• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ann Coulter has Twitter Meltdown over Delta Seat Assignment

giphy.gif

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I would say, she has a valid point. Getting moved on a plane for your selected seat, now when they are even charging me to select seats is bullshit.

But it's also her, a lying hypocritical person who wants to see people suffer for her own shit and take this online. So move her ass again... next time to the middle.

manakel

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.
This is honestly one of the most accurate statements I've ever read in my life. PREACH!

This is 100% of Conservatives. They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it, and since they live under the idiotic assumption that nothing in their life will EVER change, they oppose EVERYTHING. I am so done with sympathy for these pathetic snowflakes. Fuck Ann Coulter and every dumb piece of shit that follows Ann Coulter.

*brofist* Can't say it better.

massoluk

Banned
I would say, she has a valid point. Getting moved on a plane for your selected seat, now when they are even charging me to select seats is bullshit.

But it's also her, a lying hypocritical person who wants to see people suffer for her own shit and take this online. So move her ass again... next time to the middle.

IT WAS THE SAME EXTRA LEG ROOM ROW

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So what was the "emergency?" I'll accept anything all the way down to "kid separated from parent" but what was it specifically?

Coulter is still despicable but I am curious about the particulars.

I'll accept anything down to "Delta felt Ann Coulter hadn't been inconvenienced in her day-to-day life enough."

I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals. I applaud the effort, at least.

On topic: She has a right to be upset. Poor customer service on Delta's part.
Nah. Right wing assholes often use terms that better describe themselves than the person their attempting to shame. If you want a good sample of easily-triggered ideologically fragile snowflakes, watch the Fox News.

I'm really enjoying how the left is trying to co-opt the term snowflake, as if 98% of the world isn't always going to associate the term with liberals. I applaud the effort, at least.

US. Nobody outside the US has these type of "we want to be ISIS and love it" type 'discussions' and thinks it's genuine political discussion.

That's the other 7.2 billion people on the planet btw (versus 300-350 million in the US), just to clarify how absurd that claim is.

On topic: She has a right to be upset. Poor customer service on Delta's part.

In Mexico, and Europe, at least France/Spain from my experience, the same term is used to refer to those who thrown tantrums when they don't get it their way. So, conservatives and populists.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
If they moved her and didn't have a good reason doesn't she have the right to be a little upset? I don't ever fly so maybe I am missing something here with how these things work.

massoluk

Banned

Verelios

"unacceptable"?? What is Delta going to do about it? Whoever is running their twitter account is an idiot. It's really stupid to get in a twitter war over this.
Top kek

Yes, please tell me more about how her unprovoked attacks on Delta customers and employees are warranted. I'll wait.

mAcOdIn

If they moved her and didn't have a good reason doesn't she have the right to be a little upset? I don't ever fly so maybe I am missing something here with how these things work.
Of course she has a right to be upset, that's the point, that she doesn't see how the people she berates and ridicules throughout her career also had that right. Because when it's not her her advice is obey authority or follow the norm once it affects her then she complains.

Frankly though her story's the most laughable of them all, any decent human being doing anything solo should be just fine moving so a family or group can be together if possible, especially if the accommodations are the same. Not like she was removed from the flight or downgraded to a lower service, this truly is snowflake territory here.

Dhx

Let's set aside the irredeemable trash that is Ann Coulter for a moment for a debatable point.

The airline’s offense? Moving her across the aisle — still in the row with extra leg room — apparently so a woman could sit with her family in the same row

Yeah, no. That's bullshit. Ask the passenger if they'll kindly swap seats. Don't just move them without explanation. The flight attendant seems to have overstepped here. A grown woman can sit apart from her family for a flight. Or they can select a seat for a premium like everyone else.

theofficefan99

I wish I could frame this on my wall or something.

Fav post of 2017 right here

Pepboy

Ann Coulter is a piece of work, but you think 100% of conservatives don't feel empathy and can never change? And based on this crass generalization that gives you the moral right to not empathize with any conservatives? Sounds like you might be living in a bubble yourself. Plenty of people change over time for a lot of reasons.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Economy Plus? Damn, guess that "economic anxiety" is no joke.

Ann Coulter is a piece of work, but you think 100% of conservatives don't feel empathy and can never change? And based on this crass generalization that gives you the moral right to not empathize with any conservatives? Sounds like you might be living in a bubble yourself. Plenty of people change over time for a lot of reasons.

It might suck to get generalized, but with even a little ideological diversity, sincerely acted upon, would have never gotten us 2016's election result. So enjoy your big smelly bucket, conservatives.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I wonder if she expressed the same concern when Merrick Garland had his seat taken from him.

Pepboy

It might suck to get generalized, but with even a little ideological diversity, sincerely acted upon, would have never gotten us 2016's election result. So enjoy your big smelly bucket, conservatives.

But rather than vilifying half a nation, perhaps trying to understand them might have prevented the loss in the first place? (I.e. Trump support in Midwest over job concerns)

It also helps foster debate and change, rather than the continual decline toward echo chambers.

I'll zoom in.

They are incapable of feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship. They're unimaginative hypocrites who cannot fathom how situations affect other people until they personally experience it

feeling empathy until they personally go through something. Opposed to gay marriage until their kid comes out. Opposed to welfare until they lose their job. Opposed to regulation until they personally suffer a hardship.

personally go through something.

Lothars

Let's set aside the irredeemable trash that is Ann Coulter for a moment for a debatable point.

Yeah, no. That's bullshit. Ask the passenger if they'll kindly swap seats. Don't just move them without explanation. The flight attendant seems to have overstepped here. A grown woman can sit apart from her family for a flight. Or they can select a seat for a premium like everyone else.
there is no setting aside, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what delta did. She will get refunded and she got the same size of seat with extra leg room. Only bullshit is her

Dhx

there is no setting aside, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what delta did. She will get refunded and she got the same size of seat with extra leg room. Only bullshit is her

Well, yes there can be setting aside for discussion. And just because Delta can move someone for essentially any reason due to the carriage contract, that doesn't mean they should. The flight attendant shouldn't be moving people just because they want to sit together. That bar is too low.

Would you say the same if you were all cozy in an aisle seat, and I wanted to sit by my friend next to you, proceeded to ask a friendly attendant if he would move you, and then that attendant abided?

mAcOdIn

Well, yes there can be setting aside for discussion. And just because Delta can move someone for essentially any reason due to the carriage contract, that doesn't mean they should. The flight attendant shouldn't be moving people just because they want to sit together. That bar is too low.

Would you say the same if you were all cozy in an aisle seat, and I wanted to sit by my friend next to you, proceeded to ask a friendly attendant if he would move you, and then that attendant abided?
Unfortunately right. Mistakes, well inconveniences, happen all the time in the world I wouldn't want to be seated at a restaurant and then forced to move later and I wouldn't want the same to happen on a plane either. Now, that said I would move, if asked or told to because if there is a more efficient seating method that keeps everyone who wants to be together together then why the fuck not, but the proper method I think is to politely ask the person if they'd move and if not then tough luck but passengers shouldn't be moved around at other passengers' whims. Of course Delta was within their stated contractual rights with the customer and within their legal rights as well just, just as with the case with United just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Sadly, I don't think that Ann Coulter will learn from this and go on to extrapolate that if she shouldn't be moved a single seat that perhaps other paying customers shouldn't be forcibly removed from a flight. That's why people are making fun of her. Well that and how minor her inconvenience was in comparison to others.

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/886828096887848960

Looks like she is still on this, she just tweeted this in the last hour. She is still posting photos of this woman and her family. If the woman does not want her picture taken and/or posted on social media does she have some sort of recourse?

I just want to know in case Ann start ranting over me on a plane at some point in my life.

And this was 3 hours ago, where she is alleging that her ticket cost her $10,000...?

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/886805217538396160

danm999

Personally I wouldn't care, would be happy to move and frankly would be embarrassed about turning them down because it'd be awkward sitting next to that person the rest of the flight.

Aaron

Name one conservative who has actually gone through such a change. Just one.

Armaros

But rather than vilifying half a nation, perhaps trying to understand them might have prevented the loss in the first place? (I.e. Trump support in Midwest over job concerns)

It also helps foster debate and change, rather than the continual decline toward echo chambers.

You mean the echo chambers that say Obama is an Kenyan and a Muslim?

Or the ones that say the Russia Scandal is nothing?

Or the one about how Democrats are somehow obstructing, when Conservatives control all branches of government?

Which Trump Supporters should we debate and about what?

Dhx

Personally I wouldn't care, would be happy to move and frankly would be embarrassed about turning them down because it'd be awkward sitting next to that person the rest of the flight.

The contention is about not being asked. Most would move if asked nicely. In this case, the flight attendant would just move you and give little to no explanation with no option to decline. After all, it's in your contract. I don't think that would sit well with most.

Name one conservative who has actually gone through such a change. Just one.

I lean much more to the right than most here and at one point considered myself a conservative. I changed. But then again, I'm a rational human being that believes in science and objective evidence. Still.. it can happen.

Aaron

Of course I'd switch seats because I'm not a baby. Where I sit on an airplane doesn't make the slightest difference to me. Nor should it to anyone who isn't a thin skin covering over an enormous ego. Delta should try to sit families together because it will make a group of people happy to absolutely no loss of happiness to the people around them. People should be volunteering to do it without even needing to call on stewardices because it's an actual decent thing to do.

So much truth in one post.

danm999

The contention is about not being asked. Most would move if asked nicely. In this case, the flight attendant would just move you and give little to no explanation with no option to decline. After all, it's in your contract. I don't think that would sit well with most.

Who cares if you're not being downgraded.

Plus it's obviously why you're being moved; even Coulter figured it out so she could harass the family.

Dhx

Of course I'd switch seats because I'm not a baby. Where I sit on an airplane doesn't make the slightest difference to me. Nor should it to anyone who isn't a thin skin covering over an enormous ego. Delta should try to sit families together because it will make a group of people happy to absolutely no loss of happiness to the people around them. People should be volunteering to do it without even needing to call on stewardices because it's an actual decent thing to do.

It may not make a difference to you, but if I paid $30 for a specific seat, I would expect that seat unless there was an actual reason beyond people wanting to sit together. They could have paid for seat selection themselves. Now, if I were asked instead of told to swap seats, I would strongly consider it. However, there should be no expectation that I move, and declining to move would not make me "a baby." I think adults can stand to not sit next to one another for a single flight.

Who cares if you're not being downgraded.

Plus it's obviously why you're being moved; even Coulter figured it out so she could harass the family.

Again, some people do care and in fact may have paid extra for that particular seat. Saying you don't care isn't exactly relevant. I don't care about a lot of things.

Top Bottom