredictable. I personally like every other show on this list more. 7/10
No guns life - The show is still going but it is very interesting. 7/10 so far
Shinchou Yuusha - Isekai is not my cup of tea but this show... show of the season by far. 9/10

I watched some other shows but I really could not get into them. Not fair for me to rate them on that basis.

Top Bottom