• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem (PC/XB1/PS4, EA/BioWare, Fall 2018) announced, full reveal at Microsoft conf

KJRS_1993

This could be super cool. Mech suits are always a winner for me. I hope its first person, but I don't think Bioware have ever done a first person game and they'll want to distance themselves from Destiny a bit.

Very excited to see more though.

BADMAN

So it's a "games as a service" game from EA/bioware? That's disappointing. I wonder when we are going to see an actual RPG from Bioware again, especially if this does super well.

MKLnlk0.gif

RSpyLtX.gif

knEbEoR.gif

AGWsTau.gif

OBUCFRl.gif

I am intrigued.

A bit dissapointed in it being Fall 2018 though, although that was fully expected. It's still coming out before Last of Us 2, Shenmue 3, FF7 Remastered. So there's that..

Ferr986

A full third person Destiny-like game could be interesting. I guess it will be inspired by ME3 MP gameplay wise too.

mhayze

I'm definitely thinking it's an action RPG the way Destiny is an action RPG, not in the way say Diablo 3 is - not just because of the perspective different but more in terms of depth of RPG systems, gamplay/gunplay, mechanics, aiming and motion.

Staf

I wish games would do their reveal more akin to Fallout 4. A couple of months before release and show a good chunk of gameplay at reveal.

iFirez

They announced it would be gameplay didn't they?

Did they, I must have missed that. Awesome if so, I feel like we need to get that to understand and get a true feeling for the game. I thought they could have maybe just shown an extended/more detailed version of the teaser from the EA Play conference.

I'm excited and scared at the same time, because I'm not really sure about what BioWare is capable after all the smart folk left.

But hey I assume is their last chance before EA decides to close it down like Maxis?

Did they, I must have missed that. Awesome if so, I feel like we need to get that to understand and get a true feeling for the game. I thought they could have maybe just shown an extended/more detailed version of the teaser from the EA Play conference.
Yeah at the end of the teaser yesterday.
Anthem.jpg

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I just can't get excited over generic sci-fi shit anymore. I mean Mass Effect was sci-fi too, sure, but it was pulpy Sci-Fi. That said, I hope the game's fun to play at least, for those of you who think it looks cool

Lady Gaia

It already sounds like a destiny clone.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. A clone of what Destiny could have been and what some of us were hoping for from Destiny 2 would be amazing. Give me a rich setting filled with mysteries and lore. Give me memorable characters. Give me world-changing storylines. Give me something with the scale of Witcher 3 with expansions the quality of its DLC and I'll be there.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. A clone of what Destiny could have been and what some of us were hoping for from Destiny 2 would be amazing. Give me a rich setting filled with mysteries and lore. Give me memorable characters. Give me world-changing storylines. Give me something with the scale of Witcher 3 with expansions the quality of its DLC and I'll be there.

I think you will have to wait for Cyberpunk 2077 for that.

Oh wow actually? That's pretty bold, but holy shit is it exciting. Potential for beat-em-up style Vanquish gunplay and co-op.

I like both third person and first person games, but the one thing I disliked about destiny that was all my sexy armour wouldn't be visible to me save for certain moments (tower, supers, sparrow, menu). A third person game that lets me see my character more always gets me excited.

wildbite

I dig the teaser trailer. Give me a huge open world with a great story, characters, and romance — I will be happy. Bioware gets bonus points if I can ignore other players.

In MMOs it completely breaks immersion when going to talk to a quest NPC and ten people are huddled around.

Another concern is the release date. Fall 2018 sounds like an early 2019 game. That's a long time from now. We also don't know when CyberPunk 2077 will release. I can see both of these games coming out in 2018 or 2019. I recall reading CyberPunk will have seamless multiplayer and a shared living city. Without any other details, this sounds like both games are trying to accomplish the same thing.

Floody

Oh wow actually? That's pretty bold, but holy shit is it exciting. Potential for beat-em-up style Vanquish gunplay and co-op.

Damn that would be amazing. Above everything I really hope the nail the movement and gun play, it's a massive reason Destiny won me over in the end, it's far more important than anything imo for these games.

Shoeless

She only has worst novels.

For angry, intelligent highschool and college students her books can be a life-changing moment. Although usually that means that they become insufferable jerks for a while and either pass the morality acid test and outgrow it, becoming more compassionate human beings, or going all-in and embracing their inner selfish jerk for the rest of their lives.

Top Bottom