• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anita Sarkeesian: "No more excuses for the lack of women at E3".

angelic

Banned
Imagine all the women that were reduced to being full time strippers or move to live streaming just to make ends meet. I oddly know a few women like that, myself.

145232543_7a51ffd81f_b.jpg

8c89a590f56e16a9248502.jpg

Why do SJW's have to be so hard on attractive women?

Honestly? Because they refuse to make the best of themselves. They wont diet, exercise, dress well, or put in any work on their looks. It's why they dye their hair blue and shave half off, they're very deliberately removing themselves from competing in attraction. Effectively rejecting everyone, before people can reject them, deliberate self ostracism.

Which is all fine, but now so many are doing it, we now have a herd of dyed hair cattle roaming the plains, who hate themselves but hate you more, bleating their bile at anyone within range, on a mission to stop anyone else enjoying anything.

I know plenty of girls at my work place who I would have no problem taking to bed, having a kid with, or marrying but they're not "booth babe material".

On the opposite side of things, there are cases when atractive women have a hard enough time finding relations with average looking men (or vise versa) because of the intimidation factor that they carry, or because they have become victim to the whole "out of my league" thought process mentality. Which gives them a smaller pool of potential partners. I know some single tractive women who would be happy to find just a regular looking dude to have children/ a family with.

Last edited:

Shmunter

The ironic thing is, as visual as men are, we have much, MUCH lower standards than women.

When men and women rate images of each without context, women's looks come out as a typical bell line, most average, about half again as above or below average, a d half again beautiful or ugly.

Women put most mens looks as below average to ugly, with fewer 'average' looking men than men think there are above average women, and barely any rated as handsome.

It's why dating apps like Tinder and the rest end up with 80% of the women going after the same 20% of the most handsome, muscular, well dressed and rich appearing guys.

Males might care about looks first and foremost, but they're also far less fussy and more realistic about actual real life dating options.

Haha, on the 20 vs 80. I don’t agree with the sentiment. I think people find each other all the time. But maybe I’m out of touch, because we used to meet in a bar, or friends via parties etc. Am I one of these out of touch guys?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, on the 20 vs 80. I don’t agree with the sentiment. I think people find each other all the time. But maybe I’m out of touch, because we used to meet in a bar, or friends via parties etc. Am I one of these out of touch guys?

I wouldn’t say out of touch, but online dating is much more about looks than meeting people in person where personalities can shine.

Especially for straightwomen as remotely attractive ones in populated areas get tons of matches on Tinder or messages from dudes on other platforms almost immediately after signing up and every day thereafter.

Thus they aren’t even reading messages, much less replying, if they don’t find the person hot as they have to filter down first. Thus witty first messages etc go unread unless someone is found hot.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that per se, but online dating definitely skews even more to being easier for traditionally attractive people than in person ways of meeting people.

The 20/80 rule of dating and attraction has actually shown up repeatedly in numerous studies, including one that looked at genetics of modern humans vs archeological remains, and its estimated that of all the humans who ever lived to breeding age, about 80% of women managed to reproduce and pass on their gene's, while only 20% of all men ever have.

It all makes sense really when you think about it. Unusually amongst apes, in humans women are the sexually selective sex, and due to the time and resources needed to successfully birth and raise children on the part of a mother, while men can knock a woman up and simply bugger off after, competition to get selected as both a good mate and worth while provider of genetics is going to end up with most men failing to be up to standard.

In today's climate of casual sex and short term relationships, of course those few guys are going to get all the girls, because it's a system that can only work that way with our instincts the way they are.

Infact I'd go so far as to say the reason monogamous marriage exists in pretty much every civilisation that's ever existed around the world is because it's the only way to balance productivity and stable social structures against the natural gender imbalance of our mating behavior.

Last edited:

ROMhack

Honestly? Because they refuse to make the best of themselves. They wont diet, exercise, dress well, or put in any work on their looks. It's why they dye their hair blue and shave half off, they're very deliberately removing themselves from competing in attraction. Effectively rejecting everyone, before people can reject them, deliberate self ostracism.

Which is all fine, but now so many are doing it, we now have a herd of dyed hair cattle roaming the plains, who hate themselves but hate you more, bleating their bile at anyone within range, on a mission to stop anyone else enjoying anything.

I have a few friends who've done this and most of the time it's pretty obvious they're rejecting the outside world because they can't handle something inside themselves. In these situations - which obviously don't represent everybody with coloured hair - there has been a significant amount of mental health issues involved. I've seen them post on Facebook about trying to find ways to accept themselves for who they are. It makes me feel sorry for them because they're my friends but man, yeah, there's some messed up people :(

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
They got booted because thots on twitch painting their boobs live for tips for 12 year olds did not want to compete with better looking woman that are earning more. :messenger_dizzy: See ZombiUnicorn. 🤡🌍
That’s unfortunate. Sigh

E3 has progressively got worse over the years it seems, and it’s going to keep going down hill.

Reactions: Isa
Imagine how miserable it must be to be her.
She literally believes by her own admission that everything, EVERYTHING is racist and sexist and that she HAS to make as much of a fuss about it as possible.

I don't even buy that she's a grifter. I don't think she's pretending to be outraged by the world for the crowdfunding money, or even the attention. She seems to genuinely believe the claptrap she prosphetises, to actual see the world as nothing more than hive minded groups, United only by superficial similarities, driven to attack each other for politically power in pursuit of the singular goal of material wealth.

It just sounds so lonely, and sad, and exhausting. I'd pity her if she weren't ruining peoples lives and making on of my hobbies a lot less fun.

I do kind of fancy her though. I feel kind of dirty for the thought, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't totally hit that given the opportunity.

SaucyJack

So post E3 I believe it is still the case that Anita could go out and make whatever video game she wants and put that forward to see how the market receives it.

How does she know who identifies as a women? Maybe it was all women presenters. This stuff is such nonsense, gaming had never been so good and has never represented more view points. The left will never have satisfaction on any of these issues.

Anita in about 5 years
I'd like to think this is a joke, but I live by the rule that you should never attribute intention to anything that can be just as easily explained by incompetence, and that looks like some powerfully stupid deductive incompetence.

Nope, I forgot her name but that woman is for real, I remember that and another video where she accuses a mailman of stalking her.

Depressing to see that video dated 2013 and to think this insanity goes back that far.

Bullet Club

Non-stop Anita.

Successful games like Horizon Zero Dawn, starring a young woman and released post-Feminist Frequency, demonstrate the folly of prior game industry dogma, that white, male protagonists were the only way to go. “Without a doubt, the work that we did with Tropes and that cultural conversation that we opened, directly led to these opportunities,” she says. “It’s mind-blowing because nobody is getting mad that games like Horizon Zero Dawn are being made. No one important is getting mad because Lara Croft has smaller boobs all of a sudden.”

Then there are the games companies that are demonstrably slow to react to change. “We’re seeing improvements but there’s still a lot of really awful things coming out of the industry,” she says. “Like Steam’s slow response to the rape game. Like women being fired for speaking out about things. They still don’t get it. In all of these conversations we’ve had over the last six or seven years, they still don’t understand. Or maybe they do understand, and they don’t care.

“That’s part of privilege. You can see the studios who just didn’t know any better, versus the ones that are now batting down the hatches and saying, everything we do must always be about men, and aimed at men.”

Wpk7FYE.gif

CSJ

While Anita's goals are admirable the biggest issue I see anyone who has a problem with her have is the way she does it is disingenuous.

Her biggest flaw is that she selectively uses information that comes down to confirmation bias and amounts to making up facts; and doesn't provide a counter argument to balance it.
The most reduction way of explain it is like saying "Women in this game do xyz" instead of saying, "Both women and men in game do xyz". She will omit important information to prove a point.

There are better ways to go about making a point than having to do that and I think that's why she's had a lot of hate, because she lacks the imagination and skill to do it properly and as to amount to hyperbole.

I wouldn't have a problem with her if she didn't talk drivel so much, and to not understand how much you're going to rile the idiots on the internet up by acting like that is so ignorant.
Understand your fucking audience and quit with the bullshit.

Other people do it way, way better. She just makes the most noise and drama.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Non-stop Anita.

Wpk7FYE.gif

It could’ve been a dude in a loincloth tripping over his balls every 20 yards, and it still would’ve been a successful game.

It was a well polished package. Pun intended.

It’s also funny how she includes the word white, as if white women off all women could be equated with minority groups.

Last edited:

KonradLaw

God, she must be terryfied of sliding into irrelevance. Her recent outburst have been so desperate and the puff piece at Polygon reeks of desperation too.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
she heard about the allegations in 2014, meaning for 6 years she played cover for this guy while taking his money in public

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Dev1lXYZ

I want her to show up at an event and get called out on her grifting. Like yelling screaming and pointing, so it makes Twitter. That would be an awesome spectacle to behold.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
she confessed on her personal blog, so it will come out

besides they have more important things to talk about, like Kamala Harris clapping back at Megan McCain

they'll get to it eventually

LordKasual

Banned
While Anita's goals are admirable the biggest issue I see anyone who has a problem with her have is the way she does it is disingenuous.

Other people do it way, way better. She just makes the most noise and drama.

This right here is why I've never understood the such intense disdain for her.

Like, she's obviously extreme. People will listen to her, but literally nobody is going to take her at face value except the types of guys who feel compelled to appease women LIKE Anita.

Just...ignore her. It's not like she's going to influence everyone and it's not like she has any real power to change people's established tastes.

The only reason Anita became as well-known as she is, is because the incel weirdos that took a disliking to her HATED her SO MUCH that the responses and attacks to her videos became bigger than the videos themselves.

Anita's haters are what made her lol.....and they're the reason she will never die.

Last edited:
Top Bottom