• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem (PC/XB1/PS4, EA/BioWare, Fall 2018) announced, full reveal at Microsoft conf

jett

D-Member
Why, I wonder where they got the idea of gigantic Wall that protects people from monsters. Where indeed.

Why, I wonder where they got the idea of gigantic Wall that protects people from monsters. Where indeed.

I mean do you think they've only been working on this game since early 2016 or is it actually an Attack on Titan clone

*But actually it's from China, with the Great Wall.

So they are rebooting the Mass Effect series? The whole "choices matter" and "the story doesn't end here" is really reminiscent of the first trailer for the original Mass Effect.

I think the posts so far have concluded that "Giant wall keeping out threat" is not an original idea.

Attack on Titan!

legend of legaia

Song of Ice and Fire

I mean do you think they've only been working on this game since early 2016 or is it actually an Attack on Titan clone

Trump?

maybe watch tomorrow instead of being debbie downer? how much writing was there in a 60 sec promo?

LMAO!

I'm going with Matt Damon's The Great Wall

So what's the real answer Jett?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I am a huge BioWare fan and I'm not thrilled this is a live service game but I'm keeping an open mind. Worlds collide and then get stalled in my gravity well, haha. Apologies.

jett

D-Member
LMAO!

I'm going with Matt Damon's The Great Wall

So what's the real answer Jett?

Why not all of them! :p

I was actually thinking of Game of Thrones at the time but the point is that it makes this thing look derivative. Guess you could say Destiny's Traveler is (was?) a metaphorical wall too.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
You have someone from Bioware saying it isn't exclusive. What are you talking about?

I thought someone in the thread mentioned it being exclusive to the Xbox platform. My mistake. I was just stating how that didn't make sense from a business standpoint.

ryseing

I was actually thinking of Game of Thrones at the time but the point is that it makes this thing look derivative. Guess you could say Destiny's Traveler is (was?) a metaphorical wall too.

Destiny also starts with your character walking through a wall.

I feel like the Western inspiration may trace back more to Hadrian's Wall, but yeah it's not like a super original thing.

I do think that it's going to end up drawing heavily from Destiny in some ways, though. Clearly designed to be that kind of animal.

Ah.. my first thought was Pacific Rim but thought that was a reach. Lol..

Eh.. Everyone deserves a wall story. I mean who doesn't like a good sturdy wall.

Could you imagine being a insurance company trying to insure all these walls? You'll go bankrupt on just one claim if anyone survives whatever the hell broke the damn thing.

Sorry, my mind drifted to real world logic.

What exactly should we expect? Free 2 play with things to buy? A subscription model? Or just something like Destiny?
"Games as service" type games seem to be forgoing free to play status from what I gather. Perhaps the Destiny model, but that's kind of old fashioned with all the DLC and expansions you have to buy. My guess is it will involve lootboxes.

Kyoufu

I can't believe this is Xbox One exclusive. Amazing get for Phil Spencer. Hope he wears an Anthem shirt tomorrow.

Wow, the BRRR sounds were so hype

I wonder who at Bioware came up with that

Never heard something so novel in a trailer before

Very intimidating and atmospheric

I want to hear more tomorrow

adj_noun

Well, I'm glad to finally know more about this thing than "it has trees in it".

A little hard to say anything more until they show more of it.

alt27

Pretty poor teaser. Will wait for the gameplay reveal tommorow.

Hope they have sorted out their issues with Frostbite

Kssio_Aug

"Games as service" type games seem to be forgoing free to play status from what I gather. Perhaps the Destiny model, but that's kind of old fashioned with all the DLC and expansions you have to buy. My guess is it will involve lootboxes.

You may be right. Well, anyway, tomorrow we will know. I'm intrigued though...

oneils

lol at people thinking this is exclusive to one platform. The trailer literally says "4K not available on all platforms" at the end.

Interesting to see how it plays tomorrow. Destiny could use the competition.

I can't believe this is Xbox One exclusive. Amazing get for Phil Spencer. Hope he wears an Anthem shirt tomorrow.

This thread is so weird.

Top Bottom