• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another 1UP/EGM Writer Leaves

traveler

Not Wario
This sucks. I always liked Fragile Eagle. Ah well, good luck in your future endeavors.

Shawn leave 1up Yours before it gets to you too! :(
 

mileS

Member
WTF is going to happen to Sports Anomaly? that podcast will never be the same....


seems like every 2 weeks somebody new is leaving...
 

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Mac the KNife said:
Seems like 1up is a good gateway into the development world these days.

Seriously. The only people that are left to be promoted "out of the company" are Shane, Garnett, and other long-timers.
 
Danne-Danger said:
Garnett, don't fill the fourth chair again.

Just don't fill it with someone that we actually like...

And Bryan, good luck in Orlando in your new role of adding emotion to Madden.
 

Slavik81

Member
You know, it was only 2 or 3 weeks ago that I changed my mind, deciding that I did think that Bryan was interesting and insightful often enough to be a good member of 1UP Yours.

And now he leaves? Dammit. Couldn't he have left before I wanted him to stay? That would have been preferable. Or maybe have just do a terrible job of things on his final podcasts?

Google said:
Skip, why the need for four people on the podcast?
Why not just have Three?
A range of viewpoints, perspectives and opinions is really vital.
 

WrikaWrek

Banned
Horrible, just horrible.

I'm sick of these "journalists" trying to land jobs at development studios, i bet a lot of ass kissing behind the scenes happens until friends x or y gets them a spot.

I just don't understand this, tell me you are going to work in other outlet or something, but these guys moving to dev studios just rubs me the wrong way. Is that what "professional" gaming journalism has come to? Sucking some a long your years as a journalist so you can land a job in a dev studio?

Ugh. Imagine other areas where professional journalists just try to land a job on whatever they cover....
 

Nightz

Member
I wish you the best, Bryan. Give N'Gai the third chair...that way you won't have to worry about him leaving 1up.
 

Dharmalar

Banned
 

Rlan

Member
Seems like anyone who's got the "surprise" announcement of 4th Chair leaves ie; Garnett tells them on the show that they're now the permanent 4th Chair. Similar thing with John when the 1UP Show "pretended" that he was leaving.. not realizing that days before he had told the upper management that he was leaving :lol

Maybe 1up yours should go around and ask people who actually WANT to be on. I think they're less likely to leave so quickly :lol
 

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Bryan's awesome, sucks to see him leave. New 1UPy crew will have had only 2 regular 4 man podcasts. Shame.
 

skip

Member
Google said:
Skip, why the need for four people on the podcast?

Why not just have Three?

tradition, I suppose. we'll see what happens after this, but I'm not too worried (as much as I'll miss bryan).
 
WrikaWrek said:
Horrible, just horrible.

I'm sick of these "journalists" trying to land jobs at development studios, i bet a lot of ass kissing behind the scenes happens until friends x or y gets them a spot.

I just don't understand this, tell me you are going to work in other outlet or something, but these guys moving to dev studios just tubs me the wrong way. Is that what "professional" gaming journalism has come to? Sucking some a long your years as a journalist so you can land a job in a dev studio?

Ugh.

You're assuming that the only job he wants or can get is at a game development studio?

Also, Ziff-Davis is in trouble, and they don't pay enough to live in San Francisco. Can you really blame everyone?
 

traveler

Not Wario
WrikaWrek said:
Horrible, just horrible.

I'm sick of these "journalists" trying to land jobs at development studios, i bet a lot of ass kissing behind the scenes happens until friends x or y gets them a spot.

I just don't understand this, tell me you are going to work in other outlet or something, but these guys moving to dev studios just rubs me the wrong way. Is that what "professional" gaming journalism has come to? Sucking some a long your years as a journalist so you can land a job in a dev studio?

Ugh. Imagine other areas where professional journalists just try to land a job on whatever they cover....

You do realize not all of them left for a dev studio? I think Kathleen went on to help create some sort of gaming Facebook type thing and Jane went on to help organize GDC or some other conference.
 
skip said:
tradition, I suppose. we'll see what happens after this, but I'm not too worried (as much as I'll miss bryan).
You better chain Shawn and Shane to their chairs from now on, I wouldn't be able to handle the grief.
 

WrikaWrek

Banned
dammitmattt said:
You're assuming that the only job he wants or can get is at a game development studio?

Also, Ziff-Davis is in trouble, and they don't pay enough to live in San Francisco. Can you really blame everyone?

"Bryan Intihar is leaving 1up/The Sports Anomaly to play grabass in the development world."

Again, go cover another entertainment segment, go cover politics, go to national T.V, get paid like mad, that's awesome!!!

But this trend of gaming journalists trying to land jobs at gaming studios just sickens me.

traveler said:
You do realize not all of them left for a dev studio? I think Kathleen went on to help create some sort of gaming Facebook type thing and Jane went on to help organize GDC or some other conference.

I'm not saying all of them did, i'm saying that is becoming a trend, or at least is happening again and again.
 
damn that sucks. I really liked Bryan

man 1up yours podcast can't stabilize at all. And they had such a great lineup. I think skip should use that open mic :)

My secret wish is for John to return. I miss John!! :(
 
Top Bottom