• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another day, another “leak” about next State Of Play

Papacheeks

Banned
I think Horizon is a late q3/early q4 game so think that State of Play is July earliest but who knows.

I've heard it's a September/late October release. So unless they want to overlap state of plays for kena, we should see it more June/July for Horizon. WHich is what Grubb is reporting. Which is his estimate, but I would argue backed by things he's heard.

Which is similar to what I've heard.

I do know Sony has couple big announcements. But if they are ready for the main E3 state of play is something I don't know.

reksveks

I do know Sony has couple big announcements. But if they are ready for the main E3 state of play is something I don't know.
I think it's the Konami stuff (no real clue). Yeah, July makes more sense for me. I am still trying to guess whether Sony goes before or after e3.

yurinka

Horizon: forbidden west has it's own State of Play in June. God of war we wont see until Sony's "E3" state of play. Which will consist of more concrete updates to Stray, Solar Ash, third party partnered games like FF16. Games like Kena will either be a part of this summer's State of play, or get it's own like Ratchet did closer to launch. So in July.
I think that in June Sony will have their own 'E3' big summer event where very likely they will reveal GoWR and HFW gameplay and show many other games. I think Horizon 2 will have its own State of Play way later, maybe in September or so: a few weeks before its release.

I think this is going to be their schedule:

-Late May: indie focused State of Play
-Mid June: 'E3' big summer event
-Mid August: fighting game focused event at EVO finals
-Early September: Horizon focused State of Play
-Late September: Indies focused State of Play
-Mid October: GoW focused State of Play

Last edited:

NewChoppa

Banned
Not sure. It seems pretty realistic, but the Project Cars 3 mention is pretty iffy.

The game itself has reached the end of its life in terms of support (they repeatedly mention that there is no more DLC coming in this blog post, suggests that they’re moving on to developing Project Cars 4). That, and the fact that the game didn’t do too well at all (sold much less than Project Cars 2, and a lot of the community skipped the game as it was much more of an arcade-focused title) makes me wonder why they’d bother developing a current gen patch for it.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Pig GIF by Angry Birds Movie

SLB1904

Banned
Tons of salt I get that.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

*BUT* this list isn't "far out there" at all. It's entirely possible which makes it a bit more easy to swallow.

Sunset Overdrive is an IP that deserves more love. Hoping this is true.

Sunset is amazing. Played on gamepass expecting to be bad or mediocre but it was so much fun. Great gameplay. The only thing that put me off was the enemies design. Too much orange hiding their unique features.
88/10

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Sunset Overdrive Refreshed Edition (Insomniac Games/Xbox Game Studios, PS4 & PS5, Fall 2021)
Ah yes, Xbox Game Studios, going to publish a game they don't own on PS4 and 5.
Doubt.gif
They own the publish rights for the first game

Kerotan

Convenient, isn't it? More Sunset Overdrive also seems super redundant now that Insomniac's got Spider-Man.
How would they fit the development in with Miles morales, ratchet and spiderman 2? Not to mention spiderman remaster.

They probably have a psvr game in development too although maybe Sunset will be that vr game.

SLB1904

Banned
They wouldn't own the rights to a "refreshed edition".
Maybe they had to agree for the refreshed edition to happen. I mean we dont know the implications of that. The only think we know is that they own the publish rights of the first game. And those rights are probably about to expire anyway. Just saying
Let's see how it pans out. It's a rumour sooner or later well find out

Papacheeks

Banned
I think that in June Sony will have their own 'E3' big summer event where very likely they will reveal GoWR and HFW gameplay and show many other games. I think Horizon 2 will have its own State of Play way later, maybe in September or so: a few weeks before its release.

I think this is going to be their schedule:

-Late May: indie focused State of Play
-Mid June: 'E3' big summer event
-Mid August: fighting game focused event at EVO finals
-Early September: Horizon focused State of Play
-Late September: Indies focused State of Play
-Mid October: GoW focused State of Play

Yea, we wont see anything till after ratchet for Horizon or any big titles. But I suspect they will have more than one showing for Horizon gameplay.

yurinka

Yea, we wont see anything till after ratchet for Horizon or any big titles. But I suspect they will have more than one showing for Horizon gameplay.
Ratchet gets released the day before E3 starts.

So I think they will show Horizon and GoWR gameplay for the first time at 'E3', maybe a week after Ratchet release.

And then some time later Horizon and GoW would get their own State of Play (similar to the Ratchet one we saw) a month of so before thier game releases. Which would be a week or so before the gaming media posts their previews.

They wouldn't own the rights to a "refreshed edition".
Sony owns the IP, and can port the game, make a remaster, a remake, a sequel or a movie if they want.

Last edited:

truth411

I think Horizon is a late q3/early q4 game so think that State of Play is July earliest but who knows.
No way, Horizon 2 will be Sony's Main Holiday game for 2021. November 2021 release, you can book it. God of War isn't coming out this year, and to be honest Sony doesn't need it to. PS5 shortages will probably not be as bad next year, God Of War coming out in Q1 or Q2 of 2022 makes more of a buisness sense and a AAA Game that continues the PS5 momentum. It also give Sony Santa Monica More Dev time. Im just hoping God Of War isn't a cross-gen title.

Varteras

Gold Member
A remaster of the first Sunset Overdrive for PS5? I can see it. Microsoft won't be able to keep Sunset Overdrive off other platforms forever. Quite likely that it's rights are about to expire, if they haven't already. That being said, I have serious doubts about Insomniac working on a sequel. Resistance was a far more notable IP and Insomniac have walked away from it. Ratchet & Clank is their most successful original IP and Spider-Man is their current blockbuster. I see little chance that with Rift Apart still yet to release and a full blown Spider-Man sequel likely in development that Insomniac has the available man power to have put in enough work to show us anything on a new big title. I feel it's far more likely that they have some kind of VR project in the works to launch with PSVR 2. Even if a Sunset Overdrive remaster exists, it might not even be handled by Insomniac.

Thief1987

Maybe they had to agree for the refreshed edition to happen. I mean we dont know the implications of that. The only think we know is that they own the publish rights of the first game. And those rights are probably about to expire anyway. Just saying
Let's see how it pans out. It's a rumour sooner or later well find out
I doubt that Sony so desperate to release port/remaster that they allow MS to publish it.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I call bullshit on literally all of this. Is there anything lending this leak credibility?

Top Bottom