• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ann Coulter has Twitter Meltdown over Delta Seat Assignment

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

Hell yes, hell yes, hell fucking yes, son!

Lois_Lane

Sure. But a twitter war that may alienate millions of people isn't a good idea, imo. Believe it or not, that lady has a lot of supporters.

So?

A man was brutally beaten by United just for trying to keep his seat. Outside some bad pr they haven't suffered much for it. I doubt Anne Coulter's tears are going to affect anything.

Christine

Sure. But a twitter war that may alienate millions of people isn't a good idea, imo. Believe it or not, that lady has a lot of supporters.

This isn't a twitter war though. This is the general complaint desk. They've answered Ann's complaint and moved on to help dozens of other customers after her. She's not important. It's already scrolled off.

Ann Coulter holds little sway in the real world (outside of Alt-Right/Neo Nazi bubbles), and the thought of Delta giving two shits about her "influence" is definitely amusing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Coulter's idiot fans would have already boycotted Delta the moment she sent out that stupid tweet.

Fuchsdh

She is often a hypocrite, but I don't see where "free market advocacy" intersects with this. Airlines have notorious shitty service, and obstacles to free market disruption are one reason that they don't feel much pressure to improve service.

In other words, this just seems like "ha!" schadenfreude level laughter at a jerk pundit rather than any brilliant takedown of her worldview.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
She is often a hypocrite, but I don't see where "free market advocacy" intersects with this. Airlines have notorious shitty service, and obstacles to free market disruption are one reason that they don't feel much pressure to improve service.

In other words, this just seems like "ha!" schadenfreude level laughter at a jerk pundit rather than any brilliant takedown of her worldview.

I think in this case because she went after the other passenger without actually explaining what the claimed emergency was. Did we find out what it was?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

Well, again, it was in the contract Coulter agreed to when she boarded Delta. If this were anyone else, Ann would go on twitter attacking said person just the same and decrying "snowflake" culture while at it.

Chumley

Banned

She is whining over the exact same thing she'd be calling someone a snowflake for doing. That's the point you should be deeply embarrassed for missing.

Fuck me, Coulter stans coming out of the woodwork. What the hell is going on at GAF.

Syriel

Because Coulter got exactly what she paid for.

One of Coulter's arguments is that people and companies should be free to contract with each other.

Coulter contracted with Delta for transportation. The contract she agreed to specifically excludes guaranteed seat assignment.

Coulter is not some rube. She's an experienced lawyer. She knows how to read.

Delta performed all of its obligations under the agreed upon terms, yet Coulter felt the need to have a public meltdown and falsely accuse Delta of not holding up its end of the deal.

Free market advocacy does not include lying about contractual performance.

zBgwFZF.png

Damn

You are taking the word of a proven right wing racist liar over an airline over the quality of the service.

Fuchsdh

You are taking the word of a proven right wing racist liar over an airline over the quality of the service.

What bizarro world do you live in where airlines are fun experiences? I don't need Ann Coulter to "reveal" that airlines are shitty customer experiences on the regular.

What bizarro world do you live in where airlines are fun experiences? I don't need Ann Coulter to "reveal" that airlines are shitty customer experiences on the regular.

Monocle

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.
Pretty much nailed it.

MarionCB

If Delta can get the alt right to ban themselves from flying with them, then they've significantly improved their service and made me more likely to use them.

mAcOdIn

I'm curious, what exactly is the obstacle to this fanciful "free market disruption" that'd improve service? Not a total dig at you because I don't know your thoughts on this but I'm getting somewhat tired of hearing this, not just in regards to airlines but other large industries. Conservatives blame government regulation but if those "obstacles" went away would we truly be anywhere better? Is someone with the capital to buy a fleet of planes that rival United or Delta going to pop up and carry the same level of safety once the big bad government's out of the way just, nicer, or is it more likely that some asshole'd buy a shit-ton of budget tier planes that are way more dangerous but cheaper to undercut the big boys but increase fatalities every year?

The "free market's" been along long enough now that we should be able to more or less accept the fact that competitive disruptions are not a given, that there's no magical trait with the system that allows competitors to pop-up everywhere in every industry. Just as much as the concept of competition is accepted as a trait of the free market so should collusion and monopolies and we should recognize that sometimes barring the free market from doing it's thing can be a good thing.

While I'll admit I think there's certain things that could do with less regulation I'm not in any way remotely open to the possibility that air travel is one of them.

Fuchsdh

You're not fooling anyone.

Fooling anyone about what? Come out and say whatever you want to say. But your brain doesn't seem to understand the concept that not buying how this specific instance makes Coulter a hypocrite somehow makes me a defender of any of her other opinions.

I'm curious, what exactly is the obstacle to this fanciful "free market disruption" that'd improve service? Not a total dig at you because I don't know your thoughts on this but I'm getting somewhat tired of hearing this, not just in regards to airlines but other large industries. Conservatives blame government regulation but if those "obstacles" went away would we truly be anywhere better? Is someone with the capital to buy a fleet of planes that rival United or Delta going to pop up and carry the same level of safety once the big bad government's out of the way just, nicer, or is it more likely that some asshole'd buy a shit-ton of budget tier planes that are way more dangerous but cheaper to undercut the big boys but increase fatalities every year?

The "free market's" been along long enough now that we should be able to more or less accept the fact that competitive disruptions are not a given, that there's no magical trait with the system that allows competitors to pop-up everywhere in every industry. Just as much as the concept of competition is accepted as a trait of the free market so should collusion and monopolies and we should recognize that sometimes barring the free market from doing it's thing can be a good thing.

While I'll admit I think there's certain things that could do with less regulation I'm not in any way remotely open to the possibility that air travel is one of them.

Some of this is in fact caused by bad application of a hands-off approach by the government—for example, allowing airlines to merge to the point where they can easily stifle any competition. At the same time, federal agencies make flying way more painful (witness the TSA as the ultimate example of throwing money away, inconveniencing everyone and yet failing to actually protect us from threats) and another route to preventing competitors. The FAA is biased towards favoring large companies, especially when if you wanted to create the Uber of flying, you have to get special dispensation from the FAA before you can do anything.

I'm sure Coulter would disagree with me about the problems with the airline industry because I think the problem is bad regulation, not regulation itself. In general, it seems like the biggest difference between the US versus Europe in terms of prosecution of antitrust and anticompetitive rules is that the US seems to focus solely on prices—if prices are down, then ipso facto everything's working according to plan, when that's not actually a great metric for a healthy industry.

Chumley

Banned
Tip to everyone stanning for Coulter in this thread, here's what she thinks about the disabled.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ann-coulter-suggests-citizenship-denial-to-blind-disabled-immigrants/
Ann Coulter said:
”how about the wheelchair-only section? How about the section for the blind? Look, wish these people well, but we're not running an international charity here."

Fooling anyone about what? Come out and say whatever you want to say. But your brain doesn't seem to understand the concept that not buying how this specific instance makes Coulter a hypocrite somehow makes me a defender of any of her other opinions.

The reason you don't buy how this makes her a hypocrite is because you're at best completely ignorant about her, or you're all in on her right-wing hate speech. Take your pick.

Alucrid

Banned
can delta start adding an optional ann coulter fee where if she and i are on the same flight together she gets kicked off if i paid the fee?

"unacceptable"?? What is Delta going to do about it? Whoever is running their twitter account is an idiot. It's really stupid to get in a twitter war over this.

what are you going to do about it

what are they going to do about it

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm starting to think Ann Coulter might be a bad person...?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So what was the "emergency?" I'll accept anything all the way down to "kid separated from parent" but what was it specifically?

Coulter is still despicable but I am curious about the particulars.

Leave it to Ann Coulter to get people to sympathize with a US airline.

Nobody is sympathizing with Delta.

People think Coulter is a serial liar and will use these lies to win sympathy from others. She's not earned the benefit of the doubt here and the ones who freely grant it to her are suspect as hell.

Shadybiz

10/10, would read again (for real).

PopeReal

I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals. I applaud the effort, at least.

On topic: She has a right to be upset. Poor customer service on Delta's part.

Projection. How does it work?

We see it exhibited by Trump and his supporters on a daily basis. All they do is bitch and whine.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Uh, Ann Coulter is a disgusting shitstain and I'm all for mocking her at any opportunity, but I'm not seeing the "meltdown" here? Two tweets that complain about a frustrating airline experience... not seeing it.

PopeReal

Uh, Ann Coulter is a disgusting shitstain and I'm all for mocking her at any opportunity, but I'm not seeing the "meltdown" here? Two tweets that complain about a frustrating airline experience... not seeing it.

I would say going after someone who is just traveling on the plane is part of it.

And there is context to consider. It is covered in this thread.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

She'll write a book about it.

Syriel

I didn't think it was necessary to quote all of her tweets in the OP.

Hit up any news outlet though, and you'll see it was a bit more than two tweets.

Currently on the Google News list:
The airline’s offense? Moving her across the aisle — still in the row with extra leg room — apparently so a woman could sit with her family in the same row. Coulter said she was ordered “to move w/o explanation, compensation or apology.”
In all, Coulter’s tantrum consisted of at least 20 tweets over two days.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ann-coulter-throws-two-day-twitter-tantrum-against-delta-2017-07-16

I came in here looking for a meltdown and found a couple tweets bitching about airline service....disappointed.

Here you go; from the Twitter "moments" page:
https://twitter.com/i/moments/886573473912430592

Top Bottom