Another Century's Episode R screens

hteng

Banned
Aug 13, 2007
those are concept screens or actual gameplay?

while it looks just like the older games (interface wise), the graphics looks too good to be real

Ashkeloth

Oct 30, 2009
I love giant robots, and I like anime, yet I will never get to play this in a language I can understand.

This makes me greatly sad.

That said, even without whatever bullshot filter they've applied to those screens, they look really damned nice, and the game looks like it could be fun as hell.

rollingstart

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
eviloreisarapist
yeah those are some wild wild bullshots there :lol

a man can dream it will look that good, especially since the content seems way scaled down from previous games.

RS4-

Feb 8, 2009
Fuck, is that what the other thread was about? Who was it, Duckroll?

I need this game.

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
Looks pretty good. The ACE models have always been really detailed and really good, even on the PS2, so this is sort of expected (I understand most people here have never played the series so yeah). The attention to detail in scale, textures and moving parts has always been something that the ACE series has taken extra pride in. The Destiny Gundam model is pretty much on par with what I expect from a HD ACE game.

Beth Cyra

Nov 7, 2009
Oregon
Hmm looked way better then I thought ti would. I am really surprised by how well they did Aquarion. Now if the game looks even close to this when it is on my TV then the sting of the small mech list and the lack of vocals will be lightened at least somewhat.

Varion

May 3, 2009
England, UK
twitter.com
Oh hello. Looks pretty awesome. Haven't played any games with mechs in since the XBL version of Virtual On, so if this turns out to be any good I could spring on an import.

How well did the PS2 games go down? Worth looking forward to this?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mar 2, 2008
twitter.com
Shadow780 said:
How is that gonna work scale wise, it's literally too big to render!
Chouginga Gurren Lagann will punch a hole through the space-time continuum to make it happen!

I don't give a fuck if it's never released in a language I can understand, I will buy it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mar 2, 2008
twitter.com
hteng said:
http://daitrombe.s3.amazonaws.com/old/16700/2wte.jpg
Note that I said Gurren Lagann, not Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

It would still be awesome if they added that one. Or better yet, Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Aaron

Apr 12, 2006
www.the-nextlevel.com
Ashkeloth said:
I love giant robots, and I like anime, yet I will never get to play this in a language I can understand.

This makes me greatly sad.

That said, even without whatever bullshot filter they've applied to those screens, they look really damned nice, and the game looks like it could be fun as hell.
Having played the previous games, the story is the last thing you need to worry about. Just grab your favorite mech crossover fanfiction. It'll be about the same.

It's by From Software. They really don't do bullshots.

Replicant

Mar 20, 2007
I like how they make the robots look like one of those plasticine figurines you can buy from hobby shops.

JKTrix

Dec 5, 2008
Bermuda
I've been hesitant to get Gundam Senki, but the last two A.C.E. games I had eagerly imported. This one will be a no-brainer.

JKTrix

Dec 5, 2008
Bermuda
Gattsu25 said:
How import friendly are these games, typically?
There will be menu translation FAQs within a couple of days of the release, but I expect it shouldn't be too different from the last 3 games. Action games tend to fare better in the 'I can't read this crap' category than the strategy games.

Being familiar with the franchises helps a lot.

I kind of hope they don't do any awesome DLC, because I can't buy stuff off of JPSN.

C-Jo

Jul 15, 2009
Oooooooookay, this looks pretty awesome. So is this strictly an action based affair?

hteng

Banned
Aug 13, 2007
C-Jo said:
Oooooooookay, this looks pretty awesome. So is this strictly an action based affair?
if they are following the same formula in the previous games, you'll be able to upgrade your stats and weapons with money earn from each mission. i dont think there are any weapon customizations just option parts.