• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anita Sarkeesian's astounding 'garbage human' moment at Vidcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The "real life shitpost" equated to sitting in the audience at her panel. If that's what we're going to be calling harassment that's just pathetic.

Just a reminder these people have been harassing her for years and years now. If someone made your life a living hell for years on end I doubt you'd just stand around and ignore them if they were sitting 3 rows deep right in front of you.

Anita Sarkeesian threads are like bug zappers for shitty people on GAF.

gu9ehi6.png

D i Z

The "real life shitpost" equated to sitting in the audience at her panel. If that's what we're going to be calling harassment that's just pathetic.

This doesn't even make any sense. Do you even know what harassment is? Of course you do. I see where you're going though.

So do you not believe in restraining orders?

Notice how the welfare state is only shunned when it gives black people a hand.

All of the land and capital poor white people were basically just given for free after the natives were killed and run off? Manifest destiny, bitches.
We can't let those filthy coloreds or women have a step up.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Why are you conveniently ignoring all the harassment that Sargon's followers and many reactionary fools have directed at Anita through the years?
Because he knows that he can't possibly refute that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just a reminder these people have been harassing her for years and years now. If someone made your life a living hell for years on end I doubt you'd just stand around and ignore them if they were sitting 3 rows deep right in front of you.

It's evident he has superhuman ignoring powers just like nesmar.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I have an acquaintance who's libertarian. Pro-choice, pro-LGBT rights, anti-war, lower prison terms, anti-death penalty, anti-police brutality and racism.

Granted, being against safety nets is a pretty damn shitty view. And the vast majority of "Libertarians" I've seen are just diet conservatives.

Good point. I'll give you the prison and police brutality. The rest is generally couched in beliefs that run counter to their claims though. For example, being against racism, but also against the civil rights act and anything that works to mitigate the effects of racism (right to discriminate).

Sai-kun

Banned
I have an acquaintance who's libertarian. Pro-choice, pro-LGBT rights, anti-war, lower prison terms, anti-death penalty, anti-police brutality and racism.

Granted, being against safety nets is a pretty damn shitty view that undermines everything else. And the vast majority of "Libertarians" I've seen are just diet conservatives.

it's hard to believe people when they tell me they're libertarian and also something like pro-lgbt, when most of the libertarian people i know are also not for anti-discrimination laws. that's not pro-lgbt. that's personal tolerance, not real allyship.

not saying your friend is like this, but i always have to wonder how libertarians reconcile stuff like that when it makes no sense.

Nepenthe

We can't let those filthy coloreds or women have a step up.

I worked hard to get where I am in a country that was systematically taken from the natives, built up off the backs of African and Asian slaves, and the wealth distributed mainly among people who happen to look like me. I've never had a handout.

HStallion

I don't like Anita and I don't like carl either. Both are pretty vile. Opposites sides of the same cloth

Yeah she made some mistakes about some videogames so that makes her the same as a group of virulent sexist shit bags.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't like Anita and I don't like carl either. Both are pretty vile. Opposites sides of the same cloth
What is so vile about Anita?

Remember, Carl blamed women and feminists for the Elliot Rodgers massacre. Please find something equally heinous about Anita, okay?

Not even remotely comparable.
I don't agree with everything Anita has said or done, myself, but she certainly is nowhere near close to the level of Carl and his cronies.

And the overall end result of Anita's work is good. She definitely deserves credit where it is due.
Meanwhile, Carl has done nothing but leech.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Correct me if I'm wrong but they only sat in the audience is what I've read until Anita singled out the lame youtuber and started name calling?

You are either being dishonest or you are hopelessly naive.

Avatar makes me think the former.

Come on now.

I'll get banned because I don't like Anita and carl?

You are equating them.

Which is incredibly silly or you are dishonest and have some kind of agenda.

Sexist self declared shitbag who harrasses people.

Person who maybe , maybe uses things for self promotion, maybe got a few facts wrong, calls for equal representation of women in games.

It's kind of amazing that they needed three fucking rows of dudes to even think of facing one single woman.

And by amazing I mean completely expected. Stay chickenshit GamerGate; stay badass, Anita.

whipihguh

Banned

There's always someone showing up shouting "both sides!" everytime some alt-right douchebags do something like this, but yet I don't see the other side doing shit half this petty.

Always downplaying this garbage, every single time. God forbid anyone rightfully criticize these people for their shitty behavior.

rackham

Banned
I'm genuinely curious how many "both sides are bad" or Sargon supporters are also trump supporters.

Then I need stats for anime avatars

HStallion

Two of the worst people on each side going at each other. Zzz.

For the millionth time, hate filled sexists who can't let it go are far far far worse than anything Anita has done. She could shit in my mouth and kick me in the dick and I'd still consider her a far far better person than Carl.

MUnited83

For you.
So, how many hours of your life do you waste digging through months of people's posts so you can say "Haha, I gotta now". Rather than just enjoying life and playing video games?

It's literally on the first page of his post history so he lost as much time as you did writing that pointless post.

"Why don't we just play videogames and have fun you guys" know what? You're right.

I'll go play Overwatch!

"FUCK NIGGER FAGGOT CUCK DYKE FAGGOT NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER JEWS"

Oh right.

That's why.

Toxi

Banned
it's hard to believe people when they tell me they're libertarian and also something like pro-lgbt, when most of the libertarian people i know are also not for anti-discrimination laws. that's not pro-lgbt. that's personal tolerance, not real allyship.

not saying your friend is like this, but i always have to wonder how libertarians reconcile stuff like that when it makes no sense.
He's gay, so I imagine that has something to do with him having a different perspective on the issue.

I don't think libertarianism makes sense period. But at least he puts his money where his mouth is on supporting things like choice for women.

Look if you don't like them, that's fine. To say they're equal in terms of how awful they are is clearly subjective and you aren't going to back it up but people are curious as to how these comparisons get made so we're hoping for some clarification.

Two of the worst people on each side going at each other. Zzz.

Hey look! Maybe you two can educate us, since you seem to be above it all.

IrishNinja

#bothsides team strong today

Shut up, bigot. You're a bigot because you call bigots bigots.

Am I doing this right?

i thought it was a bit more quaint with "mate" at the end myself

like why is it only ever one of these kinds of people at a time

it's like one gets banned so they send the next guy in

oh man what if they're working in shifts

So, how many hours of your life do you waste digging through months of people's posts so you can say "Haha, I gotta now". Rather than just enjoying life and playing video games?

i mean that one literally took a few minutes of scanning a single page of dude's posts, but i'm at work and have 13 something posts a day so clearly too much

It's literally on the first page of his post history so he lost as much time as you did writing that pointless post.

it was fairly quick, yeah. i'm way too lazy to go digging deep for receipts when it's not on page 1

Dynasty

No, I dont like Anita and Carl, I havent been banned so far. As long as you are able to state your reason why you dont like each and not try and say they are equal. Then yh you should be fine
I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom