• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another huge EVE online battle between the 2 largest coalitions

The crazy thing is that some people spend actual money to aid them in acquiring those things so in that sense it is real money lost.

There was a rumor (never substantiated I think) that some super-rich guy was funding one of the big Russian alliances.

Mindlog

Can you summarize why this battle is happening?

You can use jargon and all that, just don't know the current politics of EvE.
I just have the roughest understanding of what is going on. Pandemic Legion (allies to Ninety Nine Nights?) dropped sov in their staging station system. CFC (The North and Goonswarm and others I guess) took the opportunity to attack and possibly take sov for themselves. The battle has been going on for quite some time, but there is a chance CFC is delaying (drones) until US TZ as they have a lot of super heavies waiting.

This has been going for ~8 hours so far.

There are others who could do a much better job with the summary :]
If nothing comes up I'll eventually end up browsing all the usual eve news forums.

Branduil

Well, what else are you supposed to do with 'em? Ships are made to go pew pew pew.

Isn't that nearly the same thing? The money and effort they put into acquiring these things - they could have just cashed out instead.

I don't think you can actually cash your ships out.

pulsemyne

I just have the roughest understanding of what is going on. Pandemic Legion (allies to Ninety Nine Nights?) dropped sov in their staging station system. CFC (The North and Goonswarm and others I guess) took the opportunity to attack and possibly take sov for themselves. The battle has been going on for quite some time, but there is a chance CFC is delaying (drones) until US TZ as they have a lot of super heavies waiting.

This has been going for ~8 hours so far.

There are others who could do a much better job with the summary :]
If nothing comes up I'll eventually end up browsing all the usual eve news forums.

Goons and the rest of us aren't deploying our drones to prevent the node dying. Drones caused huge lag in the last big fight.
3 trillion isk lost/ 4000 plex worth.

Tacitus_

No, I mean taking the time and effort spent earning the ISK, and instead of buying/building a ship, cashing it out. Or you could sell it third party.

I don't think it's that easy to find buyers. Besides, I think they go down with the banhammer pretty hard if they find you trading stuff in unauthorized ways.

NewGame

Banned
When I see an Eve battle this is all I can think about.

tumblr_l619cbTMCH1qztjn5o1_500.gif

What a waste/10.

zma1013

So uhh, is there no way to make a ship invincible until the player has actually loaded in? That would seem to be the best way to solve the problem of dying before you can even play. Give the ship a noticeable visual aura that tells enemies that they are loading in and not to fire until the aura goes away or something? Or hell, make them invisible until they load or something. That would probably be better.

I dunno, it just seems dumb that that can happen.

pulsemyne

It's now 28-10 and one very noticable loss was a titan with 220 billion isk in modules. The single most expensive loss ever. This is crazy. Most think it could be an all nighter right through to downtime.

Saikyo

wutisdota: FOR THOSE THAT DONT PLAY EVE: Ok little Tommy this is what's happening. Team A had a house in space, they forgot to pay rent. So they got kicked out of their house. Now anyone could come and move in.So Team B gathered up all their big ships with big giant guns and went to move in.However Team A brought all their big ships and guns to try and reclaim their house.Currently both teams are shooting eachother and blowing eachother up over this house.Team B appears to be facefucking Team A at the moment.

So is that a good summary?

weevles

This game seems broken to me. :p

Also, I'm jelly of anyone able to dump $3K of real world money into a battle they will likely lose and not even be able to play an active part in.

sueil

So yeah this battle will probably get over in another 9 hours. Hopefully we can kill another couple dozen PL/N3 Titans and then I can go to bed for 20 hours.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Every single time one of these fights pop up I think about activating my starter pack that I bought over a year ago... still haven't done it.

Top Bottom