• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem Lead Producer Leaving BioWare

iconmaster

Banned
Whupz.

Ben Irving, the lead producer on BioWare's action-RPG Anthem, has announced he's leaving the company. In a statement on Twitter, Irving said that he has accepted a position with another company and that the game still has a "bright future" under current leadership.

Bright. Like a trash fire?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I dunno. Reddit says it's actually good news since he's one of the reasons why Anthem is shit and some other bad decisions regarding swtor. Obviously, this is probably bullshit but who knows.

Shifty

Bright indeed.

tumblr_l895k4nEQ71qa6ql2o1_500.gif

Whupz.

If his leadership resulted in the dumpster fire mascarading as 'game' called Anthem, and this company is willing to give him any sort of creative leadership role.. I can tell you right now I am not buying that game. Anthem was a massive disappointment and still is.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Dude, just scroll down a little. 😂

Tygeezy

I have like zero faith in the next dragon age.
There shouldn't even be a next dragon age. Not one developed by the husk of Bioware anyway. Bioware's name isn't a draw at this point anymore. If I were EA I would shutter Bioware, open up a new studio, let go of Bioware's management team, and bring over the actual talented people to the new studio, and hire some new talent with new management and give them Bioware IP's.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Dude, just scroll down a little. 😂

I used the search and didn't see that I'm so blind 🤣🤣

Stuart360

Isnt this that young looking chubby guy who was constantly bigging Anthem up in vids?. Good riddance, he didnt work on Mass Effect or Dragon Age anyway.

Virex

Banned
What if he now is a Hellpoint dev?
He can not be Hellpoint Dev. Hellpoint Dev is all, Hellpoint Dev knows all, Hellpoint dev is all that was and ever will be. So I'll wait for Hellpoint dev to confirm this before I believe it. Even if Ben Irving confirms it personally. I still won't believe him until Hellpoint Dev confirms it.

Tygeezy

It seems like we have a major sunk cost fallacy going here. This ip is so damaged that I doubt there is anyway they can revive this game without a considerable amount of time and money. Is bioware even talented enough at this point to make this a fun game that people want to play assuming they have unlimited time and money? Id be tempted to shut this game down completely around a good time to deliver bad news. So maybe around a time a bunch of anticipated games are getting released?

Now that Bioware is kill, how long until DICE is next? I know that Criterion is still alive but mainly as a zombie and Respawn is too recent, so that leaves DICE as the prime candidate for EA (Electronic AIDS).

iorek21

Meh, there are probably other 10 people with more responsability on Anthem than this guy.

I believe that Anthem's failure is mostly a collective failure rather than a individual one; Bioware as a whole is messing up projects ever since Dragon Age 2 back in 2011

Best of luck to this guy, I'd try to leave Bioware ASAP as well

iorek21

It seems like we have a major sunk cost fallacy going here. This ip is so damaged that I doubt there is anyway they can revive this game without a considerable amount of time and money. Is bioware even talented enough at this point to make this a fun game that people want to play assuming they have unlimited time and money? Id be tempted to shut this game down completely around a good time to deliver bad news. So maybe around a time a bunch of anticipated games are getting released?

I doubt they'll ever fix it, Anthem's budget must've been huge, and look at what they delivered....

No amount of money can make miracles in this case, unfortunately

It seems that Bioware is all SJW talk and no talent whatsoever

Tygeezy

I doubt they'll ever fix it, Anthem's budget must've been huge, and look at what they delivered....

No amount of money can make miracles in this case, unfortunately

It seems that Bioware is all SJW talk and no talent whatsoever
Final fantasy 14 comes to mind, but Final Fantasy is also squares crown jewel ip with a 30 + year legacy that they couldn’t afford to have tainted.

Anthems ip is probably a negative asset at this point while final fantasy is one of the biggest in gaming history.

Last edited:
Top Bottom