• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Century's Episode R screens

3323191.jpg

df91xc.jpg

2061wgp.jpg

15psne1.jpg

25poill.jpg
]
oap0d5.jpg

15cytdt.jpg

a9mqv9.jpg

29foyue.jpg

5ywwhj.jpg

fmhn47.jpg

k4a32h.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1233749_1407.html

hteng

Banned
those are concept screens or actual gameplay?

while it looks just like the older games (interface wise), the graphics looks too good to be real

Ashkeloth

I love giant robots, and I like anime, yet I will never get to play this in a language I can understand.

This makes me greatly sad.

That said, even without whatever bullshot filter they've applied to those screens, they look really damned nice, and the game looks like it could be fun as hell.

yeah those are some wild wild bullshots there :lol

a man can dream it will look that good, especially since the content seems way scaled down from previous games.

duckroll

Looks pretty good. The ACE models have always been really detailed and really good, even on the PS2, so this is sort of expected (I understand most people here have never played the series so yeah). The attention to detail in scale, textures and moving parts has always been something that the ACE series has taken extra pride in. The Destiny Gundam model is pretty much on par with what I expect from a HD ACE game.

Beth Cyra

Hmm looked way better then I thought ti would. I am really surprised by how well they did Aquarion. Now if the game looks even close to this when it is on my TV then the sting of the small mech list and the lack of vocals will be lightened at least somewhat.

Varion

Oh hello. Looks pretty awesome. Haven't played any games with mechs in since the XBL version of Virtual On, so if this turns out to be any good I could spring on an import.

How well did the PS2 games go down? Worth looking forward to this?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Shadow780 said:
How is that gonna work scale wise, it's literally too big to render!

Chouginga Gurren Lagann will punch a hole through the space-time continuum to make it happen!

I don't give a fuck if it's never released in a language I can understand, I will buy it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
hteng said:
http://daitrombe.s3.amazonaws.com/old/16700/2wte.jpg

Note that I said Gurren Lagann, not Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

It would still be awesome if they added that one. Or better yet, Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Aaron

Ashkeloth said:
I love giant robots, and I like anime, yet I will never get to play this in a language I can understand.

This makes me greatly sad.

That said, even without whatever bullshot filter they've applied to those screens, they look really damned nice, and the game looks like it could be fun as hell.
Having played the previous games, the story is the last thing you need to worry about. Just grab your favorite mech crossover fanfiction. It'll be about the same.

It's by From Software. They really don't do bullshots.

JKTrix

I've been hesitant to get Gundam Senki, but the last two A.C.E. games I had eagerly imported. This one will be a no-brainer.

JKTrix

Gattsu25 said:
How import friendly are these games, typically?

There will be menu translation FAQs within a couple of days of the release, but I expect it shouldn't be too different from the last 3 games. Action games tend to fare better in the 'I can't read this crap' category than the strategy games.

Being familiar with the franchises helps a lot.

I kind of hope they don't do any awesome DLC, because I can't buy stuff off of JPSN.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Looks so awesome. I like that last "macross" shot.:D
Is the game going have online?

hteng

Banned
C-Jo said:
Oooooooookay, this looks pretty awesome. So is this strictly an action based affair?

if they are following the same formula in the previous games, you'll be able to upgrade your stats and weapons with money earn from each mission. i dont think there are any weapon customizations just option parts.

Top Bottom