• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem (PC/XB1/PS4, EA/BioWare, Fall 2018) announced, full reveal at Microsoft conf

Kssio_Aug

I can't believe this is Xbox One exclusive. Amazing get for Phil Spencer. Hope he wears an Anthem shirt tomorrow.

giphy.gif

Edit: Aaaah, okay, it was sarcasm.

Jaraghan

Need to see the gameplay for my decision. Got burned on Inquisition and Andromeda; not sure I want to buy a Bioware game day 1 anymore.

CGwizz

I can see this already tomorrow, fight generic monsters with your cool generic armor in a cool generic post apocalipt world across that generic big wall in 4K but only on xbawxxx the most powerfull console on the planet !!!

watershed

Banned
Do we know enough about this game yet to understand what is special about it? The quote we got on Project Dylan was that Bioware wanted to make a game that would influence videogames like Bob Dylan influenced music; something that would be referenced and talked about for decades. Of course, that's hype talk but I do wonder what about this game is supposed to be revolutionary.

shandy706

I can see this already tomorrow, fight generic monsters with your cool generic armor in a cool generic post apocalipt world across that generic big wall in 4K but only on xbawxxx the most powerfull console on the planet !!!

Are you making a sarcastic post about people in the future thread posting and trying to downplay it by calling it generic, or are you saying it is?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Do we know enough about this game yet to understand what is special about it? The quote we got on Project Dylan was that Bioware wanted to make a game that would influence videogames like Bob Dylan influenced music; something that would be referenced and talked about for decades. Of course, that's hype talk but I do wonder what about this game is supposed to be revolutionary.

What we know for a fact is that it's a "live service" game with "disruptive social elements".

I'll have to be careful not to say too much and get in trouble, but: the game is actually not very similar to Attack on Titan or Titanfall, imho. There's so much more to the IP than what's in the teaser or even what we are revealing with this E3 beat.

And, again, it's not exclusive.

About the name: it's more a metaphor, not to be taken literally lol.

CGwizz

Are you making a sarcastic post about people in the future thread posting and trying to downplay it by calling it generic, or are you saying it is?

That teaser has nothing generic in it , nothing !!!

Wall protecting people from monsters in a post apocalipt world with your battle armor is the pinnacle of originality.

I'll have to be careful not to say too much and get in trouble, but: the game is actually not very similar to Attack on Titan or Titanfall, imho. There's so much more to the IP than what's in the teaser or even what we are revealing with this E3 beat.

And, again, it's not exclusive.

About the name: it's more a metaphor, not to be taken literally lol.

Don't let GAF get you down dude. Most of the people dont get excited unless its a 90 hour JRPG, but we don't really represent the gaming population at large. The teaser was dope!

Servbot24

Banned
The designs look very generic sci-fi so far, but hopefully we see some kind of twist in the full presentation.

Edit: Didn't see all the posts about that, lol. Sorry but it looks like it was designed by a committee. It's okay, the game could still look pretty and be good.

bluexy

Just on paper it's difficult not to be excited for Anthem. BioWare's Mass Effect team having the opportunity to make a cooperative, social, always online shooter (RPG?) sounds great. The comparisons to Destiny are inevitable, but a great game is a great game and Anthem will stand apart if it's deserving.

That said, it was a bit weak of a debut trailer. I didn't particularly feel introduced to any aspect of the game beyond maybe a King Kong-esque feeling from the endless wilderness.

BUT, that one keyart (any chance that's a screenshot?) made up for it. That one screenshot told us more about the game than the trailer. The four unique looking badasses in mech-armor flying off, or down, into the world? Now that's an exciting glimpse into whatever Anthem is. Class-based? Open world? I call dibs on the hulking dude on the left with the Predator-style laser/rocket launcher hanging behind his shoulder.

Don't let GAF get you down dude. Most of the people dont get excited unless its a 90 hour JRPG, but we don't really represent the gaming population at large. The teaser was dope!

All good, I've been on these boards (or reading them a long time) :)

Glad you liked it.

I feel exposed now that my profile acrually shows I'm the Marketing guy up there!

Zackat

All good, I've been on these boards (or reading them a long time) :)

Glad you liked it.

I feel exposed now that my profile acrually shows I'm the Marketing guy up there!

I thought it looked pretty rad. I like anything with exo suits

the more important question is how do you feel about Orange Coke from Coke freestyle machines?

timberger

lmao, people thought this might have been Xbox exclusive? EA have already learned that hard lesson more than once this gen.

Multiplatform game reveals on a specific platform holder's conferenrece have been a thing for so long now that I'm surprised this was so confusing for people. Of fucking course a big AAA online EA/Bioware game is not going to be exclusive to one platform (let alone the lowest selling one).

Top Bottom