• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ann Coulter has Twitter Meltdown over Delta Seat Assignment

Syriel

Normally a random set of tweets from Ann Coulter wouldn't be worth discussing, but the level of hypocrisy here is really quite funny, especially given her staunch advocacy for the free market.

Delta followed the contract of carriage, and didn't do anything wrong when it moved Coulter.

You'd think that, as a free market advocate, Coulter would realize that it was on her for agreeing to those terms in advance.

Nope. The snowflake had a meltdown.

You'd almost think that she would have preferred a system based on government regulation. ;)

Coulter then took a picture of the woman who was given the seat, and said she was "not an air marshal or tall person."

The conservative commentator said she was told the seat was given to the woman, who appeared to be sitting with her family, for an "emergency."

"Suckiest @Delta moved me from my PRE-BOOKED SEAT & gave it to some woman, not elderly, child, or sick. I have pictures so don't lie, @Delta!"

Source:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ann-coulter-bashes-delta-airlines-in-tweetstorm/ar-BBEwd3s

Edit:
Delta responded to WaPo's inquiry:

Washington Post said:
”It appears her new seat was in the same row, just not the exact seat she had selected," a Delta spokesman wrote to The Washington Post.

”It was an exit row seat (has extra leg room)," he wrote. ”She was moved from an aisle to a window. Same space, a few seats over."

Edit 2:
capture8fp9c.jpg

cameron

WaPo: Ann Coulter had to switch seats on a Delta flight. Then came the tirade.
Back when nearly everyone else on the planet seemed outraged at United Airlines over the violent de-seating of a paying passenger, Ann Coulter, as she so often does, shared her own unique take.

”Sorry about the dragging," she wrote in April. ”But convicted pill-mill doctor should be deported."

The bloodied passenger had a criminal history and immigrated from Vietnam, you see.

But so much for Coulter's nuanced take on air travel. On Saturday, she declared ”the worst airline in America" to be not United, but Delta Air Lines — which allegedly committed the offense of de-seating Ann Coulter.

Coulter didn't just slam Delta for moving her from her ”PRE-BOOKED seat" with extra leg room (to another seat in the same row, according to the airline). She also documented the experience in photos and tweet after tweet, which she shared with her 1.6 million followers, not to mention the wider spectrum of people fascinated by things Ann Coulter does.
Wasn't aware of her comments about Dr. David Dao and United Airlines.

Socivol

What did she say about that guy getting dragged off of that United flight? I have a feeling she was all for it.

I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals. I applaud the effort, at least.

On topic: She has a right to be upset. Poor customer service on Delta's part.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
What did she say about that guy getting dragged off of that United flight? I have a feeling she was all for it.

It's mentioned in this article:

WaPo: Ann Coulter had to switch seats on a Delta flight. Then came the tirade.

Wasn't aware of her comments about Dr. David Dao and United Airlines.

Back when nearly everyone else on the planet seemed outraged at United Airlines over the violent de-seating of a paying passenger, Ann Coulter, as she so often does, shared her own unique take.

“Sorry about the dragging,” she wrote in April. “But convicted pill-mill doctor should be deported.”

The bloodied passenger had a criminal history and immigrated from Vietnam, you see.

She's a real life, paid troll who is known to provocate in order to stand out from her peers.

Vyer

I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals. I applaud the effort, at least.

the term will always have a primary association, probably just not the one you're hoping for

Allforce

Does it say anywhere where she was flying to?

I only ask because I'm on vacation in Maui and yesterday in a small market I swear I saw Ann Coulter. I gave her 2 looks and she caught me the second time and had the "shit does he recognize me?" face. I told my wife (who didn't see her) and she said I was crazy but I'm normally pretty dead on with celebrity sightings.

It is kind of crappy no matter the situation if you pay in advance for anything service or commodity and not get it in the end.

Yeah, she's a free market, get over it type, until her own very real privilege gets a reality check.

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

Gleethor

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.
Amen

Syriel

Does it say anywhere where she was flying to?

I only ask because I'm on vacation in Maui and yesterday in a small market I swear I saw Ann Coulter. I gave her 2 looks and she caught me the second time and had the "shit does he recognize me?" face. I told my wife (who didn't see her) and she said I was crazy but I'm normally pretty dead on with celebrity sightings.

WaPo story says flight was NYC -> Florida.

It is kind of crappy no matter the situation if you pay in advance for anything service or commodity and not get it in the end.

If she paid for the extra legroom and didn't get what she paid for then she has every right to be pissed off.

Coulter got exactly what was promised by Delta in the CoC.

If she didn't like the terms, she should have picked a different airline. That is pretty much Coulter's exact argument on the free market. That people and companies should be able to contract freely and "the market" will sort it out.

Coulter has been advocating this exact same thing for health care.

Why is the free market good enough for "everyone else," but not for her? As others have pointed out, this kind of double-speak isn't unknown among the GOP.

Oh, and Delta responded to WaPo:

Washington Post said:
”It appears her new seat was in the same row, just not the exact seat she had selected," a Delta spokesman wrote to The Washington Post.

”It was an exit row seat (has extra leg room)," he wrote. ”She was moved from an aisle to a window. Same space, a few seats over."

Chumley

Banned

Wow. Stanning for Ann Coulter.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Yes, that's the idea. The Left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake and not, you know, pointing out the hypocrisy of said snowflake labelers.

Nekofrog

Banned

You must admit, the alt right is one of the biggest purveyors of projecting, to include the word "snowflake".

Future

I don't see how this hurts her appeals for a free market. The tirade she went on is exactly what you want to do in a free market. Without any negative consumer reaction the market won't adjust to anyone's needs.

Sure she is whiny and annoying as fuck. But it doesn't conflict with her beliefs as far as I can tell

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I don't see how this hurts her appeals for a free market. The tirade she went on is exactly what you want to do in a free market. Without any negative consumer reaction the market won't adjust to anyone's needs.

Sure she is whiny and annoying as fuck. But it doesn't conflict with her beliefs as far as I can tell

But she's complaining that Delta did something wrong, when they clearly didn't according to the contract Coulter agreed to when she bought the tickets.

cheezcake

It ain't about co-opting.

It's about Ann Coulter being the definition of a snowflake in the above, also like the entire alt-right movement being snowflakes. But hey they gotta project, project, project just like papa Donny.

Snowflakes are white and fragile; hardly a term that could be applied to minorities that are toughened by systematic injustice.

Shauni

I feel like the projection of the right has always been there to some degree, but it feels like within the last several years it's been absolutely incredible just how much it's been ramped up. I wonder if someone has written a book about this.

Tea.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I'm more relieved by the fact that 98% of the world will associate Wuthering Heights with Brontë's master piece, or even the song, and not some guy on the internet who's very concerned about people desecrating a stupid alt-right term he's apparantly quite fond of.

Dali

The seat's not guaranteed. End of story. If your particular spot was guaranteed what is the airline supposed to do if your plane is switched out for a different one with a completely different configuration?

Top Bottom