• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anno 2070 |OT| Time to Face the Future

I'm probably going to buy this since it's on sale on Steam, but I'd just like to know if building cities in the retail version require the insane amount of residences as the demo does (for mission 2 that is), are there more variety of buildings later down the line?

I'm probably going to buy this since it's on sale on Steam, but I'd just like to know if building cities in the retail version require the insane amount of residences as the demo does (for mission 2 that is), are there more variety of buildings later down the line?

Each faction only has one type of residence, but it gets upgraded as you reach higher citizen levels. Higher level residences hold more people.

bjb

Banned
One thing I didn't like about this game was not being able to build walls. At least I didn't see them available?

Fitz

How do I "find people" for quests and stuff?

They will be wandering around the relevant City, they'll also have a blue outline to help you spot them. It can be quick tricky to find people when you've got a massive city, I generally just zoom in and scour each street in my city one by one.

One thing I didn't like about this game was not being able to build walls. At least I didn't see them available?

No walls, wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for a modern city though, what with aircraft and long-range missiles and such.

Finally got the time to install this game.

WHOA!!! I seriously didn't expect this game to blow my mind like this!

Played for 3 hours, completed around 5-6 missions so far and I love it!

Didn't expect the development in the mission where you meet Dr. Devi! That was a pleasant surprise for me!

How is the DLC for this game?

zulfate

So after playing simcity closed beta i was itching for more city building games, my research lead me to anno which i remember looking cool but i forgot all about it. So i went ahead and bought anno 1404 and wow as hard as it is it has completly sucked me in! It is a shame no one really talks about but i hope it makes enough money to keep making more games of this nature.

So my question is does anno 2070 on steam work properly i read that steam took 1404 down because of patch problems. If it works i would buy after i had my fill of 1404.

Effect

They will be wandering around the relevant City, they'll also have a blue outline to help you spot them. It can be quick tricky to find people when you've got a massive city, I generally just zoom in and scour each street in my city one by one.

No walls, wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for a modern city though, what with aircraft and long-range missiles and such.

You're also building on islands as well. I do wish hat was the case or at least an option for you to have one large land mass. If there isn't I haven't seen it but then again I haven't played the game as much as I'd like to.

All the recent talk of SimCity 5 made me load up the game. Decided to just take it easy and on a continuous map as I hadn't played in a while and before I knew close to 3 hours had passed. I should try playing no just the Eden Initiative though. Have enjoyed the game in the end but still prefer Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery more. So much so I bought that game twice (PC and Wii). Still have yet to pick up the Deep Ocean expansion. Might bite on that in a few weeks if I'm still playing and have't gotten tired of the game.

Has Ubisoft said anything about a new Anno game coming? New Settlers? Though with Settlers I still have to play 7. The DRM stopped me when it first came out but don't really care at this point to be honest as long as there are no problems.

I bought this yesterday on the Steam Sale with all the DLC, having never played an Anno game before.

I looked around at the various campaign and mission options and decided to just hop into continuous mode on easy, and spent a good 2-3 hours figuring out the basics. It's very nice.

I'm playing as the Tycoons, though, and my Eco balance is completely tanked, like -75, and at the moment I don't know how to bring it up. Nice game, though.

I bought this yesterday on the Steam Sale with all the DLC, having never played an Anno game before.

I looked around at the various campaign and mission options and decided to just hop into continuous mode on easy, and spent a good 2-3 hours figuring out the basics. It's very nice.

I'm playing as the Tycoons, though, and my Eco balance is completely tanked, like -75, and at the moment I don't know how to bring it up. Nice game, though.

Just got this too! Surprised the community for this game is so small :(

Got 2070, liking the setting, despite not being a fan of sci-fi as much as what I see in 1404

Sucks that there is no straigtforward tutorial, so Im trying to learn by trial and error/SP.

Gassey

Banned
Was about to dive in and buy this on the Steam sale. Then, a thought occured: "I wonder if this has DRM?"

Yeah... Ubisoft...

Meier

Picked this up during the Steam sale and I can't say I'm having a ton of fun with it personally. Gorgeous graphics though even on my system.

I picked this up a while back, maybe during the last Summer sale. I never really spent enough time with it to get a good grasp with it until now, and I'm absolutely loving it. I spent 20 hours playing it this weekend. It's pretty daunting to start given the variety of different modes, and the tutorials aren't great about giving you a lot of information, but fortunately it's a ton of fun figuring stuff out, and even in failure you can still manage to make some impressive cities. And when it does finally click and you've got multiple islands settled with trade routes and production working as intended it's a great feeling.

I was feeling pretty bummed about the new SimCity, but after getting a good hand of 2070, even if Maxis managed to fix all my issues with SimCity (offline play, huge cities, working traffic/services/AI) at this point I'd have zero desire to play it over this. Everything about it seems utterly primitive.

I just wish the DRM on Anno wasn't so disgusting so I could feel better about recommending it to others. I'm going to check out 1404/Dawn of Discovery next.

Meteorain

Picked this up a few days ago during the Steam sale since it was really cheap.

Gorgeous game and a bundle of fun. Have been playing it with some other Gaffers and we're having fun learning the game in an exploratory mulitplayer environment.

Goddamn feeding my people fast food is actually proving more troublesome than I anticipated!

Top Bottom