• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another failed console spec comparison (Gamespot)

stryke

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/next-gen-console-comparison-ps3-ps4-xbox-one-xbox-360/1100-6416217/

2382224-comparison2.png

For the non tech savvy among us, care to explain why this is a failed comparison?

PS3
How does a 7-core processor suddenly become 3 cores?
It supported 7 controllers, not 4

PS4
CPU frequency hasn't been published. Should at least have a footnote.
SD Video chat - The Playstation Camera is capable of 720p

X1
It has DDR3+eSRAM, not GDDR3
No Bluetooth for X1

For both PS4 & X1
Where's the shader count or clockspeed?

Xbox 360
How did the 360 play disc based games?

and this:

Alright, who cropped out the WiiU?

UPDATE: Still riddled with mistakes

Their updated comparison

2382343-comparison_final.jpg

UPDATE 2: The Xbox One is more powerful than the PS4 confirmed.

2382376-comparison_final2.jpg

UPDATE 3: 9 cores for PS3. It's like they don't even care anymore.

2382436-comparison_final3.jpg

For the non tech savvy among us, care to explain why this is a failed comparison?

Edit:

Okay, I noticed that the GPU specifics are missing and does the XB One Support bluetooth?

Geedorah

Well equalizing the GPU on the PS4/XBO for one, no DVD on 360 for another.

Thought there was a discless 360 on the way - that may be what they are referencing? Or was that scrapped?

Dunno, doesn't look too off information-wise to me, but god the art direction is terribad.

Wow how game "journalists" continue to get this wrong is beyond me.

Ps4 has GDDR5 RAM
Xbone has DDR3 RAM

Ps4 has a better video card too.

No GPU specs...

If your going to do that you need to say AMD CPU for consistancy.

:p

Number of cores for CPU, Missing number of Compute Units for GPU.

Again with the lack of consistency...

All which would favor the PS4.

Let's talk speed of CPU and leave the speed of the Ram out...

Horrible.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I like how the video card, proabbly one of the most important gaming components is simply the brand.

Plus if i was average joe looking at that list i would think the bone was more powerful.

GDDR3 should be DDR3.
Conveniently left out the actual number of flops for GPU.
Pretty sure Snap is not a video chat feature.
Xbox one doesn't have bluetooth.

Hilarious that they happen to show the clock speed for the CPU, which just so happens to be the one category the XB1 beats the PS4 in.

But when it comes to GPU, where the PS4 has a big advantage, no such detail is provided.

Yeah, lay-people are going to look at that and think the One is better overall.. just going on the CPU speed... then again look at the CPU speed of the the 360 and PS3 compared to the One and PS4, heh.

It's no wonder Cartman thinks the One will have faster frame rates.

If they put CPU frequency, why don't they put GPU power? It's confusing as hell just putting the brand name (is RSX just a code name?) for GPUs?

Jomjom

Banned
What the hell is a GDDR3?

I have an nvidia in my computer. Is it a Titan or a mobile nvidia GPU? That's for me to know and you to find out.

Seriously though, why would you give "CPU frequency" but not give any kind of measure for the GPU? Especially when GPU matters WAY more for games than the CPU.

nib95

Banned
AMD Radeon, how specific. Oh and GDDR3 lol. Hate to keep berating games journalism, but fucking hell do some research, source your shit, and offer some comparisons that don't actually insult our intelligence.

Honestly, we would be wise to ignore such sites and articles for such information and just stick to forums like GAF. We're way ahead of the curve on this stuff despite what certain PR and warriors may say otherwise.

Top Bottom